HeeelMooi's late 90's / early 00's video thread

• Definitely Netherlands vs France. It's a pity that the strong Dutch squad could not advance further than the Quarterfinals at Sydney Olympics. Still it's good to see how this memorable team managed to bring themselves another Olympic dream with their own hands. I remember v.d.Horst had been absent from NT for 4-5 years before 2000?

Thanks in advance for the upload!

• Yep van der Horst came back for the World League before that tournament after haing been away since 95' I think. And he was ery important I think. He was a great blocker and together with Blange was a great atacker too and even his serve was quite decent.

I'm already working on Italy vs Poland, but will do Netherlands France after :)

• Thanks HeeelMooi a lot for your effort! Yes, as far as I remember, van der Horst got the Best Blocker Award for the World League Finals that year. I think 2000 actually may be his best year of performance at NT -- he did have improved compared with his time in the early 90's.

Yep van der Horst came back for the World League before that tournament after haing been away since 95' I think. And he was ery important I think. He was a great blocker and together with Blange was a great atacker too and even his serve was quite decent.

I'm already working on Italy vs Poland, but will do Netherlands France after :)

• Yep he was best blocker.

Anyway, turns out I don't have the whole match of Poland vs Italy here, I only have a portion of the first set, the rest is on a tape back at my parents place. But for now his the first portion of the first set:

Part1
    part2

Italy again with Fei as middle blocker and Bernardi as OH. Poland playing with Murek, Zagumny, Novak and the rest of the names I cannot spell, but it was there best team from back then. Swiderski was in the selection back then, but not sure if he plays here. It's a cool match, with good level of play. Oh Italy also with a young and strong Papi! :) Papi is one of my all time favorites.

• Any thoughts on the matches? I'd love to hear what people think :)

• Great job at promoting volleyball, colleague :drink:

• Here finally is the crown jewel in my volleybal mvies collection. Netherlands vs France in the Sydney OG Qualifier 2000! Epic epic! 4 years of frustration and humiliation all packed into one all over powering performance! I am sure Gortzen caused some bruises that night! Would like to hear what you guys think :)

part1
    part2
    part3
    part4
    part5

• Great thanks, HeeelMooi! 'll post my comments after watching the match.

Here finally is the crown jewel in my volleybal mvies collection. Netherlands vs France in the Sydney OG Qualifier 2000! Epic epic! 4 years of frustration and humiliation all packed into one all over powering performance! I am sure Gortzen caused some bruises that night! Would like to hear what you guys think :)

part1
    part2
    part3
    part4
    part5

• No prob, comments are appreciated :)

There's a summary of the 4 years leading up to match before the actua game btw :)

• Here finally is the crown jewel in my volleybal mvies collection. Netherlands vs France in the Sydney OG Qualifier 2000! Epic epic! 4 years of frustration and humiliation all packed into one all over powering performance! I am sure Gortzen caused some bruises that night! Would like to hear what you guys think :)

part1
    part2
    part3
    part4
    part5

That's how I like em: two competitive teams in a decisive game with something big at stake.
    (I posted a similar qualification game once: Holland - Bulgaria in Ahoy - qualification OS 1992 Barcelona)

I enjoyed very much Chambertin's setting. I like his jump sets: freeze in the air for a fraction of a second and "hide" his set as long as possible.
    Gortzen indeed is impressive in attack: I'm sure whoever was defending, was praying not to get hit in the face.
    Henno looked fitter at that time (he looked a little overweight this season).

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Blangé lifting Marquet's foot under the net (minute 31' something).

In the final set, the French are out of options: the Dutch block is simply too strong.

In the final interview, Blangé calls the French: "those *** (literally: "rotten") arrogant French" (die rot-arrogante Fransen).
    He adds that they absolutely don't deserve to qualify.

Who's still active of all those players: Henno, De Kergret, Dacquin? Nummerdor and Schuyl on the beach.

Thanks man, liked this one.

• Yeah Blangé's 'judo move' was one for the history books, never seen that happen before ever. Not sure if it was intetional, but I wouldn't be surprised. Also the comments at the end just show you how much of a battle this truly was. It was nice to see some voice the feelings we all have during matches like that... obviously not appropriate though.

Glad you liked it. Yeah it was much like the classic Bulgaria - Netherlands game, which I still have on my computer actually.

Anyone notice Granvorka's jump serve? wow.. now there's some power. I heard from people who were in the hall that night that the jump serve indeed was absolutely ridiculous.

Nice to hear about Chambertin's setting, I never really noticed, will watch again.

• Can ypu please upload Bulgaria - Netherlands match from 2006/5 qualificaiton tournament for WCH2006? It seems to be great match :whistle:

• Can ypu please upload Bulgaria - Netherlands match from 2006/5 qualificaiton tournament for WCH2006? It seems to be great match :whistle:

I don't think I have that match, who were in the teams back then?