Awards 2007

• 2007 SIATKA.ORG AWARDS
    Michał Winiarski and Katarzyna Skowrońska were elected as the best Polish volleyball players.

Best Male Volleyball Player
    1. Michał Winiarski – 34,20 %
    2. Mariusz Wlazły – 18,73%
    3. Paweł Zagumny – 15,05%

Best Female Volleyball Player
    1. Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata – 60,26%
    2. Eleonora Dziękiewicz – 13,97%
    3. Anna Barańska – 7,78%

Best Coach
    1. Daniel Castellani (Skra Bełchatów) – 26,03%
    2. Raul Lozano (Polish NT) – 24,53%
    3. Radosław Panas (AZS Częstochowa) – 16,53%

Revelation of 2007 Year
    1. Piotr Nowakowski – 28,32%
    2. Eleonora Dziękiewicz – 26,11%
    3. Milena Sadurek – 21,75%

Disappointment of 2007 Year
    Polish NT (male) on European Championships

It's a little bit supprising that the biggest disappointment of year 2007 was male Polish nt but in ranking 'best coaches' Raul Lozano is on 2nd place. As for me on this place should be Bonitta.

And who was chosen best players/coaches etc in your countries?

• Nice to see lena so high in the rankings. I think she really deserves that after a great season in 2007. And i totally agree on the choising Kasia as the best female player. :thumbup:

The Awards in germany look like this:

Best Male Player:
    1. Jochen Schöps (Odintsovo/RUS) 37 %
    2. Stefan Hübner (Treviso/ITA) 27 %
    3. Björn Andrae (Olsztyn/POL) 13 %
    4. Marcus Popp (Montichiari/ITA) 9 %
    5. Simon Tischer (Friedrichshafen) 7 %

Best Female Player:
    1. Angelina Grün (Bergamo/ITA) 34 %
    2. Christiane Fürst (Scavolini Pesaro) 26 %
    3. Corina Ssuschke(Dresdner SC) 15 %
    4. Kerstin Tzscherlich (Dresdner SC) 10 %
    5. Kathleen Weiß (Schweriner SC) 5 %

btw its the 8th time in a row that Grün wins this award :roll:

• Awards are being voted right now in France. I don't now when the results will be known.

• Czech Republic

Best Male Player:

1. Lebl Martin (Macerata/Italy)
    2. Konecny David (Ostrava)
    3. Rak Michal (Taranto/Italy)

Best spiker: Novak Jiri (Paris Volley/France)
    Best middle blocker: Lebl Martin (Macerata/Italy)
    Best receiver: Konecny David (Ostrava)
    Best setter: Tichacek Lucas (Friedrichshafen/Germany)
    Best libero: Krystof Martin (Dukla Liberec)
    Best coach: Hanik Zdenek (Czech NT)

Best Female Player:

1. Spalova Milada (Winiary Kalisz/Poland)
    2. Matuszkova Tereza (Roma/Italy)
    3. Havlickova Aneta (Olymp Praha)

Best spiker: Havelkova Helena (Sassuolo/Italy)
    Best middle blocker: Spalova Milada (Winiary Kalisz/Poland)
    Best receiver: Havlickova Aneta (Olymp Praha)
    Best setter: Simankova Jana (Olympiacos Athens/Greece)
    Best libero: Tomanova Marketa (Brno)
    Best coach: Cada Miroslav (Brno)

• USA Volleyball Nominees for USOC Athletes and Coaches of the Year
    USA Volleyball announced today its choices for Athletes of the Year, Team of the Year and Coaches of the Year as part of the United States Olympic Committee’s (USOC) annual awards program.

Women’s Indoor Player of the Year

Tayyiba Haneef-Park
    Haneef-Park, who played opposite and outside hitter at various times during the season, finished 2007 as the U.S. leading scorer with 368 points as part of a 3.61 scoring average per set. She played in 102 sets and compiled averages of 3.25 kills, 0.25 blocks and 0.22 aces per set. Haneef-Park hit .385 for the season with a team-leading 331 kills on 621 attacks. She earned a bronze medal while starting at outside hitter during the Pan American Games, played opposite during the FIVB World Grand Prix, helped Team USA to a silver at the NORCECA Continental Championship as an outside hitter and finished the year with a bronze medal as the U.S. opposite during the FIVB World Cup.
    Haneef-Park started 38 of 41 possible sets at the FIVB World Cup in which Team USA qualified for the 2008 Olympic Games. She provided averages of 3.76 points, 3.32 kills and 0.26 blocks per set during the World Cup. Haneef-Park ranked 10th among all players in Best Scorer category and third in Best Spiker with a 48.65 kill efficiency. She led the U.S. in scoring in six of 11 World Cup matches and reached double-figure scoring in all 10 matches played (did not play final match versus Italy). Haneef-Park sparked Team USA’s comeback versus Brazil on Nov. 7 with 26 points via 24 kills on 47 swings, one block and an ace. She added 18 points versus Cuba on Nov. 3 with 18 kills on 33 swings.

Men’s Indoor Player of the Year

Ryan Millar
    Middle blocker Ryan Millar played in 127 sets for the U.S. Men’s National Team in 2007 as it finished with a record of 33-8 and won a gold medal at the Americas’ Cup, bronze in the FIVB World League and finished fourth at the FIVB World League. Millar played more sets in 2007 than any other player besides libero Rich Lambourne.
    Millar, 30, led the U.S. Men in blocks in 2007 with 84, averaging 0.66 blocks per set. He was the second-leading scorer on the U.S. Men’s Team with 350 points. He averaged 2.75 points per set. Millar was second among all blockers at the end of World League pool play with 36 blocks on 89 attempts and an average of 0.80 blocks per set. He was second among all blockers in the World Cup with a total of 27 blocks in 40 sets for an average of 0.675 blocks per set.
    Millar, who played collegiately at BYU, was the United States’ third-leading scorer, and 19th overall, at the NORCECA Continental Championship in September. He finished the tournament with 45 points on 36 kills, eight blocks and one ace over five matches. Millar is in his ninth season with the U.S. Men’s Team.

Women’s Beach Player of the Year

Misty May-Treanor
    After a dominating season with partner Kerri Walsh, May-Treanor was named FIVB Best Defensive Player, Best Offensive Player and Sportsperson of the Year for 2007. Domestically, she was named AVP Most Valuable Player, Best Defensive Player and Best Offensive Player.
    In May, May-Treanor, 30, broke the record for most titles by a woman in professional beach volleyball with her 73rd tournament victory. In August in Boston, she became the all-time earnings leader. May-Treanor played college volleyball at Long Beach State and has played beach volleyball professionally since 1999.

Men’s Beach Player of the Year

Todd Rogers
    After a season in which he and partner Phil Dalhausser dominated the AVP Crocs Tour and won their first SWATCH-FIVB World Championship, Rogers was named both the FIVB and AVP best defensive player. He finished second in FIVB voting for best setter. The duo earned a silver and bronze in six FIVB beach tournaments in 2007. The pair was named the AVP Team of the Year and won the 2007 AVP Crocs Cup Championship. They won 10 AVP Crocs Tour events in 2007 with two second-place and four third-place finishes in 17 tournaments.
    Rogers, 34, played collegiately for UC Santa Barbara and has also worked as an assistant coach with the men’s indoor team at the school. He made his professionally beach volleyball debut in 1995.

Beach Team of the Year: Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh
    Sitting Volleyball Player of the Year: Lora Webster
    USAV Nomination for USOC National Coach of the Year: John Speraw
    USAV Nomination for USOC Developmental Coach of the Year: Scott Mebruer

• Misty May is just great. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• The Bulgarian Volleyball Federation decided not to award anyone for Best Volleyball Player of 2007, because they did not want to single out anybody from the national team, since everybody contributed significantly.

• The Bulgarian Volleyball Federation decided not to award anyone for Best Volleyball Player of 2007, because they did not want to single out anybody from the national team, since everybody contributed significantly.

Eh, it means that nobody was good enough. But anyway, it's not right, because other players, especially young, should have a reference point, an example to strive for.

• That's a weird decision...

In volleyball, everybody has to "contribute significantly" to the team, so I think it's a given for every good season.
    I think we all know that a best player award is less significant in volleyball than in other sports, so why this year and not last year ?

But it's the right of the Bulgarian Federation to decide this, maybe it's a way to send a message that Bulgarian NT is (or has to be) a team more than a collection of individuals ...

• I don't know but despite this decision, the biggest bulgarian sport site - http://www.sportal.bg decided to make an inquiry for who is the best player according to the people. They had the right to vote for a week I thing. The turnout was rather expected, 1st place for Matey Kaziyski, 2nd - Plamen Konstantinov, 3rd was Vlado Nikolov, if I'm not wrong. So people had chance to vote, even if it wasn't official. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• But it's the right of the Bulgarian Federation to decide this, maybe it's a way to send a message that Bulgarian NT is (or has to be) a team more than a collection of individuals ...

It's like, let's add some communism to volleyball, he-he :D

• They've decided this because everyone gives something for the team and even without just one person (no matter this is the star of the team,a reserve or even the doctor! )-they wouldn't make it out!!!Not because it means that "nobody was good enough"- it's because The TEAM means a lot!!! So I think it's absolutely right!Every single player gives his heart for the team and nobody should be single out!They are equal!!!Every player of our team thinks like that!!!
    But it was good that Sportal decided to give us the opportunity to choose our "Best Player"... It's not official...But it was great! :thumbup:

• They've decided this because everyone gives something for the team and even without just one person (no matter this is the star of the team,a reserve or even the doctor! )-they wouldn't make it out!!!Not because it means that "nobody was good enough"- it's because The TEAM means a lot!!! :thumbup:

Well i think the same is in EVERY national team, club etc all over the world...

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Well i think the same is in EVERY national team, club etc all over the world...

I'm not saying it's not... :thumbup: I know it's the same in every single team... :) That's the way it has to be!!! :win: