Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• German-Polish Opp Veronik Skorupka goes from Köpenick to Wiesbaden.

In Köpenick, young setter Ann-Marie Knauf makes a comeback in the team after one year break from volleyball because of conflicts with the previous coaching staff.

• 20 year old setter Linda Helterhoff (Fighting Kangaroos Chemnitz, german 2nd league south division) to Vilsbiburg

• VolleyStars Thüringen renewed the contract with Christina Speer and signed another American MB, Bianca Rowland who played in Franches-Montagne last season. They are also interested in Canadian MB Marisa Field who played in Sinsheim some years ago.

In Aachen, another sponsor (NetAachen, a phone company) has increased the support :thumbsup: Young libero Julia van den Berghen will be part of the first team next season and the team is close to signing some more new players.

• USC Münster added their Youth NT players Irina Kemmsies (setter) and Wiebke Silge (MB) to their 1st league team for next season. Both are very talented players, I hope they'll develop well...

Louisa Lippmann has a shoulder injury and probably can't play until the end of the year. Sina Fuchs has another knee surgery soon and will also be out a longer time.

• Allianz MTV Stuttgart confirmed Dutch OPP Deborah van Daelen and announced Lindsay Stalzer (USA, OH) and Michela Teixeira (OH/L, BRA, ex-Pila and Lodz) as last new players. Teixeira hasn't signed a contract yet because she hasn't played for a year, but she is living in Stuttgart and working with the team, so if she'll get a good shape, she'll be in the team. French setter Lauriane Truchetet is also official now, so Stuttgart's team is almost complete. I think they'd need another OH/OPP player...

Rosters on 1st page of the topic are updated.

• Allianz MTV Stuttgart confirmed Dutch OPP Deborah van Daelen and announced Lindsay Stalzer (USA, OH) and Michela Teixeira (OH/L, BRA, ex-Pila and Lodz) as last new players. Teixeira hasn't signed a contract yet because she hasn't played for a year, but she is living in Stuttgart and working with the team, so if she'll get a good shape, she'll be in the team. French setter Lauriane Truchetet is also official now, so Stuttgart's team is almost complete. I think they'd need another OH/OPP player...

I'm happy for Lindsay Stalzer :rose: . Nice to see her in German League. I hope she will adapt easily to the higher level :box:. But i'm quite surprised that Stuttgart announced her as an OH. From her time with Sagres NUC i only know her as an OPP. As far as i know, she was originally even an MB (turned in an OPP). Time will tell. Maybe she will be the back-up of van Daelen.

• I'm happy for Lindsay Stalzer :rose: . Nice to see her in German League. I hope she will adapt easily to the higher level :box:. But i'm quite surprised that Stuttgart announced her as an OH. From her time with Sagres NUC i only know her as an OPP. As far as i know, she was originally even an MB (turned in an OPP). Time will tell. Maybe she will be the back-up of van Daelen.

I also remember her as MB from her time in Spain, but Stuttgart definitely seems to want to use her as OH, beside her they only have Svenja Engelhardt and (probably) Michela Teixeira. There is no info yet about Tatjana Zautys...

VC Wiesbaden complete their roster with Japanese MB Yuki Shoji :white: :super: She played in Japan NT some years ago and was a really good player then, I hope she still has that level and will adapt well to the team!

Schwerin confirms Janine Völker as libero, Lisa Thomsen is looking for a new team. She'd like to play abroad but it's difficult for liberos to find a team because of foreign player restrictions, so it's also possible that she stays in Germany (maybe Vilsbiburg?).

• Köpenick signed two American players, OH Ashley Frazier and MB Shannon Hawari. Both come from college teams and will play their first season as professional players.

Hawari is a beast. She's a good blocker, who is really good attacking both on slide and quick in front of the setter.

• New website of the DVL has been launched today. In my opinion it looks really good :thumbup:

Due to the technical conversion of the server however, it may be that at the beginning the old homepage is still displayed. This happens especially when you have accessed the website recently and the IP address is stored in the cache. Usually, an access should be possible after a few hours. You do not have to make any changes on your browser.

• SC Potsdam confirmed most of their team from last season. Only Kyla Richey, Giorgia Atti, Caterina Fanzini (back to Italy) and Anika Zülow (retired) leave. They'll announce two new OHs soon.

Köpenick has signed a young setter that has recently been on (internet) TV often, so I assume it means that she played in EL -> matches on Laola. I think it should be one of Yasmin Biebauw (BEL), Julia Milovits (HUN) or Sabina Miclea (ROM).

• New website of the DVL has been launched today. In my opinion it looks really good :thumbup:

Due to the technical conversion of the server however, it may be that at the beginning the old homepage is still displayed. This happens especially when you have accessed the website recently and the IP address is stored in the cache. Usually, an access should be possible after a few hours. You do not have to make any changes on your browser.

Hopfully they get it, to offer real stats also for the 2nd Bundesliga, not only a PDF with Players, who were playing

What happened last season, with stats, was horrible

• Hopfully they get it, to offer real stats also for the 2nd Bundesliga, not only a PDF with Players, who were playing

What happened last season, with stats, was horrible

To get stats, every team would need to have a scout who can handle DataVolley, and that isn't realistic in 2nd league.

• SC Potsdam confirmed most of their team from last season. Only Kyla Richey, Giorgia Atti, Caterina Fanzini (back to Italy) and Anika Zülow (retired) leave. They'll announce two new OHs soon.

Köpenick has signed a young setter that has recently been on (internet) TV often, so I assume it means that she played in EL -> matches on Laola. I think it should be one of Yasmin Biebauw (BEL), Julia Milovits (HUN) or Sabina Miclea (ROM).

Milovits is staying in Crvena Zvezda

• Hamburg signed Izabela Sliwa, daughter of Polish setter legend Magdalena Sliwa, as libero.
    Von Soosten's words about her in the press release already make me sick: Jasova's footsteps are very big, so let's give Sliwa time, even if it doesn't go well, maybe she'll show good performances earlier than we expect.
    In other words: she sucks, but maybe she can improve a little over the season :roll:

What a way to present a new player :thumbdown:

• Iza played awesome season in Trefl Sopot in season 09/10 in A2, when team played for advance to A1. She was very stable and had great digs (her reception wasn't bad, but her digs made big wow). Then she didn't play too much and i think this destroyed her and her self-confidence on the court. I hope that maybe in Germany she will improve, because she was very talented, but now she is a bit lost.