Champions League 2006/2007 2nd round

• VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN - Noliko MAASEIK

Bre Banca Lannutti CUNEO - Sisley TREVISO

Lube Banca Marche MACERATA - Panathinaikos ATHENS

Lokomotiv BELGOROD - Knack Randstad ROESELARE (help :shock2: )

Portol Drac Palma MALLORCA - BOT SKRA BELCHATOW

DHL OSTRAVA - TOURS VB

• Quote from "Alter Ego"

Lokomotiv BELGOROD - Knack Randstad ROESELARE (help :shock2: )

Don't worry Alter Ego. As Roeselare's manager said: "Everything is possible, especially in volleyball" :wink2:

Schedule
    Wednesday 14 February 2007 (+/- 1 day): 1st play-off round home matches
    Wednesday 21 February 2007 (+/- 1 day): 1st play-off round away matches
    Wednesday 7 March 2007 (+/- 1 day): 2nd play-off round home matches
    Wednesday 14 March 2007 (+/- 1 day): 2nd play-off round away matches
    Saturday 31 March and Sunday 1 April 2007: FINAL FOUR

Final four will be in Moscow.

• Quote from "Alter Ego"

DHL OSTRAVA - TOURS VB

Great, great, great, great ! :D

• Quote from "Justyna"

Don't worry Alter Ego. As Roeselare's manager said: "Everything is possible, especially in volleyball"

Let's change this into: "Almost everything is possible" But I'll support my team and go watch the game :bb:

• Quote from "Alter Ego"

DHL OSTRAVA - TOURS VB

:( before Champions League started team from Ostrava was thinking about resign from play. If they had did it, AZS Czestochowa would have taken their place.... AZS Czestochowa - Tours VB should be ;(

• Too bad for Czestochowa.

But as the winner of Ostrava- Tours is going to play against the winner of Mallorca - Belchatow, maybe Tours would play in Poland in the next round ... :wink2:

• Men’s Indesit European Champions’ League
    Individual Awards League Round

Best Scorer: Mariusz Wlazly (BOT SKRA BELCHATOW)
    Best Server: Marcus Nilsson (Iraklis THESSALONIKI)
    Best Attacker: Johannes Paulides (Noliko MAASEIK)
    Best Blocker: Krasimir Gaydarski (Levski Siconco SOFIA)
    Best Receiver: Alexis Ruben Gonzalez (Portol Drac Palma MALLORCA)

• Quote from "Armel"

Too bad for Czestochowa.

But as the winner of Ostrava- Tours is going to play against the winner of Mallorca - Belchatow, maybe Tours would play in Poland in the next round ... :wink2:

I have missed TVB's matches for a while.
    It seemed they have been out of the bad condition at the beginning of IECL. :D
    Armel, can you tell me something about Boskan? How is he going?

VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN - Noliko MAASEIK

I can't chose the winner... preety close teams

Bre Banca Lannutti CUNEO - Sisley TREVISO

:twisted: :twisted: go Cuneo go :D

Lube Banca Marche MACERATA - Panathinaikos ATHENS

F***, last two matches of Macerata in CL :cry:

Lokomotiv BELGOROD - Knack Randstad ROESELARE

How good that Skra wasn't the first in the pool :D

Portol Drac Palma MALLORCA - BOT SKRA BELCHATOW

Hmmmmm :roll:

DHL OSTRAVA - TOURS VB

Tours withouth any problems

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Quote from "copra"

I have missed TVB's matches for a while.
    It seemed they have been out of the bad condition at the beginning of IECL. :D
    Armel, can you tell me something about Boskan? How is he going?

From what I heard, he is in good shape. (I wasn't able to watch a match since 5 weeks)

Tours had a terrible autumn with 7 defeats out of 9 games, a lot of injuries and bad luck since the begining of the season .
    Since one month they're playing better. Alex Sloboda's suspension would end next week, and even if we had another blow this week, with Alexis Valido our libero leaving the team because of personnal problems, hope is back in Tours.

And this lucky pick of Ostrava will probably help increase the mood of the team.

• Quote from "Armel"

From what I heard, he is in good shape. (I wasn't able to watch a match since 5 weeks)

Tours had a terrible autumn with 7 defeats out of 9 games, a lot of injuries and bad luck since the begining of the season .
    Since one month they're playing better. Alex Sloboda's suspension would end next week, and even if we had another blow this week, with Alexis Valido our libero leaving the team because of personnal problems, hope is back in Tours.

And this lucky pick of Ostrava will probably help increase the mood of the team.

Thank you for all the information! Armel! So regret that you cannot watch TVB's match. I believe they will get better and better in the following competitions.
    I would like to ask one more question. How come Sloboda got suspension?
    Did he make some mistakes?

• I'm not sure my English is good enough to get through the whole story with the precision and accuracy needed.
    All facts were published on the "Nouvelle republique" the newspaper from Tours, but the article is not any more on-line so I can't check every fact.

But I will try anyway.

Alex used to take a drug containing finasteride to prevent him from balding.
    And finasteride was identified as a masking product for anabolisant and got on the forbidden list the 1st January 2005.

I don't remember since when he used to take this drug, but what I know is that it was first given to him by his Brazilian doctor, where it wall fully legal (at least at this time).

He seems to became aware that this product was forbidden to sportsman in France about one year ago, and asked a French doctor to write him an authorization so that he could keep on using the drug and though that he was done with it.
    But the doctor forgot about it , and the declaration was not made.

Then at the french cup final 4 in april 2006 he got controlled, and declared that he was taking this drug, believing that everything was all right on the administrative side.

Of course, finasteride was found in his body and as there was no medical authorization sent to the french federation, he got convoked by the anti-doping commission. Despite (or thanks to) all the proofs of his good faith, he got suspended for 8 months. (the usual sanction is 2 years of suspension)
    TVB tried to break the decision, but without appealing against it for fear that the sanction increase in an other judgement. However the administrative court refuse to break the judgement arguing that all appeal possibilities had not been used and refuse to examine the facts any further.
    At the time Tours got this answer, it was too late to appeal of the anti-doping commission decision and the suspension got definitive.

So Alex got suspended for 8 months for taking a non-doping substance (it has only masking effects) that he could have avoid if a simple declaration had been made in time. Being known as a nice guy, humble and honest to the core, and having always been a model of sportsmanship no one imagine only for one second that he could have tried to cheat. And therefore this sanction has been considered as very harsh for such a mistake.
    Of course, he got full support from the team and supporters.

Don't hesitate to ask me to clear some points if needed. I hope that what I said is English enough!

• DHL OSTRAVA (CZE) - TOURS VB (FRA) 1:3
    25-19, 19-25, 13-25, 19-25

Lokomotiv BELGOROD (RUS) - Knack Randstad ROESELARE (BEL) 2:3
    16-25, 25-22, 19-25, 25-20, 13-15 :!: :!: :!:

VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN (GER) - Noliko MAASEIK (BEL) 3:0
    25-20, 25-23, 33-31

Bre Banca Lannutti CUNEO (ITA) - Sisley TREVISO (ITA) 3:1
    20-25, 27-25, 28-26, 25-18

• Quote from "Alter Ego"

You were saying? 2-3!!!!

I don't understand :)
    I'm happy that Skra wasn't the first cause they wouldn't win with Loko.
    And sorry but... i'm sure Loko will win 3:0 or 3:1 in revange :) if not... my rispect :)

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Quote from "Ann"

And sorry but... i'm sure Loko will win 3:0 or 3:1 in revange :) if not... my rispect :)

Yeah I noe :D but you'll never noe, I'm going to watch the game 8)