Turkish League 2015/16

• I watched Vakif's match and Sheilla war really good. Cagla wasn't giving her the balls she would want to, but still she managed to score thanks to her good technical skills. And I remembered how sometimes that kind of a player is way more useful than a strong hitter. I think Guidetti should give her more chances even in some harder matches like against Fenerbahce or Eczacibasi

• how it's going to work the playoffs system this season?

• Bahar got only 3 balls in 3 sets.. I know connection is not the best, but she could get more than 1 ball per set for sure.. however not a good game by her

I think the receiving was bad for Eczacibasi with Hande-Neriman duo, besides Molly used them to attack even when the receiving was good since they both are capable of attacking well from anywhere. However that might explain why Nilay got the spot from Molly.

The conflict between Nilay and Bahar, can it be because Giovanni had a relation with Nilay before? I don't know this for sure but read something like this. I expect that they are good professionals :win:

• I am not sure about the exact time of the playoffs but most likely the 2nd week of April.

Top 4 teams will play against each other in 2 occasions, in 2 different cities. Order based on point difference will determine the actual order.

• No national cup this season, right..?

• I'm not sure if any of you also follow this woman's youtube channel (I myself don't really watch Turkish domestic league), she interviews with a lot of players and I find them very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9YXqgsWyCE

Here's the interview with Tijana Boskovic. According to her, her first sport was Karate :D That's not even close to volleyball as many volleyballers may have started with basketball or handball before volleyball. She seems to be a very charming young girl, although she doesn't smile much. I'm actually surprised at her english, I thought she wasn't able to speak it at all. She also said that she enjoys playing for ECZ, especially with her tutor Neslihan Demir, apparently they have a great chemistry and she and Hande Baladin learn a lot from Neslihan Demir.

This woman also interviewed with Kreklow, Kim Hill, Slöetjes, Gizem Orge and Ferhat Akbat who everyone is in love with :D through this season so far, hopefully we see Buijs, Leys and Mihajlovic.

• Well she studied English 5 years in primary and 4 years in high school so she must know..

• Well she studied English 5 years in primary and 4 years in high school so she must know..

Ah! That's like a weekly tv show, she interviews a different volleyball player each and takes them to somewhere, they often cook or bake. She usually choses players from Vakifbank and Eczacibasi. Didn't see many of Fenerbahce's players and only Gamze was interviewed from Galatasaray I think. Ah and Özgenur from Sariyer Belediyesi was interviewed recently.

Btw, Daikin seems to sponsor Galatasaray volleyball team again and also sponsored their new hall which opened last weekend. Galatasaray will play against Vakifbank this weekend in the new hall and players looked really positive about it already.

• I'm not sure if any of you also follow this woman's youtube channel (I myself don't really watch Turkish domestic league), she interviews with a lot of players and I find them very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9YXqgsWyCE

I think this show is broadcasted for few years. I watched the interviews with Glinka, Harmotto, Montano, Poljak, Veljković. Sometimes that's really funny.

• After a total collapse in the 1st set, Galatasaray started the 2nd set much better. Gamze is probably having her worst performance of the season, she looks really nervous for a reason :aww:

• Buijs killed her team when she missed that easy hit at set and 23:21up .. they never recovered since

It was a horrible hit. She just wanted to show off and tried to hit on 3 meter line and it really ruined them.

Now referees are making a chaos at the court for both teams.

• GsD showed that the final playoffs will be more interesting than last year. They might finish 3rd in the playoffs and make one of the contenders lose the title.

The game against Vakifbank was really interesting. 1st set Vakifbank dominated, 2nd, 3rd and half of the 4th sets were dominated by GsD, then Vakifbank came back with an amazing performance in tie-break. To me all this up and downs can be explained by the similarity of two teams, both are trying to play with middles and fast balls to spikers. Vakifbank's advantage is having Buijs on attacking who can hit high sets like a man while she is also their disadvantage, receiving bad. Besides, Vakifbank could change things by substitutions, first Seda was tried for Slöetjes which didn't work well; then Melis replaced Kubra and actually made much better blocks and Kim Hill did amazing replacing Buijs.

That's unfortunately a big problem for GsD, a really bad bench. Jackson played a really bad game, attacking only 38% (10/26) but there was noone who could replace her. Same with Guldeniz, she had a bad day in attacking and Ezgi replacing her didn't do any better. Even Mislina was tried for Centoni which ended up really bad. From GsD's side, Gamze was extremely nervous in the 1st set but then simply ruined Vakifbank for the following 2.5 sets. I really like the way she plays, if only she had a better scoring MB than Jackson yesterday like Rasic, things would be different. I love that Asli Kalac has a standard, she doesn't play with 70% attacking but she is often around 50% and makes really good blocks and serves well. Leys was the only reliable spiker yesterday for GsD, until the referee claimed her spike was out which was actually 1 meter in. After that, she looked lost on the court as well. In every way, I love this team, it is always a pleasure to watch them and see how ambitious they are. By the way, Daikin recently sponsored the team again, I assume they are aiming for a champions league level team next season.