KOVO 2014/2015 - South Korean League

• The South Korean cup is on. There's live webcast on Laola.

Results
    IBK 0X3 GS (24-26, 23-25, 17-25)
    Hyundai 3X1 KGC (25-22, 23-25, 25-22, 25-23)
    GS 1X3 EX (11-25, 25-19, 14-25, 20-25)
    KGC 0X3 Pink Spiders (16-25, 16-25, 21-25)
    EX 3X0 IBK (25-18, 25-18, 25-15)
    Pink Spiders 3X1 Hyundai (21-25, 25-21, 25-19, 25-19)

IBK and KGC were knocked out.

Pinks Spiders hired the tv commentator in the past few years to coach. She seems very good at this so far. I like the idea. Asian women are very nice coaches most often. :teach:
    They also hired players from other teams (Hyundai's MB2 and so on). I guess it was clear to everyone they needed more korean players to improve.

Matches on schedule
    Semifinal 1
    25.07 - EX vs Hyundai
    Semifinal 2
    26.07 - Pink Spiders vs GS

• Congratulations to Hyundai for the win! :cup:

It was a great fun to see Yoo-Mi again. She wasn't very good, but it doesn't matter by now. For what it's worth it was worth all the while.

Semi
    EX 2X3 Hyundai (22-25, 25-23, 17-25, 25-19, 8-15)
    Pink Spiders 2X3 GS (26-24, 25-22, 21-25, 25-27, 10-15)
    Final
    Hyundai 3X1 GS (25-20, 22-25, 29-27, 25-23)

• List of Foreign players in the Korean league 2014-2015

Hyundai Hilstate Suwon - Polina Rahimova (Azerbaijan,1990,OPP)
    Heungkuk Life Insurance Incheon - Rachel Rourke (Australia,1988,OPP/OH)
    GS Caltex Kixx Pyeongtaek - Sarah Pavan (Canada,1986,OPP)
    KGC Daejeon - Joyce Silva (Brazil,1984,OPP)
    IBK Altos Hwaseong - Destinee Dante Hooker (USA,1987,OPP/OH)
    EX Seongnam - Nicole Fawcett (USA,1986,OPP)

• Both Hooker and Rourke should be used as OPs or as they call it in Korea - R (right side), foreigners are used to be main offensive weapon there :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• And this winter we will get a no surprising news that Rahimova or Hooker or Rourke just destroying Vasileva's record (It was 56? 57? 57 points in one match...) :rolll: Perhaps one of them will score more than 60...how priceless, huh?

• And this winter we will get a no surprising news that Rahimova or Hooker or Rourke just destroying Vasileva's record (It was 56? 57? 57 points in one match...) :rolll: Perhaps one of them will score more than 60...how priceless, huh?

It is possible, although Montano, De La Cruz, Fawcett and Vasilieva raised this result from 53 points to 57 in last 2-3 years, so getting 58 points either by Rahimova or by Hooker or by Rourke may be a tough task :wavy: main contender should be Rahimova ^^

• Honestly I really don't get why Fawcett decided to stay there, it should be her 3rd season in South Korea, she probably likes there but whenever looking at her stats I really get shocked...As far as I know, she even hit like 95 balls within one match and obviously none of her teammates scored more than 10...How is Volleyball supposed to be a team sport in that way :aww:

I love Elitsa and I'm so happy that she decided not to stay there, otherwise she will just get sick only after a few matches...

• Honestly I really don't get why Fawcett decided to stay there, it should be her 3rd season in South Korea, she probably likes there but whenever looking at her stats I really get shocked...As far as I know, she even hit like 95 balls within one match and obviously none of her teammates scored more than 10...How is Volleyball supposed to be a team sport in that way :aww:

I love Elitsa and I'm so happy that she decided not to stay there, otherwise she will just get sick only after a few matches...

Maybe Fawcett likes playing like that, who knows? :D anyway she must be tired after each game, fortunately season in Korea is relatively short, so later she may join to team in Puerto Rico like she did in this season :teach:

• Maybe Fawcett likes playing like that, who knows? :D anyway she must be tired after each game, fortunately season in Korea is relatively short, so later she may join to team in Puerto Rico like she did in this season :teach:

I just hope she won't follow the weird typical korean step serves...Mia Jerkov was totally effected that awkward serve after playing in South Korea and she still serves like that :rolll:

• Usually KOVO Cup gives 2 awards: MVP (to one player form the winner team) and Most Impressive Player (to one player from the loser team); do you know who took the awards?

I don't understand why KOVO still stays one that poor web site instead of fixing their old one. :white:

• Wow This list is pretty good. The best ever! :white:

Usually KOVO Cup gives 2 awards: MVP (to one player form the winner team) and Most Impressive Player (to one player from the loser team); do you know who took the awards?

I don't understand why KOVO still stays one that poor web site instead of fixing their old one. :white:

Hwang Youn-Joo was named MVP while Lee So-Young got the MIP award. Both players scored 29 points each in the final.

• V League Starts on October 18, 2014

OCT 18, 2014
    1st match: KGC vs IBK Altos 1-3 (-17, -17, 23, -16)
    Joyce scored 30 pts but not enough to win a match against IBK, in addition, OH Bae moo-hwa added 12 pts; On the contrary, with the great performance of MB Kim hee-jung 27 pts and OP Destinee Hooker 23 pts, IBK Altos took the easy win.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• OCT 19, 2014

2nd Match: GS Caltex vs Pink Spiders 2-3 (-23, 20, -23, 27, -5)
    GS Caltex: Sarah Pavan OP 31, Lee so-young OH 18, Pyo seung-ju MB 12, Han Song Yi OH 11, Bae, yu-na MB11, ...
    Pink Spiders: Rourke OP 35, Joo ye-na OH 13, Kim hye-jin MB 12, Lee jae-young OH 11...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

There is "0" chance for Destinee Hooker to break that record.....She is not even close to be the player that she used to be before she had her baby....

Rahimova has a better chance to do it, but scoring 60 points is not as easy as some people think, even in Korea.