KOVO 2015/2016 - South Korean League

• The playoff schedule is now set up. KGC, Korea EX, GS Caltex didn't make it.

March 11 Hyundai : Heungkuk life insurance
    March 13 Heungkuk life insurance : Hyundai
    March 15 Hyundai : Heungkuk life insurance (if needed)

The winner will play against IBK in the final.

It looks like all the americans apart from Emily Hartong and Khat Bell got injured while playing in the Korean league which shows their responsibility in attack is still huge :white: (Remember Montano, Vasileva, Rahimova and Nicole Fawcett...)Taylor Simpson (Heungkuk) had left right after her injury, also Leslie Cikra and Lizz Mcmahon got injured (both in their finger). Hayley Spelman apparently played an awesome season despite her shoulder injury, her teammates were a nightmare except for their libero.

All in all, playing in Korea for such young and inexperienced american players must be a severe work.

• I love Korean Volleyball. But this league is such a "waste", making a team about only 1 player is a joke.

And having only americans and that he havent even heard about them before made this season unwatchable.

And I think next season they will keep only americanas again, and on the men`s side will be only americans also.

I guess I will skip the Kovo league next season as well.

• I think they're going to changed it. There's no limit in nationality and age for the men's division while in the women's division they're going to add Dominican Rep., Puerto Rico, Canada, Cuba and Mexico aside from USA in the nationality and the girls must be under 26(born after May 1, 1990).

• Hyundai beat Heungkuk life insurance on the playoffs and are going to play against IBK for the champion trophy.
    Lizz McMahon has an injured finger, not certain that she would dare to play.

I really wonder if any decent american college players would be interested in Korean league's try-out this year, they rely on the foreign player way too much and it definitely causes physical issues.

• Hyundai beat Heungkuk life insurance on the playoffs and are going to play against IBK for the champion trophy.
    Lizz McMahon has an injured finger, not certain that she would dare to play.

I really wonder if any decent american college players would be interested in Korean league's try-out this year, they rely on the foreign player way too much and it definitely causes physical issues.

Did you see the salary for getting past the tryouts? $130,000 or $150,000. Better than playing in a lower level league in Europe, which has more competition for positions. Use it as a building point to move to better leagues, hopefully at higher pay.

• Did you see the salary for getting past the tryouts? $130,000 or $150,000. Better than playing in a lower level league in Europe, which has more competition for positions. Use it as a building point to move to better leagues, hopefully at higher pay.

And did you see how much they rely on the americans? It definitely may cause injuries I'm afraid. Spleman's teammates were awful and she had to play alone all the time for example.

• Does anybody know where I can find the list of all players invited for tryouts?
    Top 5 Female Invitees
    1. Tabitha Love (Canada, OP&OH)
    2. Alexa Gray (Canada, OH)
    3. Brayelin Elizabeth Martínez (Dominican Rep, OH)
    4. Yunieska Robles (Cuba, OH)
    5. Daly Santana (Puerto Rico, OH)

• I found the same names + Steven Morales as first choice for the men's teams. As far as I know they already made the first cut, so number of players on try-outs is reduced.

• When are the try-outs being held? Love is now playing in Germany and we don't know how her team will end up their season.
    It seems like the Koreans agreed to have more players from various countries not only from US.

• According to FPV they have been watching the players before the first cut, only 24 will actually take part at the tryouts: girls will be in Anaheim (27-29 april) and guys in Seul (11-13 may).

Source

• Martinez would be the perfect player to play in Korea, but would be the worst place for her to play. She would be hitting 9 of 10 balls with no block. She should stay in Italy.

Also worldofvolleyball.com says, all those players did signed up for it, but doens`t mean they are going to the try out for sure.

This try out just makes no sense, they alreday know all these players, they could just pick who they want..

• List of Tryouts Participants:
    Tabitha Love (Canada, OP)
    Alexa Gray (Canada,OH)
    Daly Santana (Puerto Rico, OH)
    Jordanne Scott (USA, OP)
    Alicia Perrin (Canada, MB/OP)
    Erica Wilson (USA, OP/OH)
    Casie Gano (Canada, OP/MB)
    Hillary Hurley (USA, OP)
    Jennifer Keddy (USA, MB)
    Alexandra Warren (USA, OP)
    Elizabeth Campbell (USA, OH)
    Samantha Middleborn (USA, MB/OP)
    Alaina Bergsma (USA, OP)
    Nikki Attea (USA, OP)
    Madison Kingdon (USA, OH)
    Molly McCage (USA, MB)
    Sara McClinton (USA, OH/OP)
    Courtney Felinski (USA, OH)
    Emily Sklar (USA, OH)
    Alexis Mathews (USA, MB/OP)
    Nicol Walch (USA, OH)
    Royal Richardson (Canada, OH)
    Rachel Todorovich (USA, OH)
    NB: Only 23 participants, originally 24 participants but due to visa issue for Jessica Rivero, she was unable to attend*.
    Sources: 1, 2 (Pictures of participants and interviews of some of the participants)

I feel like one team is going to sign Alaina Bergsma..

She seem like she really want to play in S.Korea. She missed out last year and with only 4 spot left this year her odds are even worst than the previous year.

And I feel like one team will sign Tabitha Love, because they showed her during the whole video.

Based upon the translation of the title of this article Tabitha will most likely be the number 1 draft pick.

• indeed, Daly Santana became MVP of Puerto Rican league :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game