Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• In my opinion professional players should first concentrate on finishing their current season with the club and then talk to other clubs if they want to leave or the club doesn't want to keep them. Otherwise it can happen that they don't feel fully committed to their team anymore in the end of the season and that is very bad.

Generally, I agree. I have to say though that it works both ways. Management also have to be sensitive to players and not mess with their players' heads and atleast time contract discussions correctly or at least discreetly.

About the 'motivation' factor... I would be surprised if Vakifbank players do not have a clause in their contracts that gives sizable bonuses for post season success. In my experience, it is not unusual for top players to have that as a standard clause in their contracts. You would think that would go a long way towards ensuring players stay 'motivated' in the current season :huh:

• Players should disregard transfer rumors and should only think about it after the season end, mangement can mess with a player's head all they want but they are not responsible for what the reactions would be

• Players should disregard transfer rumors and should only think about it after the season end, mangement can mess with a player's head all they want but they are not responsible for what the reactions would be

I think this season it was a bit more difficult because some Vakifbank players named to to transferred to EcZ and some to GsD which had only 1 spot for CL. And the last game was crucial. As professionals, I expect them to play in their best shape but I would not like my team to play in CEV next season because of me :lol:

• Sorry to be so late... Alisha Glass is injured, out, gone ?

Glass can't play because of foreigners limit in match roster, on court are Havlickova, Kim and Bauer so there's no place for Glass today :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Fb wasnt mentally on the court.yes Garay is a very important player but you can play better than this without her too.
    Kim played her worst game in turkish league so far.Bauer was disappointing as well.Setter Elif was good at least ok, imo.hope its not serious.
    on VB's side Brako was best player.Gözde and Costa played well.only Fürst was less good.

• be objective pls,Seda was ok.The worst one Kim and Bauer.Elif was good untill she injuried.

I wrote this during second set. I don't think Elif was good anyhow. Seda got better later but she made a big gap in defense and reception. Kim and Bauer were not in their best day for sure.
    Havlickova was there to get blocked. Next time, I would use Glass and replace Bauer since Gökcen is not really that bad.

• I wrote this during second set. I don't think Elif was good anyhow. Seda got better later but she made a big gap in defense and reception. Kim and Bauer were not in their best day for sure.
    Havlickova was there to get blocked. Next time, I would use Glass and replace Bauer since Gökcen is not really that bad.

agree Seda's defence wasnt good but reception was ok.Bauer and Kim's performance were worse than not being in their best day...im insisting that Elif was ok though she had an injury as playing that caused her leave the game later.

• agree Seda's defence wasnt good but reception was ok.Bauer and Kim's performance were worse than being in their best days...

I agree on that. But to me, if Fenerbahce does not find a solution to their reception problem, they won't be able to win anything. During the game, Havlickova tried to receive and cover Seda in one position :lol: and it was an ace. Reception was that bad. Oh and Vakifbank made mistakes and their serves were not good today. I only liked Brakocevic in their side and Gizem Örge's defense. Especially Furst looked like the season is already over for her.