Brazilian League 2013/2014

• I hope she improves in receiving and blocking. :)

• Here there is a very nice video talking about Unilever project. It somehow explains why Im so proud to support this team, that is much more than a volleyball squad, it is a social work, it is involved in human values, not only results. And also one of the main reasons I really admire Bernardinho as a human being.

If anyone is interested, I translated what everyone said in the video.

Luiz Paulo Moura (Intersport director): "the Women's volleyball in Brazil, and volleyball in general, it is something that makes Brazil proud."

Valeskinha: "To overcome something, the union, to believe.."

Bernaridnho: "The group's strength, everyone depends on everyone, all action is an interaction."

Julio Campos (Unilever vice-president): "This team started in 1997 in Paraná, in an society with Bernardo."

Bernardo: "Unilever actually didnt join in only, they built with me this. Has been 15 years together. We started as Rexona, then Rexona-Ades, now Unilever and all their goods are together with us. It was a project built with four pillars".

JC: "To publish the brand in the essence of its values. In this case the values connected with social responsibility, social inclusion, human development, all these through the sport."

Fabi: "Unilever is crucial to brazilian volleyball. Revealing talents to Brazilian National Team."

Roberta: "Everything that is behind the scenes, that sometimes you can't see, they are the ones doing it."

Fofão: "They give us, athletes, the opportunity to have tranquility to make our game the best way possible."

Fabi: "And I think the biggest symbol of our team is Bernardinho. He is an example for us, he is a man that always has good words to say, despite the angry complaining (laught)."

Valeskinha: "He screams, has his attacks, pulls his hair, but he has a huge heart."

Bernardinho: "Our idea was to have connected with the high-level professional team, the transmission of values and knowledge to poor young people, that not always had the access to the high-level sport, that didnt have the access to a good school."

JC: "To bring each time more, young kids and adolescents, from 7 to 15 years old, to make part of this social project."

Luiz Paulo Moura (Intersport director): "The biggest differential Unilever has sponsoring the women volleyball team is the understanding that the sport is entertainment, that is a marketing platform, and a mean of human development. So sport is a powerful channel, cause deals with emotion, with passion, and today this is the most powerful way to engage fans."

Mara: "You see this huge support, everyone came, with sacrifice, in buses."

Fan: "I came from Belém, Pará, my land, to bring luck to Unilever."

JC: "We have the Unilovers, always in the gyms fighting with us, bringing energy, bringing optimism to the team in all situations." "To participate in the history of volleyball's development in Brazil for us is a reason of huge proud."

Bernardinho: "Beyond the professional relationship, spectacular, constructive, it is a human relationship. People in Unilever taught me a lot, helped me to build this that for me it is the biggest professional accomplishment in my life."

• yeah this social work being ipromoting human values is not something new this is done by other sports teaams as well :rolll:

• I know..but is not something that happens often in Brazil..and it is really important for some kids here to have this opportunity. You guys can joke about it, but I value human aspects from people involved in sports, that are not worried only with championships and results and so on...

• I know..but is not something that happens often in Brazil..and it is really important for some kids here to have this opportunity. You guys can joke about it, but I value human aspects from people involved in sports, that are not worried only with championships and results and so on...

I think it's great. It makes the club and the whole society something more than just sports club, a workplace or something like that. I have read several articles in brazilian press about volleyball players helping the kids in the poorest parts of different cities, Rio for example. It gives kids something they can look up to, role models maybe, hope. Not just players or people that give them a business-like attitude and are interested only in titles and making money. I think it's also very important for the players. Unilever seems to me a little bit like Vakifbank. These are the clubs with (yeah, I know it sounds, um, corny) souls, build by people who love sport in general and know that sometimes it can change somebody's life. Just look at these all great brazilian footballers and their stories.

• children dont need sports people to teach them values, if you wan to really teach them values give them access to the world while guiding them :)

• children dont need sports people to teach them values, if you wan to really teach them values give them access to the world while guiding them :)

Yeah, right. Tell that all these children that looked up to Michael Jordan for example and how he became an inspiration for them.

• welll if i want inspiration from basketball then id choose jerry west instead :thumbup:

Have you ever been close to poor people, poor kids, that have no access to a good educational system? Maybe you would think different about the help sports can give if you have.

• welll if i want inspiration from basketball then id choose jerry west instead :thumbup:

And that's YOU! And your choice. How do you know what kids want? How do you know what or who can became their inspiration? Do you know all the kids in the world? Who they want to look up to is their choice. It may be their parents, their teachers, their friends, it may be a clerk, salesman, charlady or whoever. Why not a sportsman or sportswoman? This could be anyone. Sport is about passion, work, love, dedication, emotions, humblness, fight, ambition, trust and many other things. If you say that these things aren't worth teaching the kids through sport (for example), then we have nothing to talk about.

• im not saying that sports cannot teach values to poor people especially the young ones however in order for it (the human values) to last a lifetime family,schools,religious groups,government and other social institutions must not only promote these values but also exemplify it.

by the way im not telling other people who to like it's just that jw is my favorite that's all no harm intended :)

• I wonder why SESI is hiring so many players, at least 3 of them should be somewhere else.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I wonder why SESI is hiring so many players, at least 3 of them should be somewhere else.

kondzio i just saw that you are only 19-20 years old you fooled me because the way you write you are already 30 years old

• kondzio i just saw that you are only 19-20 years old you fooled me because the way you write you are already 30 years old

Really? :lol: there is falsehood in packing :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• SESI presented their roster for 2013/2014 league and their new uniform

It seems that Carol doesn't like to sit on the floor. :lol:

A lot of good players, but Fabiana and Dani Lins aside, only average ones. Sesi spend a lot of money for nothing. When we think that this money comes from taxes... :aww: