Russia - Суперлига 2014/15

• So Santos is there as an OH. Interesting.. Can you tell me if this is a competitive team? I don't follow Russian league much, except when top 4 teams are playing and the finals. Thanks a lot :drink:

• Dinamo Mscow should try to get Pasynkova or Sherban as loan form KRasnodar, since they have to many oh....the team could use some of them a lot.

Yeah their current roster is ridiculously weak. Obmochaeva is in a very bad shape, although she's going to be in a better shape on time. Marcheno-Fateeva(Markova) duo is weak as well, despite Pasynkova and Scherban playing so bad right now in WGP, they should be useful players in Moscow.

• So Santos is there as an OH. Interesting.. Can you tell me if this is a competitive team? I don't follow Russian league much, except when top 4 teams are playing and the finals. Thanks a lot :drink:

The level of Russian league will be dropping a little this season. I think Kazan, Omsk, Krasnodar will dispute medals. Moscow can join them only if Goncharova will return to her level of 3 years ago. Zarechie and Uralochka are likely to be 5-6. New team Voronezh is undoubtably the weakest one. So Leningradka with Avtodor Chelyabinsk and Proton I think will fight for places 7-9 with equal chances.

• The level of Russian league will be dropping a little this season. I think Kazan, Omsk, Krasnodar will dispute medals. Moscow can join them only if Goncharova will return to her level of 3 years ago. Zarechie and Uralochka are likely to be 5-6. New team Voronezh is undoubtably the weakest one. So Leningradka with Avtodor Chelyabinsk and Proton I think will fight for places 7-9 with equal chances.

Thanks for the info. So her choice was not good. I think she could've at least chosen a club which played in CL.. Maybe somewhere in Azerbaijan

• Thanks for the info. So her choice was not good. I think she could've at least chosen a club which played in CL.. Maybe somewhere in Azerbaijan

Yes, I agree, although I'm glad to see her in Russia)
    About players not in CL - Kosheleva in her recent form is real loss for CL. Also Garay, Calderon. It's a pity that Krasnodar doesnt' play in CL. They surely would be more interesting than Moscow.

• Yes, I agree, although I'm glad to see her in Russia)
    About players not in CL - Kosheleva in her recent form is real loss for CL. Also Garay, Calderon. It's a pity that Krasnodar doesnt' play in CL. They surely would be more interesting than Moscow.

Well yes of course, but nobody expected to see Moskow with such roster. I mean I don't get them, how can they renew with Marchenko? What are they seeing in her.. Maybe she was a great player back when she played in Cannes, but is neither a good receiver nor a great attacker, she has nothing to bring to this team. And they are not hiring a second foreigner. They NEED an OH, now even more after Kosheleva left. They only bright spots are Malova and Pankova who are really good transfers for them

• Well yes of course, but nobody expected to see Moskow with such roster. I mean I don't get them, how can they renew with Marchenko? What are they seeing in her.. Maybe she was a great player back when she played in Cannes, but is neither a good receiver nor a great attacker, she has nothing to bring to this team. And they are not hiring a second foreigner. They NEED an OH, now even more after Kosheleva left. They only bright spots are Malova and Pankova who are really good transfers for them

Yes, Marchenko is being seriously overrated in Moscow. The whole situation with kosheleva sounds like Dinamo is suddenly out of money. I think they probably planned to sign another foreign OH, but plans have changed now. This Dinamo roster is very average, the weakest team for many years.

• Someone should clean these rosters up :whistle: it would be better creating each roster in each post like in other threads...

I think that Fetisova stays in Zarechie ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• and Fetisova is staying in Zarechie?

Zarechie's roster:
    S: Efimova O., Serebryannikova V.
    Opp: Malykh N.
    OH: Bavykina A., Voronkova I., Dibrova M., Ivanova O., Bogomolova M., Vasilieva X.
    MB: Merkulova Y., Fetisova I., Shkurikhina E., Efimova E., Samokhvalova A.
    L: Galeeva A., Romanenko E.

• You are the best. ;)

• You are the best. ;)

:cheesy: :rose: )))
    Talking about Zarechie - I'm especially interested to see how Voronkova will do there. Several times last season I saw her play and she's becoming a very powerful attacker. Reception I guess definitely needs a lot of work, but she's just 18 and there's hope.
    Such a shame they don't make livestreams from Odintsovo I would like to see more of Zarechie's games.
    When I went to Brno last june for junior WCh I was pessimistic about the chances of girls playing for Russian Nt there to get to the high level. But now I see that there's a good chance I was wrong. Xenia Ilchenko showed real promise when she played for Uralochka in Russian cup finals. I can't wait to see her in the main team. Voronkova improoved this season. Fetisova though she doesn't have confidence for attacking in senior Nt, but she's good in blocking and had a very bright end of season in Zarechie. Novik also improoves little by little, it helps that she has a lot of playing time in Proton. So gotta watch out for young talents in new season.

• Semisonic,

I totally agree about Voronkova. Btw, I believe that, when she matures, she'll be the REAL Kosheleva backup, and not Bavykina.

Still talking about Zarechie, could you please tell me how were Isaeva's performances as a receiving OH? I didn't have the chance to see her playing back then, but looking at the stats of the 2011 and 2012 seasons, Isaeva had quite decent figures in reception. Who knows if, in a near future, she can be another option as OH in the NT?

About Ilchenko, she seems to be a very technical player. My only concern is about her physical capabilities. She looks so skinny...

• Semisonic,
    I totally agree about Voronkova. Btw, I believe that, when she matures, she'll be the REAL Kosheleva backup, and not Bavykina.
    Still talking about Zarechie, could you please tell me how were Isaeva's performances as a receiving OH? I didn't have the chance to see her playing back then, but looking at the stats of the 2011 and 2012 seasons, Isaeva had quite decent figures in reception. Who knows if, in a near future, she can be another option as OH in the NT?
    About Ilchenko, she seems to be a very technical player. My only concern is about her physical capabilities. She looks so skinny...

About Dasha Isaeva - I don't know the stats, but every game I saw her receiving it was shaky and I wouldn't really believe that she will be good OH. She's much more about attacking power than overall game.
    I agree on Ilchenko, that's exactly why I was doubtful about her. But many Russian players are too skinny, maybe because of that they are prone to injuries - not enough gym work. But she has a good technic and she's 19, so there's time still to improve muscle form. Although I remember Karpol saying that he doesn't allow his girls to train with weights because they'll have troubles giving birth after that. And that's an idea from 16th century :whistle: So we'll see.

• :cheesy: :rose: )))
    Talking about Zarechie - I'm especially interested to see how Voronkova will do there. Several times last season I saw her play and she's becoming a very powerful attacker. Reception I guess definitely needs a lot of work, but she's just 18 and there's hope.
    Such a shame they don't make livestreams from Odintsovo I would like to see more of Zarechie's games.
    When I went to Brno last june for junior WCh I was pessimistic about the chances of girls playing for Russian Nt there to get to the high level. But now I see that there's a good chance I was wrong. Xenia Ilchenko showed real promise when she played for Uralochka in Russian cup finals. I can't wait to see her in the main team. Voronkova improoved this season. Fetisova though she doesn't have confidence for attacking in senior Nt, but she's good in blocking and had a very bright end of season in Zarechie. Novik also improoves little by little, it helps that she has a lot of playing time in Proton. So gotta watch out for young talents in new season.

I also agree about Voronkova.

Im quite excited to see how Russia players will develop, I really like this new generation of players Russia has...they have a more modern volleyball still keeping the strong physical game from Russia...they can show some very interesting volleyball in future I think. I really liked Fetisova, I think she will be a very good Mb! And Malykh is playing a much faster ball in position 2. I also like the fact that Shcherban has good quite back row skills...its good to see Russia developing also that area. ^^

• I also like the fact that Shcherban has good quite back row skills...its good to see Russia developing also that area. ^^

Yes, there's a progress over the years, but this WGP has proved to me once again that of all the medal contenders Russia is the worst in back row skills. Even liberos are far from the level required. So more work needs to be done I hope coaches and players are willing to do that work.