HeeelMooi's late 90's / early 00's video thread

• I haven't downloaded the files yet, which means I haven't watched the game, but why do you say Russia - Poland from ECH2001. They never played in ECH2001, were in different pools, Poland then moved to 5-8 play-offs and Russia finished 3rd. I am pretty sure they didn't meet in ECH2001, maybe it is another tournament or another year.. not that I want to point out something, still you've done a great job recording and converting these games :)

It's from ECH 2003 ;)

• YavorD: I don't remember when they were from, I'm just guessing. How come you didn't download the matches yet? Not interested, or not able to?

Thanks Justyna :)

• YavorD: I don't remember when they were from, I'm just guessing. How come you didn't download the matches yet? Not interested, or not able to?

Thanks Justyna :)

I cannot because of slow internet connection. It will take a while until I start downloading again. Besides, I already have this game :) They played in ECH2003.

• Where'd you get it?

In rutracker.org there is a whole thread with ECH2003 games, you can download all 8 of them within the same torrent file. It's mostly Russian games, but they recorded the final Italy - France as well.

• Ah okay, well then I know not to upload those, I have a lot of non-Russia games though, so I'll stick to those.

I noticed that I messed up the sound on the Netherlands vs Bulgaria file, but I'll fix it later. I have Brazil vs Netherlands WL 99 (I think) and Czech Republic vs Netherlands recorded and formatted on my harddrive, just need to upload now (at work currently).

• Ah okay, well then I know not to upload those, I have a lot of non-Russia games though, so I'll stick to those.

I noticed that I messed up the sound on the Netherlands vs Bulgaria file, but I'll fix it later. I have Brazil vs Netherlands WL 99 (I think) and Czech Republic vs Netherlands recorded and formatted on my harddrive, just need to upload now (at work currently).

Great! If you have any other games, we would be more than happy to download them :)

• This is one of the matches I've been looking foward to share. It's Holland vs Brazil from what I think is World League 99. It's the pool phase played in Rotterdam.

The Brazilian team plays with Lima and a very young Ricardo (wasn't known at all back then that he wasn't gonna be so good), Max as opposite (but he runs some spectacular first tempo attacks), Nalbert as OH and of course Giba! But I would almost say that this Giba was better than the one from Brazil's golden era. He jumps so much higher here, should be touching at least 350 (instead of the 320 or something now). See 8:30 for a really cool action by Giba. And also Renato Felizardo, who for some reason has a very different attacking / serving technique than he has now, can someone confirm whether it's the same player who played for Cuneo so many years? Sure looks like him.

Dutch side has Lathuhhin as setter, super receiver Nummerdor (OH), powerhouse Gortzen (OH), Bas an de Goor (aka the Michael Jordan of volleyball) (MB), his brother Mike (MB) and Martijn Dieleman as opposite (very talented opposite whose career was ultimately cut short by injuries).

I think this was the first year with the rally point system, but it stil wasn't allowed to have the ball touch the net on serve.

Hope you'll all enjoy: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0C5WKDN6

Oh sorry to say that it is not the full match, but a long summary from Dutch television again.

• I thought that Marshall and Kaziyski are the likes of Michael Jordan in volleyball? Both can make 5th meter pipes :obey:

• Bas van de Goor could also do this actually. But I'm sure every generation has its Michael Jordan. I think they meant him being so good, not necessarily his jump height, even though it was rather impressive for someone of his height (209cm). Actually I went to see the other match live the day after I recorded this Brazil vs Netherladns match and I saw Giba hit a 5th meter backrow spike as well, couldn't believe my eyes at first.

• Here is a shortish clip of Netherlands vs Czech republic, which I think was for qualification for European championships and it took place in 99 (I think). At the beginning of the match Bas van de Goor does a really cool backrow attack on a very unlikely set :) Makes you miss the days that MB were still used from behind the backrow.

Czech republik has a very young Nowak and a very strong opposite whose name I forget.

Netherlands vs Czech Republic ECH Qualification in 99

• Sweeeeeeeet

• Here is a shortish clip of Netherlands vs Czech republic, which I think was for qualification for European championships and it took place in 99 (I think). At the beginning of the match Bas van de Goor does a really cool backrow attack on a very unlikely set :) Makes you miss the days that MB were still used from behind the backrow.

Czech republik has a very young Nowak and a very strong opposite whose name I forget.

Netherlands vs Czech Republic ECH Qualification in 99

Unfortunately, this link is disabled for some reason. Could you check this? Thanks!

• Richard: I was wondering why no one was downloading thsi file. I'll have a look tomorrow when I get home. Also hope to get more stuff up then.

QuraQ14 : No problem :) The idea was to get videos up that no one has seen before. If there are requests for any particular countries that people want to see then ask away. I'll try to get some Polish stuff. Also is anyone interested in the 2003 ECH final where Italy beat France? It's an amazing match, but I just have a feeling that it's probably already up on the internet somewhere.

• Unfortunately, this link is disabled for some reason. Could you check this? Thanks!

I just tried it and it works for me, let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

Czech Republic vs Netherlands

• I just tried it and it works for me, let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

Czech Republic vs Netherlands

Indeed, link works now, thanks.

• Why not upload to youtube? Are there going to be problems with rights?

• Naah could do that as well... whatever people prefer