2013 FIVB World Tour

• Brazil won first gold after new system!

Congratulations to Talita/Taiana! :cup: They defeated Doris and Stefanie Schwaigers [AUT] (21-13, 21-11) in 34 minutes.
    Maria Clara/Carol won bronze medal against Madelein Meppelink/Sophie van Gestel [NED] ( 16-21, 21-19, 15-8 ). Congrats to Maria and Carol too! :drink:
    Happy day to brazilian volleyball! :thumbsup:

• Globo.com interviewed Juliana today and she rated new beach volleyball system as weird. She said that it empowers coaches instead of players. There's no conversation anymore and players must obey coaches decisions.
    I saw Kerri Walsh saying during an interview that players want to discuss this situation and try an agreement with FIVB.

• Globo.com interviewed Juliana today and she rated new beach volleyball system as weird. She said that it empowers coaches instead of players. There's no conversation anymore and players must obey coaches decisions.
    I saw Kerri Walsh saying during an interview that players want to discuss this situation and try an agreement with FIVB.

and cause of the interview she was cutted from Nt.

This new rule is absurd...to give so much power to federations.

The biggest mistake in that rule for me, is cause FIVB can stop with many players careers.

They want to bring indoor volleyball and beach volleyball closer, but they forget beach volleyball dont have "club" season where players can win their money dispite NT. Beach volleyball players depend on the World Tour to live by their sport, to win money from it. So the players should be aloud to play the tournament on their own.

Now what. Juliana was cut from Nt, so she cant play beach volleyball anymore? I mean she cant live from her work?

In indoor volleyball, if a player dont want to play for their NT, or if the coach dont want them, they can still live from the sport in clubs.

Plus, how new teams can win experience to become better If they cant play internationaly unless their federation call them?

I dont know why they needed to make changes in things that were working well. :thumbdown:

• Same thing, jo. And I add something: if two teams play against each other, who will the coach be ? How can they plan a strategy? He makes a strategy with a team and then will build with the opponent another one? Logically he'll betray one team. :thumbdown:
    Juliana is right. This system is weird and give a lot of power to one person. Beach volleyball is no democracy anymore and became tyranny. If I am blind, deaf and dumb, right! I can play. If I criticize new system they cut me.
    She only can play during national competitions now. It means she has her money, talent and career cut off too. :wall:

• Same thing, jo. And I add something: if two teams play against each other, who will the coach be ? How can they plan a strategy? He makes a strategy with a team and then will build with the opponent another one? Logically he'll betray one team. :thumbdown:
    Juliana is right. This system is weird and give a lot of power to one person. Beach volleyball is no democracy anymore and became tyranny. If I am blind, deaf and dumb, right! I can play. If I criticize new system they cut me.
    She only can play during national competitions now. It means she has her money, talent and career cut off too. :wall:

Exactly..said everything!

• Sorry but I think I have missed the article about the changes.

Can you tell me what are these? Or link in the article so I can read it?

Thank you!

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Corrientes Grand Slam
    (some results)

Qualification - Round 2
    Maria Clara/Carol[BRA] 2:0 Klopf/Teufl V.[AUT] (21:15, 21:15) 0:34
    Forrer/Vergé-Dépré[SUI] 1:2 Pavan/Bansley[CAN] (21:14, 27:29, 13:15) 0:54 :woohoo: Go Sarah! Go Uni! :lol:

Corrientes poster featured Juliana. Marcos Miranda and CBV principals weren't there. Why?:whistle:

Thank you!

About changes: http://sportv.globo.com/site/e…onvocadas-nas-etapas.html

Kerri Walsh interview: http://sportv.globo.com/site/e…adelo-de-brasileiros.html

PS: Can you understand portuguese?

Thank you!

Well, there were a few changes like the schdule and GRand Slams and Opens...but the main change was that now the Federations are the ones responsable to send the players to each tournament.

Before, the teams with their sponsors paid whatever needed to play each tournament and go...not there is a "National Team" system. The Federation pay the entering costs and everything and send the players list to the tournament.

So, in theory the new rule gives more power to the National Federations over the athletes.

I think most countries, that didnt make much changes, cause the Federations respected the teams that were already playing and their coaches...but here in Brazil is different now.

Cause of this new rule, CBV elected two coaches that are now NT coaches and they call from time to time the players that will participate in NT and make the teams that will play each tournament. So for example for the girls, Maria Elisa this week is playing with Agatha, but next week in the World Cup Final she will play with Talita. The players have to report to NT training center before going to the tournaments.

• Corrientes Grand Slam
    (some results)

Pool A
    Maria Clara/Carol[BRA] 0:2 Schwaiger D./Schwaiger S.[AUT] (15:21, 14:21) 0:36

Pool B
    Kessy/Ross[USA] 2:0 Graiño/Di Cesare[ARG] (21:11, 21:13) 0:33

Pool C
    Holtwick/Semmler[GER] 2:1 Pavan/Bansley[CAN] (21:13, 20:22, 15:10) 0:44
    Cicolari/Orsi Toth[ITA] 0:2 Pavan/Bansley[CAN] (16:21, 12:21) 0:31

Pool F
    Agatha/Antonelli[BRA] 2:1 Lili/Seixas[BRA] (22:24, 21:17, 16:14) 1:02

Pool G
    Talita/Lima[BRA] 2:1 Köhler/Schumacher[GER] (19:21, 21:16, 15:10) 0:50

Pool matches end tomorrow.

• Corrientes Grand Slam

3rd place
    Maria Clara/Carol[BRA] 2:1 Kessy/Ross[USA] (21:16, 19:21, 15:13) 0:54

Final
    Meppelink/van Gestel[NED] 2:0 Agatha/Antonelli[BRA] (21:17, 21:19) 0:39 :cup:

Meppelink/van Gestel[NED] earned their first FIVB gold medal. Big congrats! :drink: They showed a solid game and gave no quarter to the opponents. This pair seems to have a bright future.

• World Cup Final
    (some results)

Pool A
    Antonelli/Talita[BRA] 2:0 Seerungen/Bauda[MRI] (21:6, 21:4) 0:23
    Antonelli/Talita[BRA] 2:0 Bansley/Maloney[CAN] (21:12, 21:10) 0:31

Pool B
    Ross/Kessy[USA] 2:0 Gallay/Zonta[ARG] (21:17, 21:16) 0:37
    Ross/Kessy[USA] 2:0 Bawden/Clancy[AUS] (21:16, 21:19) 0:33

• World Cup Final

Semi-finals
    Ross-Kessy[USA] 2:1 Holtwick-Semmler[GER] (21:23, 21:17, 16:14) 0:58
    German pair was close to win but americans came back at the end.

Antonelli-Talita[BRA] 2:0 Bawden-Clancy[AUS] (21:15, 21:19) 0:38

Favourites BRA and USA will play for the crown tomorrow.

• World Cup Final

3rd place
    Holtwick-Semmler[GER] 2:1 Bawden-Clancy[AUS] (16:21, 21:19, 15:10) 0:49

Final
    Ross-Kessy[USA] 0:2 Antonelli-Talita[BRA] (21:23, 12:21) 0:41

Congratulations to Antonelli and Talita! :drink: Second set was simple amazing. :obey:

• The Hague Grand Slam

3rd place
    Van der Vlist/Wesselink [NED] 0-2 Holtwick/Semmler [GER] (12:21, 14:21)

Final
    Talita/Lima [BRA] 2-0 Maria Clara/Carol [BRA] (21:16, 21:13)

Congratulations to Talita/Lima and Maria Clara/Carol! :drink:

• Rome Grand Slam

3rd place
    Borger/Büthe [GER] 0:2 Lili/Seixas [BRA] (17:21, 19:21)

Final
    Talita/Lima [BRA] 2:1 Kessy/Ross [USA] (21:17, 19:21, 15:12)

Congratulations to Talita/Lima and Lili/Seixas! :drink: World Championship now! :super: