Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• Conegliano won away in 4 set over Modena.

Hodge and Ortolani leaded the team. Robinson struggled more than usual. Glass so so. Adams so so, but making great blocks in the end. Barazza not used in attack, but very solid as blocker. De Gennaro consistent.

Modena was insosistent with the OHs. Diouf and Folie so so. Very well Ferretti and Heyrman. Good Arcangeli.

When Conegliano runs, no one can hold that rythm :!:

• Yeah Brcic didn't play two last matches. I think she was sick.

• New win by Novara against Busto 3:0.
    Top scorer: Samanta Fabris 20 points (2 blocks, 1 as and 17 from attack 50%) She didn't play full 3rd set. ^^

• I hope Guidetti is watching what's happening in Scandicci.

Judith Pietersen scored 31 points (52%) and received 30 balls with 67% + and 50% ++. Who does he need Grothues anymore? She is amazing! Wing spiker seems to be her natural position, not middle blocker or opposite.

Bahar Toksoy 17 points 12 spikes (71%)/4 blocks/1 ace. And we have to watch Kubra and her "nice" attitude on court for VakifBank and NT... :whistle:

• Judith is indeed playing a very good season so far as OH. She's an excellent multi player, well okay she probably won't manage to be a world classed player, but still being capable of playing three positions on a decent level would keep her spot.

Btw, don't forget Grothues is also playing pretty well in Poland, which is a positive sign of Guidetti.

• Judith is indeed playing a very good season so far as OH. She's an excellent multi player, well okay she probably won't manage to be a world classed player, but still being capable of playing three positions on a decent level would keep her spot.

Btw, don't forget Grothues is also playing pretty well in Poland, which is a positive sign of Guidetti.

Against world class NTs Netherlands need fire on from wing spikers. Meijners in place of Buijs and Pietersen in place of Grothues could be an amazing duo. I don't like both Grothues and Buijs. Plak is another classy spiking OH, but her passing is still terrible.

• Against world class NTs Netherlands need fire on from wing spikers. Meijners in place of Buijs and Pietersen in place of Grothues could be an amazing duo. I don't like both Grothues and Buijs. Plak is another classy spiking OH, but her passing is still terrible.

And so is Meijners' passing.

Actually it's a luxury problem of Guidetti. All his OHs are doing well right now. Plak is the one who can do best but can also do worst, it changes weekly. Buijs is not spectacular but doing a good job in Vakifbank, same for Grothues in Sopot. Pietersen's strong performance comes a bit as surprise, she already showed flashes of it in summer but it was questionable whether she would be capable of playing well as receiving OH over a longer period. At the moment the answer seems yes.

Against world class NTs Netherlands need fire on from wing spikers. Meijners in place of Buijs and Pietersen in place of Grothues could be an amazing duo. I don't like both Grothues and Buijs. Plak is another classy spiking OH, but her passing is still terrible.

Do not forget about Celeste Plak, she had today 63 % in attack and 27 points :box:

• Meijners is not interested in playing NT sadly. The last time she played was in 2007, when Holland won WGP for the 1st time and to be completely honest I don't think she's going to add big differences to the team. Buijs is doing a good job at her club and I see she's improving her reception match by match.

• Meijners is not interested in playing NT sadly. The last time she played was in 2007, when Holland won WGP for the 1st time and to be completely honest I don't think she's going to add big differences to the team. Buijs is doing a good job at her club and I see she's improving her reception match by match.

I don't see that She is improving her reception, in attacks she had improve a lot but her reception is still :?:

They cover her a lot in reception, and She only recive easy balls and still making errors.
    So if you want to stop her you just need to serve on her.

• I hope Guidetti is watching what's happening in Scandicci.

Judith Pietersen scored 31 points (52%) and received 30 balls with 67% + and 50% ++. Who does he need Grothues anymore? She is amazing! Wing spiker seems to be her natural position, not middle blocker or opposite.

Bahar Toksoy 17 points 12 spikes (71%)/4 blocks/1 ace. And we have to watch Kubra and her "nice" attitude on court for VakifBank and NT... :whistle:

Guidetti sent a tweet about the match, about an hour ago, so he definitely knows about Judith's performance...

Judith is doing great lately, but nobody knows wether she is capable of receiving on a stable level during a whole tournament (Ankara-touenament)... Ofcourse, it is an option to put her in starting-six...if her reception would go down, Grothues could replace her...

I don't understand people still talk about Meijners, concerning Dutch NT :sos: :aww: ..as Emil already said, she hasn't played for Dutch NT since 2007....and I'm 99% sure she will not in the future anymore...1. she isn't better than the others 2. she doesn't want to spend a whole summer in the gym. Case closed :read:

• Pomi is definitely in crisis, losing after being 2-0 up is bad. 18 errors in attack is too many. Lloyd seems to have lost her connection with MBs and judging by the stats Kozuch played her first bad match after a while.
    Novara is rebounding on the other hand, but it still seems like no one except Fabris can put the ball down there.

• I also don't understand the hype around Meijners. First of all she is an awful receiver, and an awful digger.. like she can't defend properly an easy ball when back court. Second she is not that great at attack.. she may had a very good season in Piacenza when she had Lucia to receive besides her.. however she was just bad last season in Turkey and is so so this year.. had some good matches, but some bad too. Apart from this she hasn't played for her NT in 8 years, neither has shown interest.. Netherlands right now has Buijs, Plak and apparently Pietersen as attacking OHs, who are younger and have time to improve, especially 21 years old Plak. So I just don't see a place for her, even if she wanted to play for her NT. I also don't understand the underrating of Buijs.. like she is not Kosheleva, she is not a great passer for sure but does her job very nice so far in Vakif.. she is there to score and does that

• Pomi is definitely in crisis, losing after being 2-0 up is bad. 18 errors in attack is too many. Lloyd seems to have lost her connection with MBs and judging by the stats Kozuch played her first bad match after a while.
    Novara is rebounding on the other hand, but it still seems like no one except Fabris can put the ball down there.

Piccinini had a minor injury, losing a match an playing just half of the following one (where the team was in trouble), so Casalmaggiore had to deal with her poor shape in the last matches, since they know their bench is short...

• 10th round

Novara - Busto Arsizio 3-0 (25-21 25-23 25-17)
    Fabris 20, Rousseaux 9, Chirichella 8 (75% att.) / Lowe 16, Thiebault 7
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81909

Great game by Fabris. Rousseaux seems more stable in passing and she replaced Cruz very well. C. Bosetti comeback was not so great. Bad day in attack for Guiggi and Malesevic.
    On the other side, nothing worked. Yilmaz (7% att!!!).

Modena - Conegliano 1-3 (25-21 25-21 25-23 25-22)
    Diouf 19, DI Iulio 15, Heyrman 14 (61% att.) / Adams 17 (56% att, 6 blocks), Robinson 16, Easy 16
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81910

Nice game. Great game by Heyrman but she wasn't enough. Horvath with a bad day. Conegliano is an ok team and super powerful :box: :box:

Piacenza - Bolzano 3-0 (25-13 25-22 25-22)
    Pascucci 13, Bauer 13, Belien 10 (60% att.), Sorokaite 10 / Martinez 17, Mari 12, Garzaro 8 (70% att.)
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81911

Pascucci and Petrucci replace Meijners and Ognjenovic very well :cup: . Belien and Bauer is a great duo MBs. I didn't like at all Marcon :down:
    Bolzano is a bit lost. They lack a 2nd OH, Ikic isn't really good :aww: Manzano too.

Montichiari - Bergamo 1-3 (25-20 17-25 20-25 19-25)
    Tomsia 19, Gioli 11, Brinker 10 / Plak 26 (57% att.), Barun 18, Gennari 9, Aelbrecht 9
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81912

Finally a win for Bergamo, Plak on fire. Paggi had a bad game and replaced well by Frigo. Lo Bianco played awesome like always :flower:
    Montichiari with a bad night for Barcellini (12% att.).

Scandicci - Casalmaggiore 3-2 (25-27 23-25 25-14 27-25 15-7)
    Pietersen 31 (52% att.), Toksoy 17 (71% att.), Stufi 13 (53% att.) / Kozuch 19, Stevanovic 18, Piccinini 10
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81913

Great comeback for Scandicci. Pietersen and Toksoy (finally!) on fire :rolll:
    On casalmaggiore side, they wasted a match point. Bad game for Tirozzi (17% att.) and by Kozuch compared to other match. Piccinini isn't help a lot the team for her health problem.

Club Italia - Firenze 3-0 (25-15 25-17 25-23)
    Egonu 24 (54% att.), Piani 10, Danesi 9 / Calloni 14, Turlea 13, Negrini 6
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81914

Another win for Club Italia :woohoo: Superb game by Egonu :dance4: , she will be the star of Italy NT, let's wait 3-4 years :D Orro is a much more good setter that Malinov :kiss:
    Nightmare night for Firenze, who cannot win anymore. Bad game for Vanzurova and Van De Vyver, replace well by Mazzini. Calloni and Turlea only players who fight until the end but wasn't enough.

Rest: Vicenza

STANDINGS

1. Conegliano 21
    2. Novara 21
    3. Casalmaggiore 20
    4. Piacenza 20
    5. Modena 17
    6. Scandicci 16
    7. Bergamo 13
    8. Montichiari 12
    9. Busto Arsizio 12
    10. Vicenza 10
    11. Club Italia 9
    12. Bolzano 6
    13. Firenze 3

• I don't see that She is improving her reception, in attacks she had improve a lot but her reception is still :?:

They cover her a lot in reception, and She only recive easy balls and still making errors.
    So if you want to stop her you just need to serve on her.

Well, I started to watch Anne since she was a newbie in NT and compared to those times her reception is pretty decent right now, especially if you consider the pressure she gets playing for such a big club like Vakifbank. And I like the way she wants to learn and improve, as far as I know after 13-14 season she wanted to stay in Busto but the club didn't want her to be part of passing and then she decided to leave ;)