Brazilian League 2015/2016

• I watched the last 3 sets...I was a bit disappointed of the level, I thought Brazilian top teams played better. Gabi and Natalia are nowhere near Jaqueline, Mari, Paula in their glory days, not to mention Virna or Ana Moser. Gabi still hasn't improved her hitting technique, one day she'll break her spine while attacking. The MBs of Rexona were very good, but Walewska's blocking outshined them all. Praia had their chances, especially in 3rd set, but they couldn't use them.

• I watched the last 3 sets...I was a bit disappointed of the level, I thought Brazilian top teams played better. Gabi and Natalia are nowhere near Jaqueline, Mari, Paula in their glory days, not to mention Virna or Ana Moser. Gabi still hasn't improved her hitting technique, one day she'll break her spine while attacking. The MBs of Rexona were very good, but Walewska's blocking outshined them all. Praia had their chances, especially in 3rd set, but they couldn't use them.

The game was very nervous mentally, so yes, both team technically didnt show their best. Though it was entertaining for the fans to watch, cause of how unpredictable the game was, technically both teams have shown better during the season. Naty maily, she was really below what she showed during the season...she was a machine in many matches, and tonight she lacked calm in some moment to make the best choice in attack. Plus we should remember Gabi is just returning from an injury in her ankle. She just stoped taking the medication for the pain few days before this Final, so she is not 100%, and I think she felt that maily in reception in front of her, when she was in the net..having to make this movement of going down and already thinking about attack...this transition was when she felt the most her ankle I think.

But if you take the season overall....both were the main key for Rexona success.

• One problem was that mostly games were played at 9:30 PM. And they are televised by a cable channel.

This final match was at 9:00 AM, they changed time because this final match was on national TV. And the channel requires the match to be that early.

I watched the last 3 sets...I was a bit disappointed of the level, I thought Brazilian top teams played better. Gabi and Natalia are nowhere near Jaqueline, Mari, Paula in their glory days, not to mention Virna or Ana Moser. Gabi still hasn't improved her hitting technique, one day she'll break her spine while attacking. The MBs of Rexona were very good, but Walewska's blocking outshined them all. Praia had their chances, especially in 3rd set, but they couldn't use them.

• Ramirez scored 20 points

• That is a good point...is there any research of what is the best time for an athlete to performe its best? if there isnt someone should do it....but Im pretty sure it wont be 9am!!!! :aww:

I remember one Grand Prix few years ago in São Carlos, talking to Piccinini she asked my sister and I why was the game played at 10am...so early....It was kind of hard to explain.. :rolleyes:

• That is a good point...is there any research of what is the best time for an athlete to performe its best? if there isnt someone should do it....but Im pretty sure it wont be 9am!!!! :aww:

There are two biological types of humans: one who wake up early, have their best performance early in the day and also sleep early; the others wake late, have their peak later in the day and sleep later. So for some players a match at 9AM is good and one at 9PM is a nightmare while for others it's vice versa.

• Natália played very bad today, far from what She had been showing in Superliga

• There are two biological types of humans: one who wake up early, have their best performance early in the day and also sleep early; the others wake late, have their peak later in the day and sleep later. So for some players a match at 9AM is good and one at 9PM is a nightmare while for others it's vice versa.

I think the matches shouldnt be neither 9am or 9pm...two extremes, why not 19h. Its a perfect good time for Tv, for people to go to the gyms, and for athletes to be running full.

But in Brazil they seem to wanna make it harder somehow..for players and fans. :aww:

• Agreed. Roberta has so much potential, I think she deserves her spot on NT. She have been a long time back up setter and to see her finally shines and helped her team to the finals is an amazing journey to watch,

And Natalia, just wow. She is the best OH in this season of SL. Jacque is going down the drain (which bothers me because Brazil needs her for Olympic).

Agreed. Roberta has so much potential, I think she deserves her spot on NT. She have been a long time back up setter and to see her finally shines and helped her team to the finals is an amazing journey to watch,

I really like Roberta, but I think Claudinha, from Dentil Praia Clube, deserves more a spot in the Brazilian NT!

• I don't know for playing, but for working out in a gym they say the best time is early evening 5-6-7 PM.

7 PM is definitely the best time.

In the Olympic games the schedule is crazy also, I think the first match of the day is usually at 9 or 10 am, and the last one 9 or 10 PM.

I won't be surprise if in Rio the last match of the day will start at midnight ololo

I think the matches shouldnt be neither 9am or 9pm...two extremes, why not 19h. Its a perfect good time for Tv, for people to go to the gyms, and for athletes to be running full.

But in Brazil they seem to wanna make it harder somehow..for players and fans. :aww:

• The ranking for next season has been released...rules stay pretty much the same 2 players number 7.

Bonifications are given for players with 36 years or more..and U-17.

Teams have to add up to 43 points total.

I think the main change in the ranking was Gabi that is now also 7.

http://superliga.cbv.com.br/ar…20FEM%20-%202016-2017.pdf

• Congratulations to Rexona-Ades! :drink: Nice to see Natália getting better and Roberta in the line-up. Maybe Bernardinho will take the risk next season.

On Sesi, I don't thin it's a sad news. First off, their money shouldn't go to pay top dollar. It comes from taxes, best invested on talent girls. Moreover, how it's going to be when Fabiana, Thaísa, Sheilla and Jaqueline retire? Brazil needs new players for the upcoming years. Otherwise, China and USA will kill us.

• Best scorer - Alix Klineman (Praia)
    Best setter - Macris (Brasília)
    Best spiker - Walewkska (Praia)
    Best blocker - Carol (Rexona)
    Best digger - Vanessa Janke (Rio do Sul)
    Best receiver - Léia (Minas)

MVP of the final - Natália (Rexona)

• how about best server?

• Is it true that Thaisa is leaving Osasco?