Oldschool

• Is there anyone interested in great 'Oldschool' volleyball clips?

Here's an example:

combination

I don't know when it was (help, someone?), but I think number 1 is Freddy Brooks (When he was still Cuban, cause now he has the Greek nationality :wink2: ), who plays now in Thessaloniki (together with the great BELGIAN setter: Frank Depestele :lol: )!

Tell me if you want more, and don't hasitate to post if you have some 'Oldschool' volleyball clips yourself!

• Adri,

that'd be nice if you upload the whole game, and other games from 80's and 90's, I'd like to watch that great american team from the 80's .

I think that game is from WCUP91 in japan..... :wink2:

regards

• Quote from "Adri"

In fact, I don't have the whole game. I only have short clips like the one I send above.

I will send more like that, but if anyone has whole games from the old days...

i got a copy of the olympics 1976 match between poland and russia from the other forum.
    i'll try uploading it within this week. :wink2:

• Quote from "cosmid"

i got a copy of the olympics 1976 match between poland and russia from the other forum.
    i'll try uploading it within this week. :wink2:

Thanks Cosmid! :D

• I downloaded the final set (and watched already) and I found it really interesting... it's amazing how this game has change in 30 yrs........ Poland looked pretty good and they were of course very happy at the end....
    Maybe some of you guys can tell us how good this team was
    Justyna, please upload the rest of the game, this is volleyball history :wink2:

• Hi Adri,

thanks for both clips. I figure it's a game in one the first World League editions (begin 90's or even 89)

The two clips you posted feature the following players:

1. Shatunov (middle)
    2. Kouznetsov (wing reception - sadly deceased)
    6. Krasilnikov (setter)
    8. Fomin (wing reception)
    11. Antonov (opposite)
    14. Runov (middle)

1. Brooks (wing reception - probably just replaced Millan in the back field in this clip)
    4. Despaigne (opposite)
    5. Valdez (middle)
    6. Beltran (wing reception)
    7. Millan (middle)
    9. Diago (setter)
    10. Sarmientos (wing reception - finishes both actions)

Keep'm posting!

• By the way, many thanks for the post of the '76 final decisive set.
    First time ever I saw some seventies TOP-volleybal.
    My personal volleybal-memory only goes back to the '88 olympics in Seoul.
    (Any posts of the golden USA team would be greatly appreciated)

• Quote from "xopxeech"

I downloaded the final set (and watched already) and I found it really interesting... it's amazing how this game has change in 30 yrs........ Poland looked pretty good and they were of course very happy at the end....
    Maybe some of you guys can tell us how good this team was

This match was in 1976 (Gawłowski, Bosek, Zarzycki, Skorek, Wójtowicz, Sadalski, Stefański, Karbarz, Rybaczewski, Lubiejewski, Łasko, Bebel, coach Wagner). Two years before Poland won gold medal on World Championships (Gościniak, Bosek, Gawłowski, Zarzycki, Wójtowicz, Skorek, Czaja, Skiba, Karbarz, Stefański, Rybaczewski, coach - Wagner). And Poland NT won 5 silver medal in the row on European Championships (1975-1983)

Quote from "xopxeech"

Justyna, please upload the rest of the game, this is volleyball history :wink2:

set 1
    set 2
    set 3
    set 4

• Justyna, I can only show my gratitude by doing this:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :wink2:

thanks also for the info.... so it was a great team in the 70's and early 80's..... and after all these years.... poland 2006 got the silver medal....good.... as bernardinho said... poland team will be the one to beat in the years to come 8)
    what happened in between from 1985 and 2006?

regards

• Quote from "Richard"

Hi Adri,

thanks for both clips. I figure it's a game in one the first World League editions (begin 90's or even 89)

First World League was in 1990 but Cuba didn't play in this tournament. This match which posted Adri was played in Asia so I think that xopxeech have right that this match is from World Cup 1991.

Quote from "xopxeech"

Justyna, I can only show my gratitude by doing this:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :wink2:

:wink:
    Btw. M. Rybaczewski from "gold team" is Anna Rybaczewska's father (french NT) and L. Łasko is Michał Łasko's father (italian NT) :wink2:

Quote from "xopxeech"

European Championships
    1985 - 4th
    1987 - didn't play
    1989 - 7th
    1991 - 7th
    1993 - 7th
    1995 - 6th
    1997 - didn't play
    1999 - didn't play
    2001 - 5th
    2003 - 5th
    2005 - 5th

World Championships
    1986 - 9th
    1990 - didn't play
    1994 - didn't play
    1998 - 17th
    2002 - 9th
    2006 - 2nd

Olimpic Games

1988 - didn't play
    1992 - didn't play
    1996 - 11th
    2000- didn't play
    2004 - 5th

• Quote from "xopxeech"

Nothing. After that succes we didn't do anything special. On Olimpic games we played only in Atlanta (11th place) and Atens (5th), on World Championship: Tokio (17th), Buenos Aires (9th). On European Chapionship we played allmast in every turnament but it usually was 7th place. In 1997 our juniors won World Championship in Bahrain. In that team pleyd Paweł Zagumny, Grzegorz Szymański, Piotr Gruszka, Sebastian Świderski (from "silver team") and (thsi names should be known): Paweł Papke, Robert Szczerbaniuk, Marcin Prus, Dawid Murek, Krzysztof Ignaczak, Radosław Wnuk Michał Chadała. They were called "Gold Mazur's boys" (Mazur was the coach). Later in 2000, in Teheran, we had another "gold boys". This time coach was Ryś (currently Egypt NT coach - in privette live MAzur's brother in law). In that team plyed: Michał Winiarski, Mariusz Wlazły (from "silver team") and (few names to remember - soon they will be famous too): Neroj, Woicki, Gromadowski, Możdżonek, Ruciak.
    So we had great players but only in junior category. Later they couldn't win... and then Lozano came in 2005. For good start 4th place in World League(we could have better result: in semi-final it was 2:0 and 22:17 for us in 3rd set and... we lost 3:2. don't ask how..nobody knows it), 5th place i European Championship(like always - but this time it was succes - we layed without Zagumny-broken hand, Stelmach, Kadziewicz and Ignaczak :roll:) - all in 2005. Few weeks after this championship, in car acciden died Gołaś - middlblocker. He was 24 and he was going to Maccerata where he was going to play in that season. Golas was that time first-six player. In 2006 we were very close to enter to final 6 World League. Unfortunatelly we lost with Serbia & Montenegro by ratio (small pionts). And the came World Championship in Japan.. you know how it were end

• Mazia and Justyna,

I appreciate very much your information about Poland.... I didn't know too much about this team, and in Japan2006 it took me by surprise, and getting to the finals as the only unbeaten team meant a lot.
    I think they didn't got gold because they had in front of them the marvelous brazilians who are now among the greatest ever.
    I can see that working hard with juniors and getting good results finally paid off. :wink2:

• Quote from "mazia"

Few weeks after this championship, in car acciden died Gołaś - middlblocker. He was 24 and he was going to Maccerata where he was going to play in that season.

Wasn't there a young player (now around 18-20 years) who also had a car accident. So he wasn't thera at the junior EC 2006 in Russia? :( :cry2: I heard he was one of the Junior's best players?

• Quote from "Justyna"

This match was in 1976 (Gawłowski, Bosek, Zarzycki, Skorek, Wójtowicz, Sadalski, Stefański, Karbarz, Rybaczewski, Lubiejewski, Łasko, Bebel, coach Wagner). Two years before Poland won gold medal on World Championships (Gościniak, Bosek, Gawłowski, Zarzycki, Wójtowicz, Skorek, Czaja, Skiba, Karbarz, Stefański, Rybaczewski, coach - Wagner). And Poland NT won 5 silver medal in the row on European Championships (1975-1983)
    set 1
    set 2
    set 3
    set 4

Justyna
    Thank you for this classic :woohoo:
    However, set 4 appears to be the same file as set 3. Could you please re-upload set 4?