Brazil - Russia World Championship 1998

• Is this the Bronze Medal Match???

I've downloaded the first set and I'm totally shocked because Brazil was playing like sh** and they were such good players... I wonder what might have happened to them that day.

• But Brazil lost the Bronze Medal Match, didn't it??? And it was against Russia, right? I mean, I don't remember coz I was only 10, so I'm a bit confused

• Quote from "Justyna"

I'm not sure, but I think that isn't bronze medal match. This one which I posted has ended 3:0 (Russia won)

Justyna, you're right , this match corresponds to the preliminary round - Pool C and it was the debut match for both teams (the other teams in the group were Dominican Republic and Germany.

that's why (I'm just guessing) Brazilian players didn't display all their skills....
    anyways they met again in the bronze medal game with the victory again for Russia..... :(

• Thank you all guys for the information... I was so disappointed Brazil lost this tournament because I think this is the best team Brazil has ever had....Well, of course, nowadays the middle blockers are a loooooooooot better and Mari two years ago (Olympic Games) was the best spiker I've ever seen, but I think in terms of team, 98's Brazilian line-up is my favorite...

• Quote from "xopxeech<br>[b

Justyna, you're right , this match corresponds to the preliminary round - Pool C and it was the debut match for both teams (the other teams in the group were Dominican Republic and Germany.
    [/b]

love to take a look into this
    cos i love to watch these 2 teams play though i slightly prefer artamonova :D

• Quote from "danielvanutti"

Thank you all guys for the information... I was so disappointed Brazil lost this tournament because I think this is the best team Brazil has ever had....Well, of course, nowadays the middle blockers are a loooooooooot better and Mari two years ago (Olympic Games) was the best spiker I've ever seen, but I think in terms of team, 98's Brazilian line-up is my favorite...

For me, the best brazilian team ever was the one at the 96 Olympics..... Marcia, Fernanda, Ana Mozer, Ana Paula, Hilma, Ida, Ana Flavia, Leila, Virna... wow, what a team!
    Brazil-Cuba at the semis is one of the most tense matches I ever watched, and I'll never forget such a dramatic turn around for Cuba, including the fight at the end of the match.... I mean , this game became a classic No. one to me.
    Does anybody have this game?

• Quote from "xopxeech"

For me, the best brazilian team ever was the one at the 96 Olympics..... Marcia, Fernanda, Ana Mozer, Ana Paula, Hilma, Ida, Ana Flavia, Leila, Virna... wow, what a team!
    Brazil-Cuba at the semis is one of the most tense matches I ever watched, and I'll never forget such a dramatic turn around for Cuba, including the fight at the end of the match.... I mean , this game became a classic No. one to me.

I have in a low quality, but if you want, I can upload it to you...
    I think you're right, Brazilian 96 team was better but I would still prefer Virna rather than Hilma...

• Quote from "danielvanutti"

I have in a low quality, but if you want, I can upload it to you...
    I think you're right, Brazilian 96 team was better but I would still prefer Virna rather than Hilma...

If you could upload sets 4 & 5 please.
    I recorded this game but when I moved out/moved in I lost it! :(

• Quote from "xopxeech"

If you could upload sets 4 & 5 please.
    I recorded this game but when I moved out/moved in I lost it! :(

I don't have the sets separately...

There are two files only... I can upload the second one but there's probably going to be part of set 3 in it......

• Quote from "fldenis"

K, I think you are confusing... The match on newsgroup you're talking about is 1996_Atlanta_Olympic_Games_-_Cuba_x_Brazil_3rd_set, isn't it?

Well, the thread's title is: "Brazil - Russia World Championship 1998", but at some point the guys are talking about:

For me, the best brazilian team ever was the one at the 96 Olympics...//...wow, what a team!

And that's the game in the group, right?

k.

• Quote from "xopxeech"

could you please explain me how does it work?, not familiar with these binaries, what i'm supposed to do to download them?

At this moment I am giving on another forum a step-by-step explanation about downloading from binary groups. It starts there: http://www.volleyportal.nl/ind…&postorder=asc&&start=540
    There's some talking going on between other users too, so you'll have to scroll thru it for the following steps :wink2:.

k.

• Quote from "kaszanka"

Well, the thread's title is: "Brazil - Russia World Championship 1998", but at some point the guys are talking about:

And that's the game in the group, right?

k.

Yeah you are right K, sorry for this... Please keep the newsgroup going you are doing an awesome work !