Brazilian League 2013/2014

• I haven't the pleasure of watching both in their prime. What I heard in interviews is that Fernanda was the best in the 90's, even Fofão says it. I never saw Fofão whining about not having more oportunities. She always says that it was important to her to compete with Fernanda.
    On the other hand, it seems Fofão affects the teams she plays for in a positive way much more than Venturini. Jaqueline was talking about how Fofão was the go-to guy at the Olympics to cool down the hitters at crucial times. Most of players out there never played the Olympics before and Fofão was the one to calm down the team every time. It's only to watch an interview with her teammates to be aware how much Fofão effects kick in. Players feel pretty comfortable when she is the leader in the pitch.
    I guess everyone here is entitled to how important leadership and motivation is in a team sports or whatever a group wants to do. The most successful enterprises in the world invest a lot on Human Resources.
    When it comes to team sports, it's not only how much you play but how much you make your mates play. That's why I'm leaning towards Fofão.

• Venturini to me looks like the one from devil wears prada not really bitchy but you have to be an afvanced player in order to keep up with her sets while fofao is like a big sister that is why rookies, sophomore players are so comfortable around her.

• who is that woman on the second pic from bottom on the 37th page...the pic on which most of the players raised her arms (elbows etc)towards her foreheads ..
    nice woman :rose:

I believe it's Bruna Honório (Sarah Pavan's back up OPP). She played in some 5x1 inversions at the final match. She is really good looking indeed :win:

• I fell things will get slowly better with the end of Ary GRaça era in CBV..hehehe

players are making a campaign to end the ranking as well....because with AMIL closing doors, many players wont have where to play.

I agree the ranking is not the best system...but I do think the league should have some kind of control...otherwise...it will have no balance...so teams already make some crazy investments...and if they can sign anyone free...it will have many good players in bench just for the money and will have more than ever one, two teams only fighting for the title...and I dont think that is good...

but as the ranking is prejudicial to the players ranked...which is not fair...maybe could have a salary ceiling, like in the american leagues...like that...well, each club spent the money as they want...but without anything crazy...so its more fair between teams..

• I think ranking system is one of the most absurd league system in the world. The aim is naive, to obtain the balance. But if it has been the same final in the last 10 years, noone can talk about balance in that league :rolleyes: In practice, it obviously doesn't work, still there is a gap between top 4 teams and remaining

• I think ranking system is one of the most absurd league system in the world. The aim is naive, to obtain the balance. But if it has been the same final in the last 10 years, noone can talk about balance in that league :rolleyes: In practice, it obviously doesn't work, still there is a gap between top 4 teams and remaining

I agree it's not working but I don't think there is a BIG gap because Brazil has many good local players.. We have seen what Praia and Pinheros can do.. So I would say Brazilian league is the most balanced league... but of course there is a gap between teams just it's not as big as for ex. Turkey

• I agree it's not working but I don't think there is a BIG gap because Brazil has many good local players.. We have seen what Praia and Pinheros can do.. So I would say Brazilian league is the most balanced league... but of course there is a gap between teams just it's not as big as for ex. Turkey

I agree with you guys that the ranking system is not good. And it doesnt work because the smaller clubs dont have money to afford some of the 7 ranked players...but still the arrival of some clubs with money makes us have 5 teams in pretty much close level. Maybe if it was not the rank Dani Lins and Fabiana, for example would not be in SESI....so in that terms works..but its not really fair for the players..and if you dont have the teams to pay..like now..that Amil closed doors...than, 7 ranked players have no where to play...or they will have to earn much less then they deserve.

In other side, if we have no control, and teams with money can spent all they want...that is not good also, cause unbalace market. ITs is what happens in Turkey to Europe...and to world market as well, we could say. It spoils the system like someone wrote here. cause most clubs cant follow the salary growth clubs with money do. It has to be a health investment, other wise...it will become a sport of few.

Im always in favor of going and cpying systems that worked already....and the salary ceiling works quite well in US. There is always one or another team stronger and with more money of course...see Miami Heat for example....but still the league is quite balance...and its up to each club to make the investment of the amount of moneyt he way they want..they can pay a lot to have one top player..or they can make a more balance investment...

I dont know if that system would work in volleyball, but I think its worth the try..I think would be better than the ranking system.

• no matter what method used there will be 2-4 teams who will always be title contenders

probably, but I think that is more likely for those to chance between season when you have some kind of control...cause the gap between clubs stop being so big. So maybe this season A and B play final, next A and C, than C and D...and goes on.

Of course this is teory...we cant be sure...but I think it is worthy trying new systems..

• what about C.Bosetti''s level there ? has she regressed or progressed ? what are her weak points to improve ? could she be a star?

She had a very regular season...as did the hole team of Osasco. When the team lost the last matches, she was actually I think imo, one of the best players in the team.

I guess she had a different role in Osasco as she used to have in Italy, when she played most of the times as opp. Here she had more of a reception-defense role, than an attacker...so in the beggining I think she felt a bit to adapt that..but then she got used to and improved her attack.

I think oversall she became a more complete player. But she missed a lot her family..she is only 20, and it was her first experience above..and in a place there is not that easy for your family to go all the time, like would be in a different country in Europe.

She did a good season imo, But she still has a lot of room to grow.

• She had her ups and downs. As a first experience in a foreign league and especially in the hard, Brazilian one, I think she did okay. Better than Sanja for sure.

• 21 points rule don't have Brazilian clubs support
    FIVB sent a request to the teams about the experience they had in Superliga regarding this issue and all teams that answered them, 15 overall, didn't approve it.
    I guess it means an end to the topic. I don't believe Ary Graça will insist on the off chance that it's gonna happen anyway. :read: