Brazilian League 2013/2014

• Amil and Praia officially started the new season this week. The players that are free to work started light practice and medical exams.

For Praia in July present Herrera and Kim Glass.

• Pinheiros also started the new season.

Ananda (setter, Rio do Sul), Samra (OH, Osasco) and Andressa (MB, Amil) were the main players they signed for next season. Ellen (OH is with Nt now) and Andréia Sforzin remained in the group. MB Carol will be their main lost, she probably coming back to Unilever.

http://www.melhordovolei.com.b…-treinos-para-a-temporada

• Mb Natasha and Carol are officially in Unilever.

New shirts-design? I mean they look like the old ones from 2 or 3 seasons back. Or are they just random and have nothing to do with the upcoming season? I kinda loved this season's shirts, especially the white ones 8)

• The Brazilian Cup, that will happen parallel to Superliga,will be the tournament that qualifies two teams for the South American Club Championship.

it seems more interesting ^^

• New shirts-design? I mean they look like the old ones from 2 or 3 seasons back. Or are they just random and have nothing to do with the upcoming season? I kinda loved this season's shirts, especially the white ones 8)

I think is just training shirts. ;) game shirts must have sky on it.

• The calendar for next season will probably be released till next week :obey: (must be a miracle) :lol:

According to lance.net (though they said maybe some dates will be different, cause they are still discussing), the women's league will start later in September, probably in the last week of it. It will stop for the Club's World Championship and for FIVB Grand Champions Cup. The final will be April 27, or close to it.

the Brazilian Cup will start in December and will happen till January 18.

http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/v…ileiro-vai-sair-do-forno/

• i've been wanting to asked you this: is gabriela guimares still studying? and if she is how is she able to balance her studies, the superliga and the juniors team? and not also gabi but young players ( 15-18 years of age) who are playing professionally how does brazil respond to conflicts that arise from these cases.? :drink:

• i've been wanting to asked you this: is gabriela guimares still studying? and if she is how is she able to balance her studies, the superliga and the juniors team? and not also gabi but young players ( 15-18 years of age) who are playing professionally how does brazil respond to conflicts that arise from these cases.? :drink:

That is indeed a good question, unfortunately most athletes in Brazil still give up studies to follow their professional careers. I don't know how is the current situation from Gabi...usually Unilever likes their players to keep the studies, so they have something to keep on after their volleyball careers..but overall is really rare situation. but for sure if Gabi still didnt end school, she is doing some alternative studies that are definetly not the same quality as if she could be present in school. But she is 19 now, so maybe she already ended it. But I dont know about College, If she is interested in following something...she probably wont have time now to do it.

• 1) Superliga 2013/2014 will have another new team: CRB/Maceió. The oficial announcement will happen at 6-7 July. I expect not a high level team because there's only a little number of players on the open market. It's a good news anyway.
    A lot of volleyball fans here in Brazil were worried with the end of some teams. I think now people are happy because we could have more teams than expected. According to my account, we have already 14 teams. Last year we had 10. I only don't know whether all these teams will play Superliga 2013/2014 or whether CBV is planning to create a Superliga B for women too. I think we can have a Superliga with these 14 teams and a Superliga B with teams that play Paulista, Carioca, Mineiro, etc but don't have still level or Money to play the main competition.

2) Leila said that she still needs R$ 3 million (around 1.048.254,66 euros) to complete Brasília's budget.

3) Guys, what do you think about changing Superliga 2012/2013 to Superliga 2013/2014 between the important threads? Superliga 2012/2013 is over. Now the best informations we have will be about next season. :win:

• As far as I know Superliga Série B will start soon.

Last team of 2012-2013 was supposed to play in Série B, but Sao Bernardo announced they will be again in Série A, so I don't know exactly.

Sèrie B was supposed to take Liga Nacional place, while Liga Nacional was relegated as third level of brasilian championship.

• 1) Superliga 2013/2014 will have another new team: CRB/Maceió. The oficial announcement will happen at 6-7 July. I expect not a high level team because there's only a little number of players on the open market. It's a good news anyway.
    A lot of volleyball fans here in Brazil were worried with the end of some teams. I think now people are happy because we could have more teams than expected. According to my account, we have already 14 teams. Last year we had 10. I only don't know whether all these teams will play Superliga 2013/2014 or whether CBV is planning to create a Superliga B for women too. I think we can have a Superliga with these 14 teams and a Superliga B with teams that play Paulista, Carioca, Mineiro, etc but don't have still level or Money to play the main competition.

2) Leila said that she still needs R$ 3 million (around 1.048.254,66 euros) to complete Brasília's budget.

3) Guys, what do you think about changing Superliga 2012/2013 to Superliga 2013/2014 between the important threads? Superliga 2012/2013 is over. Now the best informations we have will be about next season. :win:

I think 14 teams is maybe to much for first league. I think It will overload the calendar and it makes the league weaker overall. I'd like to see a second division of Superliga though...It is about time..and also that CBV respect the rules of league B, cause for now..the one that exists, let be honest is pointless (ok, give chances for teams to play), but it pointless in the way of qualification for first league...in the end only the teams with money participate weather they played Superliga b or not... :thumbdown:

• I think 14 teams is maybe to much for first league. I think It will overload the calendar and it makes the league weaker overall. I'd like to see a second division of Superliga though...It is about time..and also that CBV respect the rules of league B, cause for now..the one that exists, let be honest is pointless (ok, give chances for teams to play), but it pointless in the way of qualification for first league...in the end only the teams with money participate weather they played Superliga b or not... :thumbdown:

With all that still in doubt I guess we have to wait much longer for the calender to come out? Are there any news on that, Joana? You know, I'm impatient))

• With all that still in doubt I guess we have to wait much longer for the calender to come out? Are there any news on that, Joana? You know, I'm impatient))

;)

well, it should have already been there...according to first news given..hehehe but well, you know Brazil pretty well already...so...hehehehe

I guess the arrival of Brasilia and maybe this team in Maceio indeed must have made CBV change everything. Unfortunetly there are no news now...at least not that know of...about the exactly date for the calendar...It is know the league will start in September..but that is pretty much it.. :|

• ;)

well, it should have already been there...according to first news given..hehehe but well, you know Brazil pretty well already...so...hehehehe

I guess the arrival of Brasilia and maybe this team in Maceio indeed must have made CBV change everything. Unfortunetly there are no news now...at least not that know of...about the exactly date for the calendar...It is know the league will start in September..but that is pretty much it.. :|

Thank you, Joana! :flower: At least in September we will know it for sure, I can wait till September))

• finally Fe Isis wouldnt play for Jacarei

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• 1) CBV has changed the date that clubs have to register their teams (30 June to 15 July) which means teams have more time now to find sponsors and complete their budget.

2) According to the last information, Superliga is going to start at 27 September. It isn't official and surely could change, but it's what we have for now.