Puerto Rico - LVSF 2014

• Just 8 teams play this season. Pinkin de Corozal and Vaqueras de Bayamon left the league due to money troubles, but they may come back in the future.

All the infos about last season are here: LVSF 2013

2014 rosters:
    -Criollas de Caguas
    -Gigantes de Carolina
    -Indias de Mayagüez
    -Lancheras de Cataño
    -Leonas de Ponce
    -Mets de Guaynabo
    -Orientales de Humacao
    -Valencianas de Juncos

• Foreign players in the league.

Criollas de Caguas:
    -Falyn Fonoimoana (USA, OH)
    -

Gigantes de Carolina:
    -Stephanie Niemer (USA, OH)
    -Lauren Wicinski (USA, OH)

Indias de Mayaguez:
    -Shonda Cole (USA, OPP)
    -Diane Copenaghen (USA, OH, medical joke for Cole)

Lancheras de Catano:
    -Taylor Brauneis (USA, S)
    -Stephanie Holthus (USA, OH)
    -Oneida Gonzalez (VEN, OPP) *she will play as a local player

Leonas de Ponce:
    -Airial Salvo (USA, OH)
    -Katherine Harms (USA, OPP)

Mets de Guaynabo:
    -Lauren Cook (USA, S)
    -Meagan Ganzer (USA, OPP)
    -Dulce Maria Tellez (CUB, MB) *she will play as local player

Orentales de Humacao:
    -Jekaterina Stepanova (LAT, OPP)
    -Kim Willoughby (USA, OH)
    -Yasary Castrodad (CUB, MB) *she will play as local player
    -Graciela Marquez (VEN, OH/L) *she will play as local player

Valencianas de Juncos:
    -Hannah Werth (USA, OH)
    -Heather Meyers (USA, OPP)
    -Karla Echenique (DOM, S) *she will play as local player

2 foreigners for team.

• Stephanie Niemer (OH) in Carolina

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• These American Players were on top in NCAA or?

Fonoimoana played here already, she was outstanding. Cook the same. Werth was there too, but she injured at the beginning of the season; in NCAA she was a top player. Niemer had a so so season, Indias the Mayaguez realised her, the she played for Orientale de Humacao.

Robinson, Wittman, Holthus and Stepanova just finished their NCAA careers 20/10 days ago. Robinson was the leader for University of Nebraska, she had 640 points! Wittman was one of the key players for University of Minnesota, she was good too with 514 points. They were both All-American First Team. Holthus is the all time best scorer for Northwestern University, she had 503 points in the last season, but she is also a strong receiver. Stepanova I don't know really well, she played her last season in NCAA in 2011, when she was Most Outstanding Player of the Minneapolis Regional.

I'm sure Robinson, Cook, Fonoimoana and probably Wittman and Holthus are too good for this league. They could be already playing in european teams.

• About Kelsey Robinson:
    Her coach at Nebraska often compares her to former Nebraska player Jordan Larson. He's said Robinson hits as hard as Larson, and is the best back row hitter he's coached, ahead of Larson and Sarah Pavan.

And there's this:

Kelsey is a rare breed in volleyball these days. She is a six-rotation player we call her. She can do all the skills well. In basketball that’s Michael Jordan, you know, he could do everything. Magic Johnson…those are guys I followed in basketball. Volleyball’s become such a specialized sport, you know we hear about these girls that only play front row and get all these kills, but Kelsey does it all, and those are the kind of kids we really like to embrace in this program.

http://hailvarsity.com/2013/10/what-a-weekend/

• Airial Salvo: USA, OH, Inactivity -> Leonas de Ponce
    Taylor Brauneis: USA, S, University of Florida -> Lancheras de Catano
    Lauren Wicinski: USA, OH, Michigan State University -> Gigantes de Carolina
    Lisa Henning: USA, OH, University of Missouri -> Orientales de Humacao

• When does the league starts? I see that rosters are still not completed :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In the end of january. There was a draft, but some of the players involved may not play (for example Daly Santana was in the draft, but she is with University of Minnesota still).

When rosters will be avaiable I'll put here.

• Thanks for rosters :flower: I see that Oneida Gonzalez (Venezuela) and Dulce Tellez (Cuba) are listed as local players ^^ Looking at names, Criollas Caguas looks the strongest, but they have so limited roster :what: why they signed with only 10 players? Even in spite of that fact, they are almost like a Puerto Rican NT :thumbsup: we have Mojica, Enright, Reyes, Quesada, Oquendo, Venegas, Collazo - they are/were in NT in last few years. Adding Fonimoana it looks so strong :D rest 2 players are for me unknown.

I wanted to post possible lineups here, but I see that games had already started :whistle: 12 matches are already ended.

• Day 1: (25-26.01)
    Carolina - Mayaguez 3-1 (22-25 25-19 25-15 25-17) Sts
    Gigantes: Niemer 24, Wicinski 17, Velez 12; Indias: Alvarez 16, Henning 16, Candelario 8, Cartagena played as OH, though you listed her as L Raven, EDIT: I noticed that in next games Cartagena was back as Libero ^^)

Guaynabo - Ponce 1-3 (22-25 25-23 20-25 24-26) Sts
    Mets: Tellez 15, Matos 15, Rodriguez 13; Leonas: Salvo 30, Harms 24, Hernandez 17

Juncos - Catano 0-3 (21-25 20-25 22-25) Sts
    Valencianas: S.Ocasio 14, Meyers 11, Werth 11; Lancheras: Cintron 14, Ruiz 11, Holtus 10

Caguas - Humacao 3-1 (25-17 25-16 20-25 30-28] Sts
    Criollas: Enright 17, Fonoimoana 17, Collazo 16; Orientales: Willoughby 21, Ferrer 15, Del Valle 9

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Day 2: (30-31.01)
    Ponce - Humacao 3-2 (25-27 25-12 18-25 25-22 15-6) Sts
    Leonas: Harms 23, Salvo 20, Hernandez 20; Orientales: Willoughby 25, Ferrer 19, Del Valle 8

Carolina - Caguas 0-3 (18-25 20-25 16-25) Sts
    Carolina: Niemer 11, Velez 9, Wicinski 7; Criollas: Enright 16, Fonoimoana 12, Oquendo 12

Mayaguez - Juncos 3-1 (25-16 18-25 25-21 25-22) Sts
    Indias: Alvarez 15, Copenhagen 13, Henning 11; Valencianas: Werth 22, Meyers 14, Fernandez 7

Guaynabo - Catano 3-2 (25-23 25-21 22-25 22-25 15-13) Sts
    Mets: Rodriguez 21, Tellez 18, Ganzer 15; Lancheras: Holthus 18, Cintron 16, Ruiz 14

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Day 3:
    Humacao - Carolina 1-3 (21-25 25-13 19-25 16-25) Sts
    Orientales: Willoguhby 17, Castrodad 15, Stepanova 12; Gigantes: Wicinski 19, Niemer 16, Velez 11

Caguas - Ponce 1-3 (25-21 18-25 17-25 24-26) Sts
    Criollas: Enright 23, Fonoimoana 14, Collazo 13; Leonas: Harms 27, Salvo 20, Hernandez 13

Catano - Mayaguez 1-3 (23-25 25-14 19-25 19-25) Sts
    Lancheras: Holthus 15, Ruiz 12, Gonzalez 11; indias: Copenhagen 18, Alvarez 14, Henning 10 - Mayaguez is listing Yarimar Rosa in his roster :what:

Juncos - Guaynabo 3-1 (25-15 25-22 12-25 25-23) Sts
    Valencianas: Werth 17, Meyers 12, Guzman 12; Ganzer 19, Tellez 13, Mojica 9

• Standings: Detailed
    1. Ponce 8 (3-0) 9-4
    2. Caguas 6 (2-1) 7-4
    3. Mayaguez 6 (2-1) 7-5
    4. Carolina 6 (2-1) 6-5
    5. Catano 4 (1-2) 6-6
    6. Juncos 3 (1-2) 4-7
    7. Guaynabo 2 (1-2) 5-8
    8. Humacao 1 (0-3) 4-9

Upcoming Rounds:
    4th - 6-7.02
    5th - 8-9.02
    6th - 13-14.02
    7th - 15-16.02

Till the end of February we will have 7 Rounds of games.

League's website

• kondzio

Pamela Cartagena is a libero.

Yarimar Rosa is listed because she will join the team when her season in Italy will be over. She belongs to Indias de Mayaguez still, like Karina Ocasio-Malpica belongs to Criollas de Caguas even if she plays for IBK Altos in South Korea.

Shannon Torregrosa-Wingate and Tatian Encarnacion may join Lancheras de Catano during the season.

• Pamela Cartagena is a libero.
    Shannon Torregrosa-Wingate and Tatian Encarnacion may join Lancheras de Catano during the season.

Ok, but Cartagena can play also as OH, so she's universal ^^ I remember that in previous WCH in Japan she was as "false libero" - defender for backrow.

I thought where are Torregrosa and Encarnacion, are they injured or what, what is reason for their absence now? With them Catano can be stronger, now they have Ruiz - Holthus - O. Gonzalez on wings an Cintron - Marrero in the middle.

• Ok, but Cartagena can play also as OH, so she's universal ^^ I remember that in previous WCH in Japan she was as "false libero" - defender for backrow.

I thought where are Torregrosa and Encarnacion, are they injured or what, what is reason for their absence now? With them Catano can be stronger, now they have Ruiz - Holthus - O. Gonzalez on wings an Cintron - Marrero in the middle.

Torregrosa is working in the USA, so she can't take part in the first half of this season, maybe she will be avaiable for the second one. All I know about Encarnacion is that she may join the team later during the season, becuase she has a special permission. They are listed both as "reservas".