Turkish League 2015/16

• I think her reception is decent, she will get aced a few times but most of her passing is enough for the setter to make a play. Personally, I think compared to players like Hodge-Easy or Neriman her reception is much better and looks more promising to be developed. Keep in mind when KYK first joined the NT after Athens, she was already a decent attacker but really had to work hard for a few years to become strong in passing and a monster in attacking.

Exactly! Zhu Ting is sometimes being covered in serve receiving in the NT but that is not because she is bad in receiving, because they want her to be able to attack. I only watched her in the NT and there she is actually good in receiving. Of course KYK is a more complete player at this age, she makes incredible defense and serves very well as well. I don't know how Zhu's defense and serves are but she is young. To me, she is the only player right now that has the potential to become the new KYK unless she gets a serious injury in her career.

• About the Discussion Brazilian League versus Turkish League, I think that Turkish League have the best teams so far, Fenerbahce, Vitra and Vakifbank have a better team than any Brazilian team... But so far Brazilian League have a better League in fact...There Are more teams with a good level, Champions League it's really boring this season.. because in Europe there is a huge gap between the top teams and the others.. in Turkish league it's even more boring to watch when it's not a Clash.. but the weakest teams in turkey are developing in this recent years..

Osasco, Rexona in fact are weaker than Vakif, Vitra and Vakifbank But they are capable to beat all of them.

About World Club Championships, Someone spoke about six editions (only one title for south americans) in this it's not fair because at Least one time Brazil didn't send the best team to the competition because of Pan 2011. Europe had many times more teams in this competition.

But Turkish Teams and Russian Teams who won the biggest competition are always even outstanding in europe in the respective winner's year, Besides Superliga had the level dropped because of Ranking in the upcoming season After Osasco Won the WCWC and in the other hand Turkish it's even more shining than ever.

Even Italian League ( who is raising up) it's better overall than the Turkish League. But the Turkish League Has more teams among the bests in the world no doubt.

And it's just non sense to think about Sao Bernardo doing well in a CEV competition.

• Exactly! Zhu Ting is sometimes being covered in serve receiving in the NT but that is not because she is bad in receiving, because they want her to be able to attack. I only watched her in the NT and there she is actually good in receiving. Of course KYK is a more complete player at this age, she makes incredible defense and serves very well as well. I don't know how Zhu's defense and serves are but she is young. To me, she is the only player right now that has the potential to become the new KYK unless she gets a serious injury in her career.

However, I think that in KYK's case, their country had no other dominant OH (Han Song-yi is their next best choice?!) so I think it's also the player's mentality. KYK I think is also one of the strongest players psychologically and in some matches (although I don't see as much recently) her will to win is just overpowering. If Zhu Ting can do that too then she could be the next KYK but I can't see her now playing for Fenerbahce.

• i like Gs's team..they have a balanced starting team although the bench is not that balanced and experienced as the starting team..they dont have supper offence as the other three teams but not bad either..Gs's middles look more efficient than EcV''s ones to me..they(Gs) try as much as they can and i like it.

• i like Gs's team..they have a balanced starting team although the bench is not that balanced and experienced as the starting team..they dont have supper offence as the other three teams but not bad either..Gs's middles look more efficient than EcV''s ones to me..they(Gs) try as much as they can and i like it.

I like this team much more than earlier years with Meijners, Neriman Özsoy etc. However, for having such defensive OHs, the receiving stats for the team are not that good. I expected them to receive around 40-50% perfect receiving in overall. We saw what setter Gamze does when the reception is good and uses middles more often than others. Especially in yesterday's game against Fenerbahce, receptions were often on 3 meter line and Jackson had to hit the almost behind herself. Too bad that the team could not afford to transfer a good receiving libero like Aycanaz or Ceren Cihan and play with 2 libero system with Nihan. Then we could watch a better GS in attacking as well.

• I agree 100% with everything you said

• About Zhu Ting.. she is absolutely one of the best OHs but if Y.K Kim is having a huge success outside Asia, that does not mean all the Asian players will have the same success.
    We all saw how horrible was Wang Yimei's experience in Eczaci, and how horrible was Saori's experience in Vakif even tough she was working here with a good coach.
    It's not about the game style but about how to adapt with the new culture and the new lifestyle in Europe.. That is much easier for an American player because their culture is close to the European one, so here they have no troubles and give you 100% on court.
    When it comes to an Asian player, first of all there is a language barrier, she can not coumunicate with her teammates and coach and they also can not comunicate with her, that's was Wang Yimei's case.
    Saori is also not speaking English but she did not have any problems to comunicate because when she came to Turkey, she was there with Gen Kawakita who worked two years as an Assistant for Guidetti in Vakif.
    If i need to give an advice to the Asian players who wants to play in Europe i will tell them to play in Italy first for 2 or 3 years and after they will be able to play in Turkey, Russia or anywhere else because in Italy the Asian player have the chance to grow up by working with some good coaches, in Turkey or Russia the teams are thinking more about winnig cups, they don't have the patience to start with an Asian player from 0.
    So for me it's a big risk to sign an Asian player, Fener did it once and managed to get a diamond.. the others failed.

• Yes for sure, in the regular season we are forced to watch many boring matches but for me in the F4 of the Turkish league and the cup i can watch the best quality of volleyball in the world right now, better than the F4 of the CL that was boring in the recent years.

• Yes for sure, in the regular season we are forced to watch many boring matches but for me in the F4 of the Turkish league and the cup i can watch the best quality of volleyball in the world right now, better than the F4 of the CL that was boring in the recent years.

I think that for sure this final 4 in Turkish League could be better than Champions.. but last season was a total disappointment.. far from what was expected..

About Champions League final 4 let's hope for the best :obey: :cheesy: (Volero, Chemik, Pomi, Vitra, Fener, Kazan, Moscow, Vakif)

i like Gs's team..they have a balanced starting team although the bench is not that balanced and experienced as the starting team..they dont have supper offence as the other three teams but not bad either..Gs's middles look more efficient than EcV''s ones to me..they(Gs) try as much as they can and i like it.

yeah, it's doing better than last year, seems that Leys is doing well and with Onal they have one more foreigner spot for other position... I didn't see GsD playing in this season yet

• I think Wang and Saori's cases are different. Wang Yimei was done as a volleyball player when she came to Eczacibasi, she was overweighted and out of shape. Besides she was relatively old. For Saori, it is silly to expect her to be a dominant scorer in any team in Europe. It was just a bad transfer policy like they did with Sheilla. Saori did much better in GsD the year after, when she played with setter Gamze who actually gave her quick sets that she liked. Remember that GsD was a set far from eliminating Vakifbank that year from the finals in the Turkish league with Saori-Rabadzhieva duo.
    However Zhu Ting is still young and her game style is very different than Saori & Wang. I think her game looks more like KYK and also her physical attributes are similar to her. I agree to earlier comments that KYK was the only option for her position in the NT and she had to be strong. I would stop generalizing things like Asia, but instead I would say, Chinese players either get injured more often or leave volleyball in much earlier ages. I hope the same wont happen for Zhu Ting. I agree about cultural and language barriers but I hope her managers are recommending Zhu to learn English already since is expected to be an international star.

• I think that for sure this final 4 in Turkish League could be better than Champions.. but last season was a total disappointment.. far from what was expected..

About Champions League final 4 let's hope for the best :obey: :cheesy: (Volero, Chemik, Pomi, Vitra, Fener, Kazan, Moscow, Vakif)

Are you guys watching the Turkish league this season? Because Sariyer won against Eczacibasi and teams are much more balanced. Nilufer, Sariyer, Bursa BB, Canakkale, these are all underdogs and have potential to win against the top 4 teams this season. Even Halkbank has a balanced team. The only team that I dont like to watch in the league this season is Ilbank, rest are all full of surprises.

• Halkbank said goodbye to Logan Tom! Seems like her contract with Halkbank was only for the half season. What is comming next? ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

• At least, she did a good job in her goodbye match. Against Salihi, Halkbank was losing for 2-0 and comeback to the win with a 3-2.

Logan did 15 points: 8 attacks (%44), 4 aces and 3 blocks.

• About Champions League final 4 let's hope for the best (Volero, Chemik, Pomi, Vitra, Fener, Kazan, Moscow, Vakif)

Are you guys watching the Turkish league this season? Because Sariyer won against Eczacibasi and teams are much more balanced. Nilufer, Sariyer, Bursa BB, Canakkale, these are all underdogs and have potential to win against the top 4 teams this season. Even Halkbank has a balanced team. The only team that I dont like to watch in the league this season is Ilbank, rest are all full of surprises.

yes, I'm, a couple of matches.. Like i said before, Turkish teams are improving, but are very weaks either ( some good foreigners transfers but are not local players enough to support all the teams) .. Vitra performances are more about how awful are the team playing in this beginning of the season that others things.. Bursa almost got some points of Vitra in an awful (both sides) game (without Jelena Nikolic) ... Jordan knows how play really poor sometimes and Kreklow it's not doing good enough yet.

• But for

I think Wang and Saori's cases are different. Wang Yimei was done as a volleyball player when she came to Eczacibasi, she was overweighted and out of shape. Besides she was relatively old. For Saori, it is silly to expect her to be a dominant scorer in any team in Europe. It was just a bad transfer policy like they did with Sheilla. Saori did much better in GsD the year after, when she played with setter Gamze who actually gave her quick sets that she liked. Remember that GsD was a set far from eliminating Vakifbank that year from the finals in the Turkish league with Saori-Rabadzhieva duo.
    However Zhu Ting is still young and her game style is very different than Saori & Wang. I think her game looks more like KYK and also her physical attributes are similar to her. I agree to earlier comments that KYK was the only option for her position in the NT and she had to be strong. I would stop generalizing things like Asia, but instead I would say, Chinese players either get injured more often or leave volleyball in much earlier ages. I hope the same wont happen for Zhu Ting. I agree about cultural and language barriers but I hope her managers are recommending Zhu to learn English already since is expected to be an international star.

But for every single player, first they want to play at home, players from Brazil, Russia, China and Japan for example will only play overseas for really big $$$ and or to challenge themselfs.

I read one the Chinese League page that the transfer of players is different in China. :dance6:

• Wanted to write about this for a long time but looks like it's the right time now. A big applaud to Ataman Guneyligil, the head coach of Galatasaray. I was really worried in the beginning of the season, since he has been always the assistant coach and this would be his first experience as head coach. However he has been doing an excellent job so far with this team, making substitutions in the right time, giving chance to all players, making changes when things are going bad etc. The biggest surprise he made was clearly a brave move when Centoni was injured, he introduced Nursevil (2nd setter of the team) as opposite against Eczacibasi who played with around 50% attacking ratio at that match. He had options like Ezgi Arslan and Mislina Kilic who are regular oppposites...In the last game against Nilufer this weekend, he used Bihter Dumanlioglu as libero instead of his wife Nihan Guneyligil for the first time. Bihter made 5 receiving errors but received with 51% perfect reception. It's amazing how he gives chance to younger players and not scared of losing considering Nilufer has a similar or better budget than Galatasaray this season. Besides Galatasaray has finally a more balanced team and existing players, especially Gamze Alikaya perform much better under his coaching.

I'm not telling this to only praise him or that I have any benefits but looking at his career path, he made the right choice by starting his first head coach experience in a club with a medium budget and carrying that team to top 3 in the league which increase my hopes for the future of Turkish coaches - same for Gökhan Edman of Sariyer Belediyesi. On the other hand, we watch a Ferhat Akbas who made a terrible choice to start his career in one of the best teams in Europe and failed big times so far, simply ruining his future. Worst of all these that he still did not resign and keeps ruining the NT with his own career.