USA vs CUBA women indoor 2004 athens pool play

• Quote from "warhorse"

Interesting. My original file is like that too. Luckily I still have the tape. I'll make a new file now.

Thanks for catching that mistake! I'd hate for my digital archive to have crap files in it :)

Ok, looking forward to your new rip. :) By the way, that match seems to be only 2 sets, so it's not complete?

• You are right. There are only two sets. Here is why: The US olympic coverage is horrible! I don't have _any_ complete volleyball matches from the olympics. Stupid NBC wouldn't show any volleyball live; it was all taped. Then, they would mix in other sports in the middle of the volleyball matches rather than show the whole thing! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think they didn't even show the full beach volleyball match where the USA won the women's gold! aaaarggg!!!

Oh, and also they wouldn't say when the volleyball was on. They would have 3 hour blocks of time where they would list the sports out of order, so I would have to tape all 3 hours and search for the 20 minutes of volleyball they were nice enough to show.

Finally, they didn't show all of the US volleyball either. They skipped a lot of matches and they never showed any non-US matches.

The problem seems to be that NBC owns all of the olympic rights so no other channels can show any. It would be better if every channel could show some things so there would be more total coverage.

So... anybody outside of the US want to let me visit them for the summer of 2008? :D

• Quote from "warhorse"

I think they didn't even show the full beach volleyball match where the USA won the women's gold!

I can imagine that since volleyball isn't populair in USA. It's not populair either here in The Netherlands. :wink2:

• Quote from "leo-nl"

I can imagine that since volleyball isn't populair in USA. It's not populair either here in The Netherlands. :wink2:

Heheh, in Poland volleyball is veeeery popular :D 8)

• Quote from "warhorse"

..//. he problem seems to be that NBC owns all of the olympic rights so no other channels can show any. It would be better if every channel could show some things so there would be more total coverage.

warhorse, I'm pretty sure other associated networks in USA broadcasted the Olympic games, and that's exactly what will happen again in Beijing.....
    Here in Canada, we get a bunch of channels from USA, and I remember very well watching different events at the 2004 Olylmpics at the same time. Here I found some info that could be useful for you next time. :wink2:

NBC's unprecedented 24-hour, around-the-clock coverage of the 2004 Olympic Games from Athens will total 1,210 hours on seven NBC platforms - NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Bravo, Telemundo and NBC HDTV affiliates - offering more Olympic coverage than the combined total from the last five previous Summer Olympics. Over the 17 days of the Athens Games (Aug. 13-29), NBC's coverage will average more than 70 hours per day and offer the most in-depth Olympic coverage in history. For the first time in U.S. broadcast history the networks of NBC will provide some coverage of every one of the 28 Summer Olympic sports. Telemundo's Spanish-language broadcast will be the first non-English language Olympic broadcast in U.S. television history. NBC owns the exclusive U.S. media rights for five consecutive Summer and Winter Olympics from 2000 through 2012 and has exclusively broadcast every Summer Olympics since 1988.

• xopxeech: I wasn't clear. When I said that NBC owns the rights I meant the NBC company. I believe NBC the company owns NBC the channel, MSNBC, CNBC, and maybe also USA. So you are right. There are several broadcasts at the same time. But they are all of the crappy style of not showing full matches I was complaining about before :)

Also, I don't get cable or satellite, so I only receive the original NBC on my antenna :oops:

In 2008 though, I'll be able to record in High Definition, so that'll be worth whatever crap they give me because my AVP broadcasts in HD are sweet looking :)