Turkish League 2015/16

• Seeing how good is Ana Stracevic makes me so angry.
    That kind of player doesn't have her place in NT :wall:

• the results of the 9th week :

Salihli B. - Nilüfer B : 1-3
    stats
    Polish Skowronska is keeping playing well
    good match from Miloş 19 pts (6blocks) with % 64

Ilbank - Vakıfbank : 0 -3

stats
    game high from Rasiç 17 pts (4 blocks) with % 76

Bursa BB - Halkbank : 3-0
    :|
    stats
    Halkbank has been playing badly after EcV match...Logan looks worse every other week :huh:
    good game by Brazilian Da Silva from Bursa 21 pts with % 54

Çanakkale B. - Fenerbahçe Grundig : 1-3
    stats
    Starcevic 22 pts with % 47 / Mihajlovic 20 pts with % 51

Sarıyer B. - Imperial hastanesi Idmanocağı : 3- 2
    stats
    the most competitive match oof the weekend
    middle Crimes 19 pts(3 blocks) with % 70 /middle Sinem Barut 17 pts (3 blocks) with % 63

i had gave Gs-EcV match result before*

the Standings :

1.Vb ..9-0 ..26 points
    2.FbG 8-1...25
    3.Gs...8-1... 20
    4.Sarıyer B...6-3.. 16
    5.Bursa BB ..5-4..16
    6.EcV ..5-4.. 14
    7. Çanakkale B...4-5.. 11
    8. Nilüfer B...3-6.. 11
    9. Halkbank....3-6.. 9
    10. I.H.Idmanocağı ...2-7...8
    11. Salihli B...1-8... 4
    12. Ilbank ...0-9....2

• Ilbank is the weakest team in the league at the moment and NTV Spor is going once again to broadcast a needless match :hit:
    there are more competitive matches today like : Bursa - Halkbank and Sarıyer - Idmanocağı

Voleybolun arkasindaki guc VakifBank :sleeping: .
    They broadcasted 80% of Vakif matches this season regardless of whether it's a good match of not.

• Many people had expected that Eczaci is going to dominate the domestic league this season but for the moment that's not the case.
    I don't think the problem is one player or two but the whole team.. when i watch their matches i don't see a team who is playing together, what i see is just a big chaos.
    i feel that some players even don't know what is their role on the court.
    If i need to blame someone for what is happening now with Eczaci, i will blame their managers, big budget does not always = titles and cups.. it's all about how you will use your budget.
    I'm sure they will solve their problems at the 2nd part of the season but i still don't see any chance for them against Fener and Vakif.

• Many people had expected that Eczaci is going to dominate the domestic league this season but for the moment that's not the case.
    I don't think the problem is one player or two but the whole team.. when i watch their matches i don't see a team who is playing together, what i see is just a big chaos.
    i feel that some players even don't know what is their role on the court.
    If i need to blame someone for what is happening now with Eczaci, i will blame their managers, big budget does not always = titles and cups.. it's all about how you will use your budget.
    I'm sure they will solve their problems at the 2nd part of the season but i still don't see any chance for them against Fener and Vakif.

I agree but I would say the same for Fenerbahce unfortunately. Mihajlovic is used in the wrong position and she is quite ineffective attacking from zone 2. So far she is never tried in zone 4. Besides, Fenerbahce is lacking a real opposite, Polen did so-so, Bosetti not contributing at all in attacking. The only person keeping Fenerbahce up is KYK unfortunately. Subs such as Seyma and Meliha are not in the same level. So I would say that Eczacibais and Fenerbahce are suffering from similar problems but Fenerbahce overcomes these because of KYK. In Eczacibasi, there is noone taking such a big responsibility yet.

• I agree but I would say the same for Fenerbahce unfortunately. Mihajlovic is used in the wrong position and she is quite ineffective attacking from zone 2. So far she is never tried in zone 4. Besides, Fenerbahce is lacking a real opposite, Polen did so-so, Bosetti not contributing at all in attacking. The only person keeping Fenerbahce up is KYK unfortunately. Subs such as Seyma and Meliha are not in the same level. So I would say that Eczacibais and Fenerbahce are suffering from similar problems but Fenerbahce overcomes these because of KYK. In Eczacibasi, there is noone taking such a big responsibility yet.

I think it's not fair to say that the two teams are living the same situation.. and for sure it's not fair to say that Fenerbahce is a one player team.
    When you have a prodigious player as Kim in your team, then you should just benefits from that as much as possible.. despite that, i don't see Fener is a one player
    team, Eda contributes so much, both in block and attack, Polen is doing a great job and when the team needs her, she is always there (The finals of the cup and the league last season). Christa is coming back to her shape game after game and she will also helps a lot.
    Actually, i also prefer watching Mihajlovic playing in position 4 but Lucia is now a very important piece in the team's system with her passing/defence skills.
    For me, Fenerbahce's managers were successful in their transfers this season, they got what they need from the market.

• I think it's not fair to say that the two teams are living the same situation.. and for sure it's not fair to say that Fenerbahce is a one player team.
    When you have a prodigious player as Kim in your team, then you should just benefits from that as much as possible.. despite that, i don't see Fener is a one player
    team, Eda contributes so much, both in block and attack, Polen is doing a great job and when the team needs her, she is always there (The finals of the cup and the league last season). Christa is coming back to her shape game after game and she will also helps a lot.
    Actually, i also prefer watching Mihajlovic playing in position 4 but Lucia is now a very important piece in the team's system with her passing/defence skills.
    For me, Fenerbahce's managers were successful in their transfers this season, they got what they need from the market.

You guys are missing what I mean. Of course Fenerbahce has other attackers than only Kim but what I meant is, when teams target KYK in serve and when they serve well, then Fenerbahce stops. What I'm simply saying is, Kim is not an important player in attacking only, but Fenerbahce fails without her receiving as well. I wish I remembered those two games and specific sets where two teams did this. I think one of them was Telekom Baku in champions league. Even this weekend against Canakkale, the first move Abbondanza did after the set loss was putting Kim back and Fenerbahce won easily after that. I agree about Harmotto but in the Turkish league, they can't use her.

• i think Polen has been doing better than so-so in FBG contrary to her performance in the NT

I like Polen and she is clearly one of the good local OPPs. But let me ask the question this way, how would you put these players in an order: Slöetjes, Boskovic, Centoni, Polen, Sheilla, Baladin, Calderon and even Neslihan?

• I like Polen and she is clearly one of the good local OPPs. But let me ask the question this way, how would you put these players in an order: Slöetjes, Boskovic, Centoni, Polen, Sheilla, Baladin, Calderon and even Neslihan?

the matther is not the order of these players but the performance of them in the matches..
    Sheilla,Neslihan,Calderon havent been playing...
    amongst the opposites playing :
    BOşkoviç and Baladin are not regular opp of their teams..i liked Boşkoviç's performance against Chemik..in the league i dont have a clear opinion i think she has played in few matches and was not that good...Baladın on the stats looked well in the matches she was a starter (i didnt watch those matches i just comment depending on the stats)

i think at the moment lonneke,Centoni and Polen together seem to be more efficient/useful opposites..am i wrong ?

• I completely agree with Meatballs, Polen is far from doing great as Greay says. You mention her playing great last year, yes, but we talk about now and I haven't seen anything great from her. Fener has many attacking options, other than Kim of course, only that we are talking about TL and not CL. So Harmotto is out of the picture and Diclenur is very weak at attacking. Bosetti is also not good at attacking so we have Kim and Eda as the reliable attackers.

The main thing why Fener is doing better than Ecz in the TL is because Skorupa connects with her attackers better than Kreklow. Although Ecz has Poljak they can't use her properly, same for other attackers. Also Fener has a much better reception than Ecz at the moment... so that would be the main reasons: reception and setter

• i think at the moment lonneke,Centoni and Polen together seem to be more efficient/useful opposites..am i wrong ?

I asked that question just to show how a setter feels. Naz trusts a lot to Slöetjes, Gamze trusts a lot to Centoni but Polen is not as reliable as them. She has been attacking fine looking at the stats, probably around 45% in average. But she is not a threat to any team by herself unfortunately. Boskovic is already much ahead of Polen. Whenever Boskovic gets a set, the only things comes to my mind is, she will kill it. I think anyone else than Polen & Baladin in that list is in top level. Baladin still has a chance, Polen is far too slow with her approach to be a great killer.

Thank you USAvolleyfan :win: One thing I would add is, Skorupa is a lucky setter because she always has a safe person to set whenever the situation is bad, namely KYK.

• i never claimed that Polen was a great killer,,she is not!...
    Skorupa doesnt set to her all the time bcz she has KYK in her team at the same time..this would be the same for any teams having great opposites ;)
    imo, what prevent Polen from being a great killer : 1.power : her arm isnt strong enough f.e. such as Boşkoviç,Neriman,Mihajloviç etc..
    2.jumping skills : she simply cant jump ! Brakoceviç also cant jump but she compensates with her strength and height

so how can Polen kill? : with her tall arms and decent/good technique+ smart play..she is tall enough but she doenst/cant catch the ball at a good height ,she lets the ball lose its height then attack

• You guys are missing what I mean. Of course Fenerbahce has other attackers than only Kim but what I meant is, when teams target KYK in serve and when they serve well, then Fenerbahce stops. What I'm simply saying is, Kim is not an important player in attacking only, but Fenerbahce fails without her receiving as well. I wish I remembered those two games and specific sets where two teams did this. I think one of them was Telekom Baku in champions league. Even this weekend against Canakkale, the first move Abbondanza did after the set loss was putting Kim back and Fenerbahce won easily after that. I agree about Harmotto but in the Turkish league, they can't use her.

And that's why Lucia is there, to cover Kim when this one is having a bad day.
    Anyway, the team is proving that they are able to manages the game even if the opponent is targeting Kim in the service.
    Not sure but i think the 2nd match that you want to mention is Nilufer-Fenerbahce.. Right?
    I did not have the chance to watch the match against Cannakale but starting with Ezgi-Seyma-Meliha-Ergul is a big risk, even if you are playing against a mediocre team as Cannakale.. So, why to take some risks when you have Kim on bench..? :D

• I completely agree with Meatballs, Polen is far from doing great as Greay says. You mention her playing great last year, yes, but we talk about now and I haven't seen anything great from her. Fener has many attacking options, other than Kim of course, only that we are talking about TL and not CL. So Harmotto is out of the picture and Diclenur is very weak at attacking. Bosetti is also not good at attacking so we have Kim and Eda as the reliable attackers.

The main thing why Fener is doing better than Ecz in the TL is because Skorupa connects with her attackers better than Kreklow. Although Ecz has Poljak they can't use her properly, same for other attackers. Also Fener has a much better reception than Ecz at the moment... so that would be the main reasons: reception and setter

Last year in the finals she was great, in this season she is good.. that's how i see her.
    For example: during the last match Vakif 3-2 Fener.. Lonneke had 17 points Eff: 40%, while Polen had also 17 points Eff: 43%.. the best scorer of the match was
    Kim with 20 points Eff 38%.
    Here we can see that Polen is helping so much in attack and playing her role on the court.
    By the way when i say Polen is doing great, i'm talking here only about the big matches not about the entire season.

• Last year in the finals she was great, in this season she is good.. that's how i see her.
    For example: during the last match Vakif 3-2 Fener.. Lonneke had 17 points Eff: 40%, while Polen had also 17 points Eff: 43%.. the best scorer of the match was
    Kim with 20 points Eff 38%.
    Here we can see that Polen is helping so much in attack and playing her role on the court.
    By the way when i say Polen is doing great, i'm talking here only about the big matches not about the entire season.

While percentage can help us talk about how a player is doing, it doesn't indicate anything if she gets blocked sends the ball long 3 points in a row when the score is 23-22 for example. And I don't think Polen is doing anything special, just a solid local OPP which helps Fener in the league, as well as Baladin for example.. only Hande is younger and is converted from MB

• And that's why Lucia is there, to cover Kim when this one is having a bad day.
    Anyway, the team is proving that they are able to manages the game even if the opponent is targeting Kim in the service.
    Not sure but i think the 2nd match that you want to mention is Nilufer-Fenerbahce.. Right?
    I did not have the chance to watch the match against Cannakale but starting with Ezgi-Seyma-Meliha-Ergul is a big risk, even if you are playing against a mediocre team as Cannakale.. So, why to take some risks when you have Kim on bench..? :D

I don't think Lucia can cover KYK when you have two liberos that are worse serve receivers than your OHs. I saw several times Lucia & KYK covering Gizem or Merve :lol: I honestly never saw KYK being covered in receiving. That's a mental thing in overall, when Kim falls, receives bad and can't score, Fenerbahce gets very vulnerable. I was just wondering what Guidetti's tactic was against Fenerbahce in the 3-2 games and here are the stats: http://tvf-web.azurewebsites.n…ID=44&PID=37&type=LegList
    They simply targeted KYK in their serves :lol:

• While percentage can help us talk about how a player is doing, it doesn't indicate anything if she gets blocked sends the ball long 3 points in a row when the score is 23-22 for example. And I don't think Polen is doing anything special, just a solid local OPP which helps Fener in the league, as well as Baladin for example.. only Hande is younger and is converted from MB

From what I watch so far, Polen has seldom been Skorupa's first choice in crucial parts of the game. It is often KYK, that is very understandable and explains Polen's role in the team.
    About Hande Baladin, I hope they will convert her to a OH instead before it is too late. She can be much better than Neriman as an attacking OH. Turkey has to develop another OPP unfortunately in the future.

• While percentage can help us talk about how a player is doing, it doesn't indicate anything if she gets blocked sends the ball long 3 points in a row when the score is 23-22 for example. And I don't think Polen is doing anything special, just a solid local OPP which helps Fener in the league, as well as Baladin for example.. only Hande is younger and is converted from MB

Actually, having a "solid" local Opp as Polen is a big advantage for Fener.. without her, they are forced to play with a local setter, her "solid" performance
    is giving Fener one more spot to a foreign player in the starting six.
    I like Hande but she is inexperienced and making so many mistakes in the most crucial parts of the match.
    Considering Neslihan's shape.. i will say that Polen is absolutely the best Turkish Opp right now.