Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• I think it's better for Joachim to transfer to a 2nd-Bundesliga club...if she really wants to have a professional career, she needs to gain experience.

I think she'd do fine if she could play for example in Hamburg or Köpenick as 1st setter. She is not a bad player, but with Hanke in front of her of course she hardly ever got to play in the last two seasons. But I remember that in the few matches against weak teams when she was allowed to play full time she got some MVP medals too...

• I think she'd do fine if she could play for example in Hamburg or Köpenick as 1st setter. She is not a bad player, but with Hanke in front of her of course she hardly ever got to play in the last two seasons. But I remember that in the few matches against weak teams when she was allowed to play full time she got some MVP medals too...

Ok. I didn;t know that. So, I underrated her :win:

Btw, I'm curious what will happen in Münster...they hardly did transfers..

• Btw, I'm curious what will happen in Münster...they hardly did transfers..

Fans in Münster are quite angry because there hasn't been much news about the team since the end of the season. There was one report saying that last season's team was too expensive, so the club can't afford big names for next season. So far, only several of the young players renewed their contracts. On Münster's website there's a photo of the current team doing running practice and there are 6 players: Ossowski, von Piekartz, Dörendahl, Petrausch, Schwertmann, Bathen. Sina Fuchs will also stay but she's still recovering from a knee surgery and will miss the first half of the season. Louisa Lippmann has a shoulder injury at the moment.
    Right now it looks like several players of the 2nd team might play in first team such as Youth NT setter Irina Kemmsies and MB Wiebke Silge, but nothing official yet...

• Claudia Steger signed for another season with VfB 91 Suhl.
    Karolina Bednarova will be a "Lady in black" for another two years.

• Finally a vital sign from Köpenick: Patricia Grohmann, Pia Riedel and Jessica Göpner will stay in the team for next season. They wanted to keep Rebecca Pavan and Lucie Smutna too, but both players chose to leave (Pavan to Stuttgart is known since the end of the season, no info where Smutna is headed). All other players from last season didn't get new offers.

They'll announce some new players in the next few days/weeks...

• http://www.bergedorfer-zeitung…uf-Lokalpatriotismus.html

An interesting article about Hamburg player Imke Wedekind. I gives as well a little insight about current problems. As Aurubis cutted 30 % of the budget, it is very doubtful, that they can build a squad, who can play for the first places in championship.

• After Saskia Radzuweit, another player goes from Hamburg to Köpenick: 92/93 Junior NT player Julia Hero.
    She played as MB in JNT, but Staelens converted her to OH in Hamburg. However she hardly ever got to play in the two seasons there, so she decided to make a new start in Köpenick and play as MB again. Very good decision, she was one of the better players of the rather weak 92/93 team, so I hope she can get back to her old shape by returning to her original position :thumbup:

• VfB Suhl will play next season under the new name "VolleyStars Thüringen". The reason is the cooperation of the two big clubs from Thüringen VfB Suhl and SWE Erfurt (2nd league), supported by the volleyball federation of Thüringen. Both clubs say that it's difficult to find sponsors in a rather small federal state such as Thüringen, so the two clubs join their forces. The 1st league team will generally play in Suhl, but two home matches will be held in Erfurt.

• VfB Suhl will play next season under the new name "VolleyStars Thüringen". The reason is the cooperation of the two big clubs from Thüringen VfB Suhl and SWE Erfurt (2nd league), supported by the volleyball federation of Thüringen. Both clubs say that it's difficult to find sponsors in a rather small federal state such as Thüringen, so the two clubs join their forces. The 1st league team will generally play in Suhl, but two home matches will be held in Erfurt.

I don't know what I should think about it ;-)

• Finally a vital sign from Köpenick: Patricia Grohmann, Pia Riedel and Jessica Göpner will stay in the team for next season. They wanted to keep Rebecca Pavan and Lucie Smutna too, but both players chose to leave (Pavan to Stuttgart is known since the end of the season, no info where Smutna is headed). All other players from last season didn't get new offers.

They'll announce some new players in the next few days/weeks...

Smutna will be in Foppa next season. ^^ What do you think about her?

• Smutna will be in Foppa next season. ^^ What do you think about her?

Well, I was a little surprised about that transfer...she started last season in Köpenick as 2nd setter, but when the 1st setter left in December she was the only setter for the rest of the season. She did well overall I think, but for example in Czech NT she is only 3rd choice. I guess Foppa signed her as perspective player for the future but right now she's not on the level of Weiss.

• I don't know what I should think about it ;-)

Well, I guess in the long run it will be good both for the clubs and for the league. Suhl has been a good club for many years but last season after their main sponsor withdrew they got problems. I prefer having a combined effort of two clubs that leads to having a good and financially solid first team plus a good work with youth teams rather than having two separate clubs that both have to fight to individually survive. I just hope that the sponsors will see it the same way and there will be none who stop supporting the clubs because of the cooperation.

• Well, I was a little surprised about that transfer...she started last season in Köpenick as 2nd setter, but when the 1st setter left in December she was the only setter for the rest of the season. She did well overall I think, but for example in Czech NT she is only 3rd choice. I guess Foppa signed her as perspective player for the future but right now she's not on the level of Weiss.

Thanks dear, well she definetly coming to complement the roster...the team would stay with Balboni but she prefered to leave to play as starter, which is great of course for her. But its good to have a regular player in bench, in case anything happen...specially being Foppa, the team is not very lucky when injuries are the matter..hehehehehe but hopefully Weiss will be sage all season! fingers crossed!!! :super:

• Well, I guess in the long run it will be good both for the clubs and for the league. Suhl has been a good club for many years but last season after their main sponsor withdrew they got problems. I prefer having a combined effort of two clubs that leads to having a good and financially solid first team plus a good work with youth teams rather than having two separate clubs that both have to fight to individually survive. I just hope that the sponsors will see it the same way and there will be none who stop supporting the clubs because of the cooperation.

Yes thats right. But I don't know how Fans of Erfurt feal. And I don't know what it will mean for the youth. I think the biggest talents of Thüringen (especially Erfurt) have gone to Dresden in the past. But will this change with the new concept? Will fans of Erfurt really be interested in this team that is made in Suhl? Ok, it is good to give two top matches to Erfurt, so maybe it works. But if these matches will have only few visitors they have a big problem. We will see.

• Interesting...I think she might have been better off in Wiesbaden, but well...

"I have gained a positive impression of the club and already feel very comfortable there. The outlook of the club appealed to me and I am looking forward to the new challenge. I'm sure I'll learn a lot in Hamburg and will further develop my athletic skills! In addition, Hamburg is a great city that has much to offer beside sports", Pettke said
    https://www.facebook.com/pages…0938372685515?ref=stream#