How do I convert VOB to AVI?

• Trying to upload some movies, which I recorded with my DD recorder. The DD has VOB files, which I would like to convert to avi so everyone may view them. Any idea how?

• Thanks! It seems to be working, though it's taking a really long time

• Yeah... it took about 2 hrous to convert 350 mbs. I had another program that did it in 2 minutes, but it had some frickin text in the middle of the video. I could also just upload the VOB files, as you can play them in windows media player just fine.

What is the limit for free megaupload users to download again? Cuz I'll have to chop it into chunks I guess.

I have a farely new quad core computer actually, but still! Frick!

• Yeah... it took about 2 hrous to convert 350 mbs. I had another program that did it in 2 minutes, but it had some frickin text in the middle of the video. I could also just upload the VOB files, as you can play them in windows media player just fine.

What is the limit for free megaupload users to download again? Cuz I'll have to chop it into chunks I guess.

I have a farely new quad core computer actually, but still! Frick!

I've your VOB-files are too large, you can split them up with a tool like WINRAR.
    This is originally a compression tool, analogous to WINZIP. Video files don't compress well, but the benefit lies in the fact that It has this nice feature that allows you to specify what the maximum size should be of the compressed file(s).
    By careful, you have to specify a maximum size in bytes: if you specify a max size of 100000, that's still only 100K and you'll end up with 3500 RAR-files to package a 350MB file.

Can you give a hint of what video's you're about to release?

• I'm familiar with winrar, but was not aware that ti did splitting, so thanks.

I currently recorded, Holland vs Brazil 98 world league, Russia vs Poland ECH 2001, Holland vs Cuba world league 2004 or something, don't remember, Roeselare - Maaseik 2000, Part of Holland Bulgaria from 1999 and some videos of my from when I was 16 :P

• I'm familiar with winrar, but was not aware that ti did splitting, so thanks.

I currently recorded, Holland vs Brazil 98 world league, Russia vs Poland ECH 2001, Holland vs Cuba world league 2004 or something, don't remember, Roeselare - Maaseik 2000, Part of Holland Bulgaria from 1999 and some videos of my from when I was 16 :P

Looking forward to those (assuming you're not going to post videos of yourself ;-) )

• I've posted videos of myself before on this site. It's not just random videos, it's me playing volleyball :) Hopefully I'll have the first video up tonight (can't do it from work).

• I only have the 2004 one and another one from 2000, but have not recorded that last one.

I came home yesterday and converting still wasn't done, since my computer keeps going into sleep mode, which is hard to turn of since it's my company computer :(

• I figured it would be done yesterday evening, but somehow it has start over with the converting again.

I might try ths other application that my colleague suggested: handbreak, but otherwise I'm just uploading the .vob files, since you can just play them in Windows Media player and pretty sure you can in VLC as well.

• Okay I kind of started going crazy with all this stuff messing up, but I finally got 110mbs of the smallest file converted. So as a sample here is a part of the Match betwee Russia and Poland in the 2001 ECH.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A42661L0

The match has a lot of classic players such as (you'll have to pardon my spelling), Yakovlev, Kamuskihk, Kazakov, Tetyukhin
    and Kuleshov and for Poland: Murek, Prygiel, Nowak, Zagummny (of course)and Szerbaniuk (:S).

• hoho, so great, finally it comes.

waiting for other parts.

thanks for this exhausting work.

glad you like it :) I've taken to uploading the .VOB files now, since you ca play them.

• Okay here's the test with the *.VOB file. Please see if you can play it

Part1
    Part2
    Part3

So this is Cuba vs Ned in World League 2004 or something like that. Has players like Poey, Portuondo, Cala, Gonzales and a player I was impressed with: Aldazabal!

Dutch team is sporting Nummerdor and Schuil, Gortzen and a young Bontje.