Poland - OrlenLiga 2014/2015

• Qualification tournament for Orlen Liga:
    15.05 KS Pałac Bydgoszcz - Developres Rzeszów 3-2 (25-21 23-25 25-20 25-27 15-9)

Match was meaningless, both teams have been already in Orlen Liga ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Many new transfer news has appeared recently, all is updated, if you know something more, write it here or send PM ^^

• guys, what is the foreigner limit in Poland again? I forgot it..hehe like in Italy?

3 foreigners on court simultaneously :D

• Thank you! :flower:

who do you think will stay in bench in Chemik?

Hard question, I'd probably take Malagurski on bench :whistle: maybe she with Veljkovic will be on bench in rotation...

• is Glinka going to play in league? I think only important matches...so Malagurski will probably play with ABW/Jagielo as offensive OH...if they sign another Opp maybe Kowalinska will play OH in some matches, too..she showed this weekend she can receive on decent level...I hope there will be 2 rosters this season: one stronger for CL and important matches in league : Maja, Stefana, Bednarek, ABW, Glinka, Bjelica or some new Opp, Zenik/Sawicka and second 6 for matches in OL: Rabka (if she will be second setter), Mroz, Gajgal, Kowalinska, Jagielo, Malagurski, libero

• kondzio

How is the current level of following players?
    Julia TWARDOWSKA , Ewelina JANICKA, Paulina GLAZ, Patrycja FLAKUS, Aleksandra Wojcik, Martyna GRAJBER,Iga CHOJNACKA, Natalia GAJEWSKA, Ewelina TOBIASZ, Anna KORABIEC, Natalia STROZIK and Karolina Szymanska.

Also what was the reason for absence of Kakolewska in youth NT in 2011 :teach:

• kondzio

How is the current level of following players?
    Julia TWARDOWSKA , Ewelina JANICKA, Paulina GLAZ, Patrycja FLAKUS, Aleksandra Wojcik, Martyna GRAJBER,Iga CHOJNACKA, Natalia GAJEWSKA, Ewelina TOBIASZ, Anna KORABIEC, Natalia STROZIK and Karolina Szymanska.

Also what was the reason for absence of Kakolewska in youth NT in 2011 :teach:

I have no idea why Kąkolewska wasn't there, maybe injury ?(

we have here:
    S: Gajewska, Tobiasz
    OH: Wójcik, Chojnacka (also OP, MB), Strózik, Twardowska, Grajber, Flakus (also OP), Głaz (also OP)
    MB: Szymańska, Janicka
    L: Korabiec

The biggest potential for me have Wójcik and Korabiec. Next ones are Strózik, Chojnacka, Szymańska and Twardowska. Rest didn't get too many chances to play and to improve, maybe instead of Flakus and Tobiasz, but I didn't follow both in last seasons.

Aleksandra Wojcik has already made her debut in NT and she's quite solid receiver. Anna Korabiec is next talented Libero, but she may have difficulties in playing in NT because we have too many good Liberos in NT.
    Iga Chojnacka played in Scandicci in A2 in Italy, but she still has to improve, especially her reception skills, she played earlier as MB and OP.
    Julia Twardowska and Karolina Szymańska also played quite often, but there are many better players on their positions, but both got a chance and found places in wide roster of NT ^^
    Natalia Strózik had good start in Aluprof, but because of coach she didn't play so often. Also Martyna Grajber played only a little and it's hard to assess her.
    Natalia Gajewska didn't play as Setter in this season at all, in club she appeared only for serve, overall she's wasting time in Atom, so she'll play probably in Legionovia.
    I don't know what to say about Ewelina Tobiasz, she's young and quite perspective as Gajewska, but Gajewska seems to be better.
    Ewelina Janicka unfrtunately got injured and sghe almost didn't play in this season, while Paulina Głaz disappointed and she parts ways with Pałac.
    I don't know Patrycja Flakus, she'll join Aluprof in next season ^^

• Thanks for detailed answer :drink:

I have watched this Polish team when they were playing in youth NT, which they reached 4th place in WCh in 2011. At that time, both setters and Opp players were mediocre whereas I was impressed by MBs Janicka and Chojnacka. It was obvious that Chojnacka was too short for international level, however she was doing very well in youth level by her technique and jumping skills. I hope she can somehow adjust her skills to OH position and can play in senior level. We have similar case with Aslı Kalaç who has same height with Chojnacka (183 cm). Aslı is also very good server and attacker, yet, it is impossible to play at high level with that height as MB :S I was also expecting Janicka to become a very good player but apparentlythe injury has affected her :thumbdown:

• Thanks for detailed answer :drink:

I have watched this Polish team when they were playing in youth NT, which they reached 4th place in WCh in 2011. At that time, both setters and Opp players were mediocre whereas I was impressed by MBs Janicka and Chojnacka. It was obvious that Chojnacka was too short for international level, however she was doing very well in youth level by her technique and jumping skills. I hope she can somehow adjust her skills to OH position and can play in senior level. We have similar case with Aslı Kalaç who has same height with Chojnacka (183 cm). Aslı is also very good server and attacker, yet, it is impossible to play at high level with that height as MB :S I was also expecting Janicka to become a very good player but apparentlythe injury has affected her :thumbdown:

Yeah, Janicka could've played more deffinitely, but because of injury she couldn't. Now her future is unknown, we don't know if she stays in Pałac or not. About Chojnacka - she wouldn't find a place in Polish NT as MB, we have too wide variety here. I think that she made a good decision converting to OH, however she still needs improving, especially in terms of reception. On the other hand reception is a problem for many players :whistle:

• Impel Wroclaw haven't made any convincing transfer yet apart from Hanke. How much budgets do they have? It's kinda disappointing that they haven't been so active in the transfer market. IMO, Kwiatkowska is a fine player but is too weak for CL, especially when she comes out as starter. Decent OPPs that are without club now are Flier, Kozuch, Sanja Popovic, Fawcett and who else? Flier is rumored to go to Chemik Police and Kozuch probably to Brazil? I hope Impel try to transfer Popovic. She's obviously not such a monster attacker, but a decent player who can play well team-plays. Particularly with a setter like Hanke, I think Sanja will play better. Her decision going to Moscow and staying at bench was such an awful idea. She basically wasted a year up there. Plus they don't have any good MBs now. Only Kakolewska is a decent player and Martalek is not so healthy, so they should get another strong MBs. Ivana Milos, Heather Bown (Does she even get old? Lol), Lauren Gibbemeyer, Corina Ssuschke just crossed my mind. For OHs, I have no idea. Piziolek is a good passer but who else could play as offensive one?

Chemik Police seem to be the strongest team so far...and they will probably have great opportunities to face against strong opponents in CL.

Ognjenovic-Bjelica or Flier(?)
    Bednarek-Veljkovic
    Werblinska-Glinka or Malagurski
    Zenik

Reception will be a bit shaky if Werblinska has a bad day or suffers with her injuries. But, everything except that seems fine. Not very hard to win the Polish domestic league for sure.

Atom's case is a bit different, because we don't know yet if they will be playing in CL. Most likely yes though... There have been some rumors Atom buying new players like Jerkov and some others, not sure if they will ever for Atom.

• Impel is so silent right now :whistle: they can only one foreigner right now, if she really joins team - Denise Hanke. Maybe also Agata Sawicka will play there because Medyńska left.

Gryka is counted as a Pole. They should look for foreign OP, OH and maybe MB too.

For OP Popovic or Flier could be a good option, I heard that Fawcett will be probably in Hi-Pass Zenith Seongnam again.

Who's free for OH spots? They have Mroczkowska and Pyziołek there - two club's icons, it's unknown if Sieczka stays, but she's so weak, much worse than Kaczorowska nowadays...

Milos, Gibbemeyer or Ssuchke of course can be good solutions for 3rd MB here :)

Team's management talked about bigger budget, but I don't know what think about it right now ?(

• Atom Trefl Sopot held a press conference today at Ergo Arena and they announced that their squad for 2014/15 season.

Setters: Izabela Bełcik, Anna Kaczmar
    Middle Blockers: Zuzanna Efimienko, Justyna Łukasik, Maja Tokarska
    Outside Hitters: Charlotte Leys, Klaudia Kaczorowska, Deja McClendon, Jana Matiasovska
    Opposites: Katarzyna Zaroślińska, Anna Podolec
    Liberos: Agata Durajczyk, Magdalena Kuziak

It's sad to say but there roster seem pretty weak this season to win the Orlenliga title

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Well, better would be sign foreign MB than Matiaskova-Aghayeva, instead of her I'd like to see youngster like Magdalena Damaske :whistle: another OH like Usic, Jerkov or Petrauskaite also would be better. With that roster it'll be even harder for Atom to beat Chemik.
    Maybe Impel will surprise us :roll:

• so, Matiasovska is originally MB :rolll: sorry, but the transfers are just jokes probably

• Well, better would be sign foreign MB than Matiaskova-Aghayeva, instead of her I'd like to see youngster like Magdalena Damaske :whistle: another OH like Usic, Jerkov or Petrauskaite also would be better. With that roster it'll be even harder for Atom to beat Chemik.
    Maybe Impel will surprise us :roll:

They don't need better MB, because Efimienko, Tokarska and Łukasik are a good Polish trio. They should try with foreign setter. Bełcik is horrible, Kaczmar as well as her back-up. Matiasovska should play as OPP, because her reception... Durajczyk isn't enough good to hold her zone on the reception. Matiasovska is going to be on the bench (back-up of McClendon) or to play on OPP. It looks that Atom isn't going to play for the final this season ;)

• 'Great' transfers. Thanks Jakub Dolata, thanks!

Earlier we have other "hits" like Brussa or Katic :lol: Dolata is just too lazy, Mogentale probably also :whistle:

• 'Great' transfers. Thanks Jakub Dolata, thanks!

Why don't you ask the club why did they decide to hire those players? I don't get it why supporters keep complaining about the managers. Is Top Volley Srl the only agency all over the world? I guess not. Did the agency force Atom to hire new players?

And no, I ain't related to any of above. Have a good night!