Where did Regla Torres defect too?

• I think that the meaning is "what country did regla torres defended", but you know, I'm just guessing, hehe

• well maybe ENGLISH isn't you guys first language but DEFECT means when you leave the country your a citizen of and go to another country to live

Sorry, I've only used defect for things, not for person, lol
    But anyway, english is not my first language! :|

I didn't know Regla Torres had lived in Germany, but I'm so outta of it! hehe
    Thanks Matthias! ^^

• That was from a Judo final match between Brazil and Cuba during the Pan, besides the female volleyball defeat to Cuba and the "incident" with the male NT, there were a lot of finals between Brazil and Cuba, with victories for both sides, so I guess that this increased the rivalry.

As I'm form Rio i had the chance of meeting her, and I was impressed she was soooo nice and talked and took pictures with everyone. She said later on an interview that her and many other former great Cuban athletes, such as Teofilo Stevenson and others came to give a kind of moral support for the athletes, something like "if we could do it, than you can do it too" and they were all wearing the Cuba uniform so I guess that's what she does in Cuba now, maybe not just this but well that's what I saw, if you see the 5th seth form the final she and Teofilo are there greeting the players.

I'll see if i can the find the link to the interview.