Brazilian League 2015/2016

• CBV released the player's ranking for next season.

Remembering each team can reach a max of 43 points, and have only 2 players scored 7.

8 players received the highest rank: Fabiana, Thaisa, Dani Lins, Jaqueline, Fernanda Garay, Natália, Sheilla, Tandara

The complete rank: http://2015.cbv.com.br/media/k…CIAL__FEM_-_2015-2016.pdf

EDIT: Also remembering that players U-17 and over 36 receive bonifications. And players that stay in same club from previous seasons adds the rank she received in the year she first signed. So if she has an adding in her rank for next season she can receive a redution in the rank of 2 points tops, that never being under her rank in her first season in the club.

• Sorry I don't want to be rude... but this point sistem looks a bit useless to me. I mean why do they have to give points to the players? Their performance is not only due to their "names" but also to the team in which they're working, the other team mates, the head coach ecc.. Look at the players you mention: Sheilla is doing so so in Vakif but still gets the maximum, the same Fe Garay in Krasnodar... and also Tandara gets 7 and she's pregnant? Why not 7 to Gabi? And also the other rules you mention are a bit non sense: I think that Walewska or Fofao are worth 7 points even if they are over35... I find it strange that a society has to consider the point ranking before building a team!

I don't want just to complain but I'd like to mean why is there such a strange method... :win:

• I understand what you say...indeed, it seems strange, but it was a way Federation found to try to balance the league. Otherwise, we would see few teams, maybe one or two with all big stars, and good players in bench...with the ranking in theory that is avoit, so we could see for example Jaque playing for a team like Minas, and Fabiana for SESI.

With that said.....I think in theory the rank is a good idea, but in practice its not really well done, cause we dont have that much investment in the league, so some players end up leaving the country....so Im not 100% forward or against the system. I think it should have other measures to help the league develop. Maybe a salary ceiling would be the best thing, but I dont even know if that is alowd in Brazil.

But meanwhile, the ranking system is the only thing they actually do to balance the league, CBV doesnt demand in tv contract for example that the sponsor names must be said. Or like the tv rights, they dont split among the clubs...and so on.....so seems uselles indeed to have the rank, and not do anything else to help the clubs and volleyball league develop.

• I understand what you say...indeed, it seems strange, but it was a way Federation found to try to balance the league. Otherwise, we would see few teams, maybe one or two with all big stars, and good players in bench...with the ranking in theory that is avoit, so we could see for example Jaque playing for a team like Minas, and Fabiana for SESI.

With that said.....I think in theory the rank is a good idea, but in practice its not really well done, cause we dont have that much investment in the league, so some players end up leaving the country....so Im not 100% forward or against the system. I think it should have other measures to help the league develop. Maybe a salary ceiling would be the best thing, but I dont even know if that is alowd in Brazil.

But meanwhile, the ranking system is the only thing they actually do to balance the league, CBV doesnt demand in tv contract for example that the sponsor names must be said. Or like the tv rights, they dont split among the clubs...and so on.....so seems uselles indeed to have the rank, and not do anything else to help the clubs and volleyball league develop.

I agree with Joana. The ranking help a lot, since Osasco, Praia and Unilever are the richest teams so far right now. It would be very boring to see a league with only a few strong teams... That's the problem that I can see in turkish league. Eczacibasi, Fener and Vakif are the best teams and usually it is really really hard for the other teams to beat them. I also think that the ranking helps in giving opportunity for young players, because the teams need to invest on them since they do not have a high numbers of points in the ranking... I can quote some examples like Suelle (OH, Sesi), Carol (MB, Rexona), Bia (MB, Sesi), Samara (OH, Osasco) and Gabi (OH, Osasco), they did a very good job in their clubs mainly because they had opportunity to play! :thumbsup:

• Rexona-Ades - Rio de Janeiro (RJ)

Setters:
    Courtney Thompson
    Roberta

Opposites:
    Monique Pavão
    Lorenne

Outside Hitters:
    Gabriela Guimarães "Gabi"
    Natália Zilio
    Regiane
    Drussyla

Middle Blockers:
    Ana Carolina "Carol"
    Juciely
    Mayhara
    Paula Barros

Liberos:
    Fabi
    Juju Perdigão

Head Coach:
    Bernardo Rezende

Molico/Nestlè - Osasco (SP)

Setters:
    Dani Lins
    Diana

Opposite:
    Lise Van Hecke
    Ivna

Outside Hitter:
    Kenia Carcaces
    Suelle
    Gabi

Middle Blockers:
    Thaisa
    Adenízia
    Marjorie
    Saraelen

Liberos:
    Camila Brait

Head Coach:
    Luizomar de Moura

SESI-SP (SP)

Setters:
    Carol Leite
    Pri Heldes

Opposites:
    Andréia Laurence
    Sabrina

Outside Hitters:
    Jaqueline
    Ellen Braga
    Dayse

Middle Blockers:
    Fabiana
    Bia
    Angélica

Liberos:
    Suellen
    Michelle Daldegan

Head Coach:
    Talmo de Oliveira

Camponesa/Minas (MG)

Setters:
    Naiane
    Marcelinha

Opposites:
    Rosamaria
    Carla

Outside Hitter:
    Tandara
    Mari Paraíba
    Samara
    Karol

Middle Blockers:
    Carol Gattaz
    Mara
    Valquíria
    Gabi

Liberos:
    Leia
    Laís

Head Coach:
    Paulo Coco

• Thaisa, Adenizia and Camila have valid contracts until 2017 :thumbup:

• Banana Boat/Praia Clube - Uberlândia (MG)

Setters:
    Claudinha
    Juliana Carrijo
    Francine

Opposites:
    Daymi Ramirez
    Malu

Outside Hitter:
    Alix Klineman
    Michelle Pavão
    Pri Daroit
    Ju Costa

Middle Blockers:
    Walewska
    Natasha
    Ednéia
    Renata Maggioni

Liberos:
    Tássia

Head Coach:
    Ricardo Picinin

Pinheiros - São Paulo (SP)

Setter:
    Ananda
    Juma

Opposites:
    Jéssica
    Paula Borgo

Outside Hitters:
    Clarisse
    Fofinha
    Angélica

Middle Blockers:
    Letícia Hage
    Lara
    Adriani
    Raquel Löff

Libero:
    Verê
    Ju Paes

Head Coach:
    Wagner Fernandes "Wagão"

Brasília Vôlei - Brasília (DF)

Setters:
    Macris
    Michele Eiras

Opposite:
    Bárbara

Outside Hitters:
    Paula Pequeno
    Amanda
    Kassiely
    Domingas

Middle Blockers:
    Roberta
    Natália
    Vivian Pellegrino

Libero:
    Sassá
    Vitória Trindade

Head Coach:
    Manu

São Cristovão Saúde/São Caetano - São Caetano (SP)

Setters:
    Ana Maria
    Thaynã

Opposites:
    Lia
    Ciça

Outside Hitters:
    Thaisinha
    Soninha
    Bruna Nery
    Sonaly

Middle Blockers:
    Andressa Picussa
    Edna
    Larissa Gronga

Liberos:
    Silvana

Head Coach:
    Hairton Cabral

• Rio do Sul/Equibrasil - Rio do Sul (SC)

Setters:
    Giovana (Rexona-Ades)
    Luciana

Opposites:
    Helo (Uniara)

Outside Hitters:
    Vanessa Janke
    Isabela (Praia Clube)

Middle Blockers:
    Mimi Sosa
    Camila Paracatu
    Fran (Pinheiros)

Liberos:
    Tatiana Rizzo (Boca Juniors)

Head Coach:
    Spencer Lee

São Bernardo Vôlei - São Bernardo (SP)

Setters:
    Mariana Nardi (Osasco)

Opposites:

Outside Hitters:
    Paula Morth

Middle Blockers:
    Stephanie Correa (Sesi)
    Milka (São Caetano)
    Carla

Liberos:
    Teny
    Dalila

Head Coach:
    William Carvalho

Maranhão Vôlei/CTGM - São Luís (MA)

Setters:

Opposites:

Outside Hitters:

Middle Blockers:

Libero:

Head Coach:
    Paulo Barreto

• Uniara/AFAV - Araraquara (SP)

Setters:
    Mariana Galon

Opposites:

Outside Hitters:
    Natasha Valente (Brasília)
    Fernanda
    Priscila (Maranhão)

Middle Blockers:
    Aline (Praia Clube)
    Laiza (São Bernardo)
    Linda (Brasília)

Liberos:
    Thais Bruzza (Sogipa)

Head Coach:
    Sandra Mara Leão

São José - São José dos Campos (SP)

Setters:

Opposites:

Outside Hitters:

Middle Blockers:

Liberos:

Head Coach:
    Washington

Bauru (SP)

Setters:
    Ana Tiemi (CSM Bucaresti, ROM)
    Camila Adão

Opposites:
    Bruna (Rexona)
    Fernanda Melo

Outside Hitters:
    Mari Cassemiro (Sesi)
    Natieli (Rio do Sul)
    Nayara Felix
    Hellen Abreu

Middle Blockers:
    Dani Suco (São Caetano)
    Fê Isis (Pinheiros)
    Alanna

Liberos:
    Andressa (Uniara)
    Mariana

Head Coach:
    Chico dos Santos

• More Teams in new season?

26 matches in regular season?

2 Groups with 7 Teams = 12 matches in regular season?

• More Teams in new season?

26 matches in regular season?

2 Groups with 7 Teams = 12 matches in regular season?

I think it will be 12 teams. There is a new team (Bauru) that is coming from 2nd league. Probably 2 teams from last season will be moved to 2nd league.
    We'll only have confirmation in a few months...

• Lise Van Hecke (OPP, Belgium NT) in Molico/Osasco. Source

Molico is such a big team in Brazil, they have a big crowd that follow them... They should, at least, search more about the players. Lise Van Hecke is just ok, she's good but still very young. There is a lot of pressure envolved to sign with a 22 years old girl. She won't solve Molico's problem and I am sure about that. It is gonna happen the same as Caterina... :down:

• I think that Lise transfer it's good for Osasco.

Ivna can play like a Opp or OH instead of Carcases or Lise places on court if they were not ok in the game... For a Opp, Osasco have Dani Lins, Adenizia and Thaisa... The opponent block needs to be careful with middle attack.. that it's better for OH/Opp

Lise it's a great prospect.. She is much better than Caterina... Caterina didn't show up in high level yet... Lise push Belgium NT for another Level and was very good In Piacenza Tittles.

She was Awful in this past Season.. If she recovery her shape she will a good player for Osasco.

• Lise's transfer is good for Osasco ? could have been better :gone: she is better than Cat Bosetti for sure but i wouldnt define her "great" prospect but good and smart player

• I'm confident she can do well here. She's already got plenty of experience in Europe and that could be good in a league like the Brazilian one. We lack good OPPs here, so we might as well hire good prospects from Europe. It'll be good for her to play along some Olympic champions too, since we saw how much she and Belgium as a whole struggled playing in a higher international level last year. I just hope she gets some rest and gets in a good shape after such an intense season since the last WGP. plus she can't be worse than Ivna

• I'm confident she can do well here. She's already got plenty of experience in Europe and that could be good in a league like the Brazilian one. We lack good OPPs here, so we might as well hire good prospects from Europe. It'll be good for her to play along some Olympic champions too, since we saw how much she and Belgium as a whole struggled playing in a higher international level last year. I just hope she gets some rest and gets in a good shape after such an intense season since the last WGP. plus she can't be worse than Ivna

she will play much better than Bosetti but Bosetti was OH and she is OPP therefore she will be supposed to be much better than bosetti offensively as the opp of Osasco ,that is where im not sure if she can lead her team...Olessia would fit Osasco better indeed

• IMO Van Hecke is a typical NT player who tends to be weak in clubs, just like Flier or Kozuch. Lise wasn't really convincing in Piacenza, mostly her attacks were easily digged. But I wish her good luck for her brazilian adventure.

• So, Calsalmaggiore officially have lost another target. They're still without OPP, If the rumours come true, they will have Picci-Tirozzi and Meijners as OPP. (Picci's transfer to Pomí has been pretty much questionable though...thanks to Massimo, now u're going to ruin another good team :wall: )

• Lise's transfer is good for Osasco ? could have been better :gone: she is better than Cat Bosetti for sure but i wouldnt define her "great" prospect but good and smart player

When Osasco signed with Caterina she was playing great in Italy. The problem is that Osasco is a very traditional team and they usually sign with young foreign players and they don't have experience enough to be fighting for every championship (and here is different than in Italy... The foreign should be one of the best, because the teams just sign with someone from other country if there is no good players that can fit the team they want). The other problem is adapt to a very different city, country, language... She was in Italy since 2011 if I am not wrong, so I suppose that she was ok with the country, but now, she will have another challenge.

I want to see her playing great here, afterall I think she has such a great potential. But I just think that is wrong from Osasco's coach and staff to invest too much money in a unexperienced player... Hooker was great here, but we cannot say the same for Cate and Sanja, because both weren't experienced enough to deal with the pressure from the team, staff, Osasco's fans and so on. We'll see...

But as someone said, it is better to see Lise on court than Ivna :D