Poland - OrlenLiga 2013/2014

• Day 15
    18.01 PGNiG Nafta Piła - Atom Trefl Sopot 18:00
    19.01 BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała - Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna 14:45 - Polsat Sport
    19.01 Beef Master Budowlani Łódź - Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo 18:00
    19.01 Impel Wrocław - Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza 20:00 - Polsat Sport ? (match was listed as broadcasted, but I heard that they may not show it :down: )
    20.01 Pałac Bydgoszcz - KPS Chemik Police 20:30 - Polsat Sport

Overdue match from 12th Day::
    22.01 KPS Chemik Police - Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza 20:30 - Polsat Sport News

Tough days especially for Tauron, they have Impel and Chemik, two matches in four days both matches as visitors :whistle: Chemik also has two matches even in three days, but against Pałac they should use some players from wider roster ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• PGNiG Nafta Piła - Atom Trefl Sopot 0-3 (10-25 24-26 20-25) MVP: Anna Podolec report

No surprise, Podoec with 19 points as definitely best scorer of game so got MVP award. I couldn't get access to stats again :mad: , so maybe I'll add more about match later :whistle:

• Today Results: (Hosts' Day :D )

BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała - Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna 3-2 (19-25 25-18 15-25 25-14 15-9) MVP: Karolina Ciaszkiewicz-Lach stats

Subs by Wilk and Łyszkiewicz (played as OPP, though I would like to watch her as OH :whistle: ) made difference. They proably didn't know who give MVP: Ciaszkiewciz so poor spike numbers, Beier only a bit better :aww: maybe Lis or Wojtowicz should have got it? :call: In Muszyna the best was Jagieło, weak Cvetanovic. Overall weak match, both coaches don't rely on younger and more perspective players at all :mad:

Beef Master Budowlani Łódź - Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo 3-2 (21-25 12-25 25-22 25-20 15-13) MVP: Anita Kwiatkowska report

Thanks to trying Love at start as OH and Nuszel as OPP Budowlani didn't enter well in the game, losing first set and having dramatic collapse in second one. While Kwiatkowska replaced Love and later played as OPP she changed a result in favour of Budowlani. In Legionovia played only trio Tomsia (btw. nice stats by her ^^) - Rakic - Jóźwicka. Saad didn't play so Rybaczewska was libero. And curiosity: Legionovia with 43% spike, Budowlani with 30% :!:

Impel Wrocław - Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza 3-1 (25-13 23-25 26-24 25-15) MVP: Maren Brinker report

Eventually quite good match by Brinker, though it still could be better, Kąkolewska also could be MVP today. Tauron presents so miserably after last season. Only Adams was reliable scorer and gave second set for Tauron, Impel led 23-18, losing 7 points in a row in the end. Zaroślińska and other wing-spikers except Skowrońska played horrible.

About yesterday match: According to stats weak PGNiG except Kuligowska. In Atom Podolec made difference, 15/30 spikes + 1 block + 3 aces

• Today Result:

Pałac Bydgoszcz - KPS Chemik Police 0-3 (19-25 18-25 20-25) MVP: Anna Werblińska report

I didn't watch the game and can't see stats now, so it's hard to say anything. Despite having tough schedule and match with Tauron on Wednesday Chemik played with all starters :what: in Pałac as libero played Korabiec, not Wysocka

This time I won't present standings, I'll do it after Chemik - Tauron ^^

• In Chemik, how often is Ana Bjelica on court ?
    maybe Tauron should transfer her as opp for next season :whistle:

pls send a link to watch Chemik-Tauron....probably 3-0 or 3-1 for Chemik..however id like to watch it though.

• In Chemik, how often is Ana Bjelica on court ?
    maybe Tauron should transfer her as opp for next season :whistle:

pls send a link to watch Chemik-Tauron....probably 3-0 or 3-1 for Chemik..however id like to watch it though.

Bjelica is starting OPP in Chemik and she's playing most time on court instead of Kowalińska.

I'll try to put link for Chemik - Tauron tomorrow ^^

• I watched and there was no time for subs in Chemik, because the game was quite equal till the end of set...it seems Cuccarini doesnt trust Raczynska and Grejman at all and by him Krzos will enter for Glinka as sub, which is good I think, because Raczynska is weak...Palac played very well in defense, Korabiec made some very good defences but in the end when Chemik needed, they made the points...very good game by Karczmarzewska, after 1st set she had 7/8 efficiency if I good remember :)

• I chcecked stats from Pałac- Chemik. In Pałac first two sets Agata Karczmarzewska-Pura played as OPP and then as Oh and she had good performance, also not bad game by Połeć, Kaliszuk average, Dybek decent at reception, rest... :whistle: from Chemik Werblińska good spiking, but reception was poor, good Bjelica and Gajgał, decent Glinka, I don't see really weak point there. Agnieszka Bednarek-Kasza played whole match, it seems that she's 100% ready to play :thumbsup:

I agree with you Ttom that Cuccarini doesn't rely on younger OHs at all :down: to backrow enters second libero - Krzos, when Wiktorowicz was coach Raczyńska got chances, now she's staying in reserve square all time long :whistle: and Grejman has lost season, but she knew that with that roster she would end here, she really rarely is in match 12 :mad:

• Do you know whether or not Glinka will have a part in next year's roster.Chemik will be in CL next season most probably...i wonder if Glinka retires, will they build a strong team for CL, do they have enough money for that ?

• Do you know whether or not Glinka will have a part in next year's roster.Chemik will be in CL next season most probably...i wonder if Glinka retires, will they build a strong team for CL, do they have enough money for that ?

I suppose that it can be last year for Glinka, but she may change her mind if team qualifies to CL, but this year in my opinion she's overused comparing to last season when she played in most important games. Chemik can build quite strong team because of sponsor, however Azoty Group (chemical company producing fertilisers) pays money also for ZAKSA. They can have strong line-up if sponsor doesn't give up.

Just look at names - we have Werblińska, Glinka, Bednarek, Gajgał, Sawicka, Kowalińska - they're among the best Poles, adding Ognjenovic and Bjelica it looks not bad now. And bench builds Mróz, Sobolska, Grejman, Raczyńska, Krzos, Muhlsteinova. Overall it's not bad now, but they should invest in a bit better bench than they have now an if Glinka retitres it will be hard to replace her.

Because of Resovia playing in CL match Chemik - Tauron will be showed on Polsat Sport News. Due to this fact I can't find any livestream for today :down:

• It's more possible than since next season league will be closed and will have 12, not 10 teams. The biggest changes for join to Orlen Liga have KSZO Ostrowiec and Developres Rzeszów.

Activists don't want to change rules during season, so last team from Orlen Liga this season will drop from league and we'll have Play Out between 9th from Orlen Liga and 2nd from 1st League.

If Polish Volleyball Federation appreciates idea of closing and widening league we'll have an additional tournament with team which left league and with semifinalists from 1st league (9th and 10th from OrlenLiga + 3rd and 4th from st League or 10th from Orlen Liga and 2nd, 3rd and 4th from 1st League), two best teams will play in Orlen Liga ^^

• Natalia Bamber-Laskowska is now caring about her family ^^ in "Goldens" match in September she didn't play because of pregnancy, she will give or has already given birth :)

• Glinka doesnt really seem to be fit to me anymore, I think for her is really quite hard to play on this level and I think she will finish her career..but by her nobody knows...maybe it will also depends on the roster for another season, if she will play only CL etc. Im really interested if Maja will stay, because playing also euorpean cups is not so convenient for her ...if Maja stays, theres needed another very good OH for sure (Raczynska and Grejman out) and one MB instead of Gajgal, who can be bench instead of Mroz, which I suppose will leave (or stay for Polish league)

• KPS Chemik Police - Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza 3-1 (25-23 25-19 21-25 25-17) MVP: Agata Sawicka report

In first three sets Tauron started with advantage, but lost it in first two. Then it looked better for Tauron in third, but in last we had collapse again :whistle: Krystyna Strasz this time not bad, Zaroślińska with many scores, but efficiency below 40% also Adams not bad game, but OHs and second MB didn't keep level.

This time Chemik without Bednarek-Kasza and Raczyńska. Poor efficiency by all WS, but Kasia Mróz in the middle made difference: 9/13 spikes + 7 blocks :thumbup:

• Standings: (Atom and Muszyna with 1 match less)
    1. Chemik 39 (13-2) 41-13
    2. Atom 33 (11-3)* 35-13
    3. Impel 33 (11-4) 38-19
    4. Aluprof 24 (9-6) 30-27
    5. Budowlani 22 (8-7) 30-32
    6. Tauron 21 (7-8] 30-31
    7. Muszynianka 18 (6-8]* 27-32
    8. PGNiG 15 (5-10) 21-35
    9. Siódemka 14 (3-12) 23-39
    10. Pałac 3 (1-14) 8-42

We have 3 rounds left, so Pałac will be certainly last and almost certain top 3 in random order are Atom, Chemik and Impel. Rest teams fight for places 4th-9th in order to avoid Play-Outs (except Aluprof, they can't be 9th) and for seeding before Play-Offs

• Day 16:
    25.01 Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - PGNiG Nafta Piła 17:00
    25.01 KPS Chemik Police - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała 18:00
    26.01 Atom Trefl Sopot - Beef Master Budowlani Łódź 17:00
    27.01 Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna - Impel Wrocław 18:00 - Polsat Sport
    27.01 Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo - KS Pałac Bydgoszcz 19:00

Overdue match from 12th Round:
    30.01 Atom Trefl Sopot - Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna 18:00

Hard times for Muszyna: matches will be played at 27th, 30th and later also 1st February (vs. Piła as visitors) :whistle: Atom will have easier path: 26th, 30th and 3rd February (vs. Pałac as visitors).

• Some actions from Chemik - Tauron :) Krysia Strasz finally with good defence :thumbup: Chemik in rotation without libero and point ends with block by Kasia Mróz who played perfectly in that game :D