Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• Yep, "Sloitjes" played one rally as block sub for "Wolotz" :D :aww: That commentator should really learn how to pronounce foreign players' names...

it's a very difficult to say Dutch names indeed :teach:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Bosetti, Mejners ...
    Yes but it looks Conegliano won yesterday 8o

• Perinelli as libero
    yes as expected

• Guys, I will help you:

-oe- in Sloetjes is pronounced as -oo- in English 'good' :teach:

• Guys, I will help you:

-oe- in Sloetjes is pronounced as -oo- in English 'good' :teach:

I know that :tzz: You have to tell the Sportube commentator :teach: ;)

Rondon is playing soooo well for Modena :obey: I like her much more than Ferretti aka Queen of Boredom :sleeping: Also Heyrman and Fabris with a great match, and Paggi also playing almost like in her best days :super:

• Busto losing the match, after 7 point-run on Paggi's serve...Buijs in back-row..she didn't get a set from Wolosz

:wall: :wall: :wall:

• Congrats Modena :flower: :flower:

Busto gave the match away in 5th set :wall: :wall:

• Gioli 39 points with almost 50% in attack against Forli :white: :white: :white: It seems she really wants to play WCH as OPP in NT...

Keeping shape like that and having such a motivation she may be NT's OPP ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Sorry Matthias but I totally disagree with you, Rondon has significantly improved and has now become a good setter, but you cannot say she's better tham Ferretti. They are two different levels, we saw yesterday night what being a great setter means.The speed and the precision Ferretti and Lloyd give to the ball is something Rondon can only dream of, No matter how many times they set to MBs (which often depends on the coach's instructions). All spikers become stars with Ferretti as setter, from Costagrande to Bosetti. So respect for Rondon, but please let's not confuse great setters(Ferretti) with good ones (Rondon).

As regards Gioli, let's not forget she scored 39 points against a team that had BEZAREVIC as best player... this says it all.

• Sorry Matthias but I totally disagree with you, Rondon has significantly improved and has now become a good setter, but you cannot say she's better tham Ferretti. They are two different levels, we saw yesterday night what being a great setter means.The speed and the precision Ferretti and Lloyd give to the ball is something Rondon can only dream of, No matter how many times they set to MBs (which often depends on the coach's instructions). All spikers become stars with Ferretti as setter, from Costagrande to Bosetti. So respect for Rondon, but please let's not confuse great setters(Ferretti) with good ones (Rondon).

It depends on what you want from a setter. If you just want high quality in the basic skills, precision and speed, then no doubt Ferretti is very good. However I prefer setters who play a creative and varied game, and Ferretti does not do that very often in Piacenza. I enjoyed Rondon's game today much more than Ferretti's yesterday because Rondon made very good decisions and distributed very well, and I think she also has a very good quality in the basic skills now. Of course the tactical aspect is also a matter of coaching so I might enjoy Ferretti more with a different coach, but whenever I watch Piacenza her play makes me sleepy because it's so predictable...

• so many tie breaks this turn!! I'm happy for Bergamo, Urbino: although the low position plays well..Diouf with 28 points, I hope she keeps like this from the phsycal point of view! I like the team as there are quite a lot of options: Weiss or Smutna, Loda or Sylla...let's see what the team will do against Modena next turn, they have to preserve the third position!!

about Gioli: she had 39 points, that's true but she is the only spiker in her team basically. they were playing against Forlì, in and out match to save the season. I don't think she will go to NT as OPP for this...she didn't have that nice season, she was easily blocked or defenced!

about Rondon: she is playing really good so far, I think she deserves a chance in NT this summer, along with Ferretti that should be starter! on the other hand I also agree with Matthias: in the past she used to play with the MBs much more often, she has become a little bit boring...anyway I still think she's the best italian setter!

• 8th ROUND (2nd half)

Imoco Volley Conegliano - Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza 3-2 (25-21, 17-25, 21-25, 25-19, 15-11)
    Fiorin 25, Nikolova 22, Barcellini 17 / Bosetti 34, Meijners 20, Van Hecke 17
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58549

Robur Tiboni Urbino - Foppapdretti Bergamo 2-3 (28-26, 17-25, 25-18, 15-25, 11-15)
    Kostic 13, Negrini 12, Santini 12 / Diouf 28, Folie 15, Sylla 15
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58550

LiuJo Modena - Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio 3-2 (19-25, 28-26, 16-25, 25-21, 15-11)
    Piccinini 19, Fabris 19, Rousseaux 18 / Ortolani 23, Buijs 21, Arrighetti 20
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58551

Ihf Volley Frosinone - Banca Di Forlì 3-2 (25-11, 21-25, 24-26, 25-19, 15-11)
    Gioli 39, Angeloni 10, Frigo 10 / Bezarevic 27, Ventura 12, Lamprinidou 9
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58553

Pomì Casalmaggiore - Openjobmetis Ornavasso 3-0 (25-22, 25-20, 25-12)
    Stevanovic 13, Lipicer Samec 12, Gennari 10 / Logan Tom 12, Chirichella 8, Muresan 6
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58554

Rest: Igor Gorgonzola Novara

STANDINGS
    1. Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza 43
    2. Imoco Volley Conegliano 40
    3. Foppapedretti Bergamo 35
    4. LiuJo Modena 33
    5. Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio 30
    6. Igor Gorgonzola Novara 29
    7. Pomì Casalmaggiore 27
    8. Openjobmetis Ornavasso 17
    9. Robur Tiboni Urbino 15