What is the "necessary rotation" for a rule? Could somebody please explain?
from the Fivb rules:
* Rotational order is determined by the team’s starting line-up, and controlled
with the service order, and players’ positions, throughout the set.
* When the receiving team has gained the right to serve, its players rotate one position clock-wise: the player in position 2 rotates to position 1 to serve, the player in position 1 rotates to position 6, etc.
* A rotational fault is committed when the SERVICE is not made according to the rotational order. It leads to the following consequences:
* The team is sanctioned with a loss of rally;
* The players’ rotational order is rectified.
* Additionally, the scorer should determine the exact moment when the fault was committed and all points scored subsequently by the team at fault must be cancelled. The opponent’s points remain valid.
If that moment cannot be determined, no point(s) cancellation takes place, and loss of rally is the only sanction."