Poland - OrlenLiga 2013/2014

• According to league stats teams would look this:

BEST
    Setters: Maja Ognjenovic, Frauke Dirickx
    Opposites: Anna Podolec, Berenika Tomsia (they have the best numbers, but Top 8 Opps are so close ^^)
    Outside Hitters: Charlotte Leys, Anna Werblińska, Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Bogumiła Pyziołek
    Middle Blockers: Małgorzata Lis, Katarzyna Mróz, Makare Wilson, Julia Shelukhina
    Liberos: Agata Sawicka, Paulina Maj (Zenik is close, but she's for me 3rd)

WORST
    Setters: Marina Katic, Irina Archangielskaja
    Opposites: Zuzanna Pieczka, Marta Łukaszewska (I won't call Brussa because she's out because of injury)
    Outside Hitters: Noris Cabrera, Natalia Krawulska, Julia Twardowska, Anna Sołodkowicz
    Middle Blockers: Tricia Mayba, Kristen Dozier, Olga Trach, Karolina Szymańska (I'd add others, but some players stay on bench constantly because of coaches...)
    Liberos: Marta Kuehn-Jarek, Krystyna Strasz (Krysia is shadow of herself in last season)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• what about DRix and middles? does she set to middles much ?

Well, it depends on reception as always ^^ overall when Wilson is in front row Frauke sets to her quite often, when in front row is Kąkolewska/Dozier, Frauke prefers wings much more. Kąkolewska at least compensated in with blocks at least, now Dozier is like a widnmill :wavy: But we sometimes have matches, when Frauke forgets about her MBs and they got only few balls throughout whole match :whistle:

• she is one of the best of old setters in europe but as she was playing in Fb she mainly used to set to Gamova and Natali..few to middles.i hadnt like that point of her game at that time.

In Poland she's definitely among best setters in league, moreover she gout used to play here - she played 2 seasons in Tauron and now in Impel, even ranking shows that she's not bad ^^ she's only behind Ognjenovic, maybe someone else could be higher, but it could be backup setter like Lucie Muhlsteinova :teach:

• In Poland she's definitely among best setters in league, moreover she gout used to play here - she played 2 seasons in Tauron and now in Impel, even ranking shows that she's not bad ^^ she's only behind Ognjenovic, maybe someone else could be higher, but it could be backup setter like Lucie Muhlsteinova :teach:

was she Czeh R. nt setter ?

• was she Czeh R. nt setter ?

Muhlsteinova was 1st setter in Chemik, when team was in 1st League, when team signed with Ognjenovic she's only a solid backup :whistle: she was also NT member, but recently Parisi has got rid of her, he prefers Vincourova and Smutna...

• I just saw photos from Chemik's recent match and noticed Bednarek was wearing knee pads. Usually I've seen her play without them.

I'm not sure that's news worthy, but I thought it was interesting.

• poor Özge, no good receiver in the list from her team,Tauron :lol: at least they are not in the worst receivers list :P

You missed Sassa, she's 6th best receiver :D

• I recall an interview with Bednarek where she was asked why she didn't wear knee pads, and her answer was that she didn't need them. But from what I can find, she has been wearing them since her injury comeback with Chemik. It certainly hasn't hurt her performance.

As for how her legs look, maybe that's a topic for a different thread... but there was a reason I noticed the change. :D

• MVP awards in Regular Season:
    5 - Katarzyna Zaroślińska
    4 - Anna Werblińska, Maren Brinker, Anna Podolec
    3 - Karolina Różycka, Charlotte Leys, Natalia Nuszel, Ozge Cemberci
    2 - Katarzyna Mroczkowska, Katarzyna Gajgał-Anioł, Julia Shelukhina, Aleksandra Jagieło, Dorota Wilk, Agata Sawicka, Anita Kwiatkowska, Maja Ognjenovic, Joanna Kaczor, Agata Babicz, Karolina Ciaszkiewicz-Lach, Helena Horka, Bogumiła Pyziołek, Marina Cvetanovic, Zuzanna Efimienko, Agnieszka Bednarek-Kasza
    1 - Mariola Wojtowicz, Heike Beier, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Berenika Tomsia, Katarzyna Mróz, Yana Savochkina, Sylwia Pycia, Faimie Kingsley, Joanna Staniucha-Szczurek, Ana Bjelica, Aleksandra Trojan, Eleonora Dziękiewicz, Izabela Bełcik, Anna Rybaczewska, Brizitka Molnar, Tabitha Love, Katarzyna Konieczna, Frauke Dirickx, Natalia Kurnikowska, Magdalena Wawrzyniak, Magdalena Saad, Magdalena Mazurek, Izabela Kowalińska, Małgorzata Lis, Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Agata Durajczyk, Emilia Kajzer, Aleksandra Wójcik, Justyna Łukasik

Dividing it into positions:
    34 - OH
    23 - OP
    16 - MB
    12 - S (earlier I committed a mistake counting it :whistle: )
    5 - L

• what about her reception indeed?

She keeps reception at quite good level, they bought her for secure passing, but as spiker she is so weak, just look into ranking of worst spikers :D

• so in that meaning Zarolinska and Özge are the best players of the team. :mirror:

In terms of MVP yes, here roster would be:
    S: Özge, Ognjenovic
    OP: Zaroślińska, Podolec
    OH: Brinker, Werblińska, Leys, Różycka
    MB: Gajgał-Anioł, Shelukhina, Efimienko, Bednarek-Kasza
    L: Sawicka, Wojtowicz