World League 2007

  • Brazil, congratulations! it's amazing how dominant this team has been in the recent years....
    I'm surprised USA beat Poland :shock: :shock: 'cause I think both Brazil and Poland are the best in the world. Perhaps Poland was still trying to figure out how they lost to Brazil the day before.... :roll::roll:
    anyways, Good for the americans
    I'd like to watch Brazil - USA fighting for the gold medal at the Pan Games in Rio in about a week, and see if the southamericans can finally get the only title missing. :wink2:

  • Funny thing: Russia had two victories and took the silver, Poland had also two victories and took... nothing :(

    The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL


    5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

  • Another funny thing - USA, Russia and Brazil had one victory and one loss but they played on the semifinals while Bulgaria is 5th... I think that this year shedule of the Finals wasn't good. :?


    Congratulations for Brazil! I wanted Poland to win but... At yesterday match the Polish players looked very disappointed while the team of USA had a good day - their serve was the winning weapon.

  • "sNeige" wrote:

    Another funny thing - USA, Russia and Brazil had one victory and one loss but they played on the semifinals while Bulgaria is 5th... I think that this year shedule of the Finals wasn't good. :?


    Yes, I think this system isn't really fair.

    The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL


    5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

  • "Nastja" wrote:

    uuuh nice results! i guess justyna and gottlib who are watching the matches live , enjoyed these ones :D


    I enjoyed all, even these which Poland lost :lol:


    2007 FIVB WORLD LEAGUE – FINAL STANDINGS
    1. Brazil.
    2. Russia.
    3. U.S.A.
    4. Poland.
    5. Bulgaria.
    6. France.
    7. Cuba, Finland.
    9. China, Italy, Korea, Serbia.
    13. Argentina, Canada, Egypt, Japan.


    2007 FINAL ROUND BEST PLAYERS
    MVP: Ricardo Garcia BRA
    Best Scorer: Semen Poltavsky RUS
    Best Spiker: Yuriy Berezhko RUS
    Best Blocker: Gustavo Endres BRA
    Best Server: Semen Poltavsky RUS
    Best Setter: Pawel Zagumny POL
    Best Libero: Richard Lambourne U.S.A.


    I'll post some pics later :wink2:

  • Press conference before Final Six World League
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/96/


    Bulgaria - Brazil
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/97/
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…ry.asp?Tourn=WL2007&No=97


    Poland - France
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/98/
    http://www.sport.pl/sport/5,68565,4308031.html


    Russia - Bulgaria
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/99/
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…ry.asp?Tourn=WL2007&No=99


    USA - France
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/100/


    Russia - Brazil
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/101/


    Poland - USA
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/102/
    http://www.sport.pl/sport/51,68565,4313936.html


    USA - Russia
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/103/
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…y.asp?Tourn=WL2007&No=103


    Poland - Brazil
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/104/


    Poland - USA
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/105/
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…y.asp?Tourn=WL2007&No=105


    Brazil - Russia and awarding ceremony
    http://ligaswiatowa.wp.pl/gid,…53406,galeriazdjecie.html
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/106/
    http://www.reprezentacja.net/seniorzy/galeria/107/
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…y.asp?Tourn=WL2007&No=106
    http://www.sport.pl/siatkowka/51,82669,4316521.html?i=0

  • I agree. A lot of coincidence can occur for a pool with only 3 teams and 2 matches for each team.


    Last year, each team had 3 pool matches (with one against the team in the opp pool with "same" rank in prelim). Teams who could advance were more convincing



    "sNeige" wrote:

    Another funny thing - USA, Russia and Brazil had one victory and one loss but they played on the semifinals while Bulgaria is 5th... I think that this year shedule of the Finals wasn't good. :?

  • Bad tournament, we've won against Brazil (as ususal) but something went wrong with the russians, anyway, the schedule it's stupid, only 2 matches, the previous finals the matches were 3 and then semi-finals. But never mind - the World Cup begins soon. :)

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • "AFROMAN" wrote:

    Bad tournament, we've won against Brazil (as ususal) but something went wrong with the russians, anyway, the schedule it's stupid, only 2 matches, the previous finals the matches were 3 and then semi-finals. But never mind - the World Cup begins soon. :)


    Brazil never plays 100% unless we have to.


    If you can beat us at Olympic Games or World Championships, THEN you can say you usually beat Brazil.


    In World Cups, World Championships and Olympic Games, at important matches like semifinals and finals Brazil has NEVER lost a match since 2002. And the only time we had to play a tie break in finals or semifinals was in 2002 at the final match against Russia.


    We don't really care about WL. The players are usually not at their best conditions....



  • Haha, you wish this is true. If we admit that Brazil is the best team, to beat the best twice in a roll means that you are really good. Victory matters the most, the fans wants to watch their favourite team winning, this is pricelessness and unique experience.

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • "AFROMAN" wrote:

    Haha, you wish this is true. If we admit that Brazil is the best team, to beat the best twice in a roll means that you are really good. Victory matters the most, the fans wants to watch their favourite team winning, this is pricelessness and unique experience.



    Twice in a roll?! Bulgaria beat Brazil in WL 2006, Brazil beat Bulgaria at WC 2006, Bulgaria beat Brazil in WL 2007.


    And that's exactly my point. I mean, have you ever seen Brazil fail at the important matches?! I have seen Russia, I have seen Bulgaria, I have seen USA, I have seen France, I have seen Poland.... but NOT Brazil.


    Just so we can compare: over the last 2 years, Bulgaria has beat Brazil twice. What have they won? Nothing! Brazil has beat Bulgaria once. What has Brazil won? WL 2006, WC 2006, WL 2007......


    So, I don't mind if we lose qualifying matches... as long as we take the gold home..... :lol:

  • "Brazilian Guy" wrote:

    And that's exactly my point. I mean, have you ever seen Brazil fail at the important matches?! I have seen Russia, I have seen Bulgaria, I have seen USA, I have seen France, I have seen Poland.... but NOT Brazil.


    True.

  • Ok, brazilian guy, lets make it clear. Yeah, you've taken the gold form the WL 2006, 2007. You have lost your first matches twice with us. And in the first case you had the opportunity to correct yoursef with 2 matches and you did it. Last year it was absolutely stupid to have only 2 matches, and you had luck with russia, but never mind, you've won the match and went to the semi-finals, but only because of the points, not because of any skills you've shown in order to prove that you are better than Bulgaria in that moment and deserve more the victory.

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • "AFROMAN" wrote:

    Ok, brazilian guy, lets make it clear. Yeah, you've taken the gold form the WL 2006, 2007. You have lost your first matches twice with us. And in the first case you had the opportunity to correct yoursef with 2 matches and you did it. Last year it was absolutely stupid to have only 2 matches, and you had luck with russia, but never mind, you've won the match and went to the semi-finals, but only because of the points, not because of any skills you've shown in order to prove that you are better than Bulgaria in that moment and deserve more the victory.


    AFROMAN and Brazilian Guy....
    Its nice to discuss volleyball topics etc but on a certain level. This is becoming ridiculous now. It is like "my team is better than yours" or "No! my team is better".
    So please, both of you and especially Afroman (cos this is definitely not the first time) stay objective with what you say or at least try to understand the points the other person makes.
    Im not telling you to stop "arguing" but keep the right tone.

  • "Nastja" wrote:

    AFROMAN and Brazilian Guy....
    Its nice to discuss volleyball topics etc but on a certain level. This is becoming ridiculous now. It is like "my team is better than yours" or "No! my team is better".
    So please, both of you and especially Afroman (cos this is definitely not the first time) stay objective with what you say or at least try to understand the points the other person makes.
    Im not telling you to stop "arguing" but keep the right tone.


    Dear Nastja,


    I'm sick of people who cannot appreciate other teams. Of course I support my NT, but that doesn't mean I cannot like others.


    I've said plenty of times that I really like Poland, Italy and France. I even wake up early in the morning to watch their matches.


    If I think a certain team has a weakness I say it. But I don't go around trying to make other teams and players look stupid, like someone else here does. :roll:


    But if speaking the truth means someone will get upset, well, there is not much I can't do about it.

  • Nastja, Brazilian Guy, you don't seem to understand me. I just said that in the last matches Bulgaria usually beat Brazil and "he" the brazilian guy (with all my respect to the brazilian team) tried to say that our victories were nothing. And I never said that I don't appreciate the other teams, just the opposite, but two victories are two victories, Bulgaria and Brazil are good enough to beat everyone, so I don't think that you brazilians, should be ashamed of that you've lost with Bulgaria. And Nastja please tell me what is not objective in my saying, that we don't regularly beat Brazil or what. Stop making an excuses, why I didn't say anything when Poland continued to beat us 4 times, (although Kazijski didn't play and Iordanov also), of course this doesn't mean that they are better than us or than anybody. It's just a game but it seems that brazilian guy could not accept that Brazil can lost a match. And I am not sure, but France had beaten Brazil in the WC 2006 in Japan and that's why the match Brazil - Bulgaria was so important for the brazilians, because before it they hadn't assured they proggress to the semi-finals, but Bulgaria had.

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • "AFROMAN" wrote:

    Nastja, Brazilian Guy, you don't seem to understand me. I just said that in the last matches Bulgaria usually beat Brazil and "he" the brazilian guy (with all my respect to the brazilian team) tried to say that our victories were nothing. And I never said that I don't appreciate the other teams, just the opposite, but two victories are two victories, Bulgaria and Brazil are good enough to beat everyone, so I don't think that you brazilians, should be ashamed of that you've lost with Bulgaria. And Nastja please tell me what is not objective in my saying, that we don't regularly beat Brazil or what. Stop making an excuses, why I didn't say anything when Poland continued to beat us 4 times, (although Kazijski didn't play and Iordanov also), of course this doesn't mean that they are better than us or than anybody. It's just a game but it seems that brazilian guy could not accept that Brazil can lost a match. And I am not sure, but France had beaten Brazil in the WC 2006 in Japan and that's why the match Brazil - Bulgaria was so important for the brazilians, because before it they hadn't assured they proggress to the semi-finals, but Bulgaria had.


    Well.... congratulations to Bulgaria!


    I really don't think Brazil is better skilled than Russia, Bulgaria or Poland. But I DO think that we have more inner strenght and power of will to win at crucial moments. That's the spirit a winning team needs.... :wink2:

  • "Brazilian Guy" wrote:

    Well.... congratulations to Bulgaria!


    I really don't think Brazil is better skilled than Russia, Bulgaria or Poland. But I DO think that we have more inner strenght and power of will to win at crucial moments. That's the spirit a winning team needs.... :wink2:


    Yeah, you are write about this, but I think we as a nation also has team spirit, but unfortunately we show it less than you, and I clearly say that Brazil deserved everything they've won up to now, but it doesn't mean that Bulgaria won't want desperately to beat everyone, especially Brazil, because they are the best, at least in the moment.

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona