Japan - V.Premier League 2015-2016

• Challenge Matches

Denso 0-3 PFU (16-25, 19-25, 22-25)
    PFU leads series 3 points to 0, needs only to win one set to be promoted

Ageo 0-3 JT (21-25, 16-25, 24-26)
    JT leads series 3 points to 0, needs only to win one set to be promoted

Denso Airybees: Mizuho Ishida 13 (1a), Riho Ohtake 11 (1b, 2a), Yurie Nabeya 8 (2a), Mia Jerkov 5, Risa Ishii 4, Nanaka Sakamoto 4.
    PFU Blue Cats: Yukiko Ebata 21, Satoe Mitsuhashi 17 (1b, 1a), Jennifer Doris 12 (1b, 1a), Saori Uda 5 (1b, 1a), Yoshiko Yano 4 (3b), Hiroko Matsuura 3 (2b).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6KfkQ6OdRE, stats

Ageo Medics: Kelly Murphy 17 (1b), Yuki Araki 12 (2b), Erika Araki 9 (4b), Shiho Kondoh 7 (1a), Ayaka Matsumoto 3 (1b), Koyomi Tominaga 1 (1b), Yuko Maruyama 1.
    JT Marvelous: Mizuki Tanaka 18, Ayumi Nakamura 15 (2b, 1a), Onuma Sittirak 11 (1b, 1a), Aika Akutagawa 10 (2b), Mai Okumura 7 (2b), Misaki Takana 1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ajxepd_T_8, stats

Erika Araki and Kelly Murphy have been their best players this year but after that the team has dropped off. Their 3rd place was odd but with the new Final 6 system they benefitted from their regular season points last year.

JT really put in an effort to get back to the top league. Albeit taking 2 years to get back, if they win one set tomorrow

Totally forgot Ageo came 3rd last season, things change so quickly in a year. I think both Ageo and Denso will have trouble avoiding relegation, especially with the way both JT and PFU are performing. Also Ebata had a great game against Denso, scoring 21 points (from 36 attempts @ 58.3% including 8 back attack kills from 12 attempts @ 66.7%).

• When is Toray vs Hisamitu Springs?

• I am traveling for work so I can't easily do the player stats, so thank you theloneracer for doing that.

Final 3 Match
    Toray 2-3 Hisamitsu (20-25, 30-28, 21-25, 25-20, 10-15)

Final Match
    Hisamitsu vs. Hitachi

• Challenge Matches
    Denso 3-1 PFU (25-16, 25-20, 23-25, 25-17)
    PFU and Denso tie on 3 points, but PFU wins series on sets ratio 4-3 to be promoted to Premier League, Denso is relegated to Challenge League I

Ageo 0-3 JT (18-25, 23-25, 21-25)
    JT wins series 6 points to 0, JT is promoted to Premier League, Ageo is relegated to Challenge League I

• I am traveling for work so I can't easily do the player stats, so thank you theloneracer for doing that.

Final 3 Match
    Toray 2-3 Hisamitsu (20-25, 30-28, 21-25, 25-20, 10-15)

Final Match
    Hisamitsu vs. Hitachi

Thank you too brahmin for posting the match results and stats all the time. :thumbup:

Toray Arrows: Saori Sakoda 32 (1b), Nozomi Itoh 16 (3b, 1a), Saori Kimura 14, Saki Minemura 8 (1b, 2a), Kaho Ohno 6 (3b), Arisa Takada 5 (2b), Kanami Tashiro 3, Wakaba Sugihara 1 (1a).
    Hisamitsu Springs: Miyu Nagaoka 25 (3b), Yuki Ishii 19 (2b), Nana Iwasaka 17 (9b), Risa Shinnabe 15 (2b, 1a), Yumi Mizuta 5 (3b), Rika Nomoto 4 (2b), Ayano Nakaoji 2 (2a).
    stats

What a excellent blocking performance from Iwasaka, 9 blocks :super: . I really hope she would return to play for the NT again this year. Japan WNT could really use with the extra height in front of the net.

Challenge Matches
    Denso 3-1 PFU (25-16, 25-20, 23-25, 25-17)
    PFU and Denso tie on 3 points, but PFU wins series on sets ratio 4-3 to be promoted to Premier League, Denso is relegated to Challenge League I

Ageo 0-3 JT (18-25, 23-25, 21-25)
    JT wins series 6 points to 0, JT is promoted to Premier League, Ageo is relegated to Challenge League I

Denso Airybees: Mizuho Ishida 21 (1b, 3a), Mia Jerkov 12 (1b), Riho Ohtake 11 (3b), Yurie Nabeya 11 (1b), Nanaka Sakamoto 6, Risa Ishii 6 (1a), Airi Tahara 4 (2b, 2a), Chitose Nakagawa 4, Suzuka Hashimoto 3 (2b).
    PFU Blue Cats: Yukiko Ebata 27, Jennifer Doris 10 (2b), Satoe Mitsuhashi 10, Hiroko Matsuura 4 (1b), Saori Uda 4, Yoshiko Yano 3 (1b), Mao Kawakami 2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNhOssXJsXQ stats

Ageo Medics: Kelly Murphy 11, Erika Araki 9 (2b), Ayaka Matsumoto 5 (3b), Kyōko Aoyagi 4, Yuko Maruyama 4 (1b), Koyomi Tominaga 4 (1b, 3a), Shiho Kondoh 4, Shiho Yoshimura 3, Yuki Araki 2, Nozomi Tsuchida 1 (1a).
    JT Marvelous: Ayumi Nakamura 17 (2b, 3a), Mizuki Tanaka 15 (1a), Mai Okumura 12 (3b, 1a), Aika Akutagawa 9 (4b), Onuma Sittirak 9, Misaki Takana 1 (1a).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgajzXq_Neg stats

• What a excellent blocking performance from Iwasaka, 9 blocks :super: . I really hope she would return to play for the NT again this year. Japan WNT could really use with the extra height in front of the net.

Her skill only works in domestic league, i guess. Iwasaka couldnt even properly block those 1,7m wing spikers from Thailand and Taiwan in the last Asia club championship. After watching her mediocre performance at that tournament, i literally lost all the hope on her appearance in Brazil next summer. She is much slower in attack than other national team MBs as well so i do not expect to see her again in national team.

The two MBs of JT played really well in the last two matches but they are, like, at the same height of Yamaguchi. Cant find any decent and tall MB at domestic league at the moment except Araki!! Truly hope she can join in national team this summer :love: .

• Final Match, March 12, 2016

Hisamitsu Springs 3-1 Hitachi Rivale (21-25, 25-23, 25-19, 25-17)
    Hisamitsu Springs are the 2015/2016 V.League Champions (5th Championship)

Miyu Nagaoka (Hisamitsu) 23, Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu) 23 (1b), Yuki Ishii (Hisamitsu) 14 (1b), Nana Iwasaka (Hisamitsu) 6 (2b), Yumi Mizuta (Hisamitsu) 6 (3b), Ayano Nakaohji (Hisamitsu) 2 (1a), Kotoki Zayasu (Hisamitsu) L, Rika Nomoto (Hisamitsu) sub 2, Risa Ishibashi (Hisamitsu) sub 1 (1a), Erika Sakae (Hisamitsu) sub 0, Mana Toe (Hisamitsu) sub L
    Lauren Paolini (Hitachi) 22 (3b), Hisae Watanabe (Hitachi) 14 (1b, 1a), Nanami Inoue (Hitachi) 13 (3b), Moemi Tohi (Hitachi) 9, Mami Uchiseto (Hitachi) 8 (1a), Miya Satoh (Hitachi) 0, Arisa Sato (Hitachi) L, Mirei Sasaki (Hitachi) sub 4, Mai Hikichi (Hitachi) sub 1 (1a), Megumi Kurihara (Hitachi) sub 0, Naoko Hashimoto (Hitachi) sub 0

• I feel sorry for Lauren the Hirachi Rivale fairy tale ended this way in a final. Too bad they let Ebata go. With some extra power from her they could be way better team. On the other side, after a strange season, Hisamitsu Springs are back as champions. Last season they dominated the whole torunament before falling in final, this season they did the opposite.

Individual awards?

• I feel sorry for Lauren the Hirachi Rivale fairy tale ended this way in a final. Too bad they let Ebata go. With some extra power from her they could be way better team. On the other side, after a strange season, Hisamitsu Springs are back as champions. Last season they dominated the whole torunament before falling in final, this season they did the opposite.

Individual awards?

I'll get to them tomorrow, just got back last night from a business trip. So, trying to catch up on stuff at home.

• Here are the awards.
    Regular Season Individual Awards:
    MVP: Miyu Nagaoka (Hisamitsu Springs)
    Fighting Spirit: Miya Sato (Hitachi Rivale)
    Best Scorer: Polina Rahimova (Toyota Auto Body)
    Best Spiker: Tori Dixon (Toray Arrows)
    Best Blocker: Erika Araki (Ageo Medics)
    Best Server: Polina Rahimova (Toyota Auto Body)
    Best Receiver: Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu Springs)

BEST 6
    Polina Rahimova (Toyata Auto Body)
    Saori Sakoda (Toray Arrows)
    Miyu Nagaoka (Hisamitsu Springs)
    Lauren Paolini (Hitachi Rivale)
    Nana Iwasaka (Hisamitsu Springs)
    Miya Sato (Hitachi Rivale)

Best Libero: Arisa Sato
    Best Rookie/Newcomer: Sarina Koga (NEC Red Rockets)

Final's MVP: Risa Shinnabe

Who else want Shinnabe, Ebata, Arisa Sato and Araki to be back in the NT?? And maybe Miya Sato too?

• Hisamitsu basically did not look like they deserved to make the Final 3 after their first 3 matches, but they had to win 4 straight matches to win the title, which they did.

They have a great core of players, and I have them as the favorites to win next year. Toray will drop a little if Saori Kimura does retire (has not announced it yet, but from her expressions after the Final 3 loss, it is expected).

Hitachi should stay where they are with a good core. NEC should improve with Koga getting more experience this summer. JT Marvelous will be a threat because they dominated Challenge I this year. Okayama I think will be fighting to stay out of the relegation zone. Toyota Auto Body will be in the same boat, they can't set Rahimova all the time right? PFU with a healthy Ebata will cause problems as well.

Nagaoka was by far the best player in the league. Koga fell back, this could be due to the fact that she just turned pro last season, so this was her first full season as a pro.

• Anyone knows if Rahimova will stay in Japan for next season?

Toyota usually pays well, so if they wanted to keep her, I don't think she'd leave, unless she really wanted to. She was probably on a one year contract, but probably a team option for a second year.

• Just saw this today. Yoshie Takeshita, will be moving into the head coach position with a brand new club based in Himeji, Hyogo Prefecture called Victorina Himeji.

This club will start in 2017 in the Challenge 2 League (2 below Premier League), but will start playing as a club this July in Emperor's Cup prefectural qualifying matches.

In addition to being the head coach of the new club, she's also raising her 1 year old son too.