Intercontinental Rounds for Beijing 2008

• Finally!
    http://www.siatka.org announced who with whom will play.

23 - 25 May Dusseldorf, Germany
    Germany, Spain, Taiwan and Cuba.
    30 May - 1 June Espinho, Portugal
    Portugal, Poland, Puerto Rico and Indonesia.

31 May - 8 June Tokyo, Japan
    Japan, Korea, Australia, Italy, Iran, Argentina, Algeria and Tailand.

EDIT:
    Everybody now is thinking Italy, Spain and Poland will qualify, but I seriously doubt it. Spain showed good form in Izmir, nothing heard about injured players. Cuba is one of the favorites too. I saw the results from previous World League. Germany - at home crowd they will show what they can do best. In Izmir they did beat Serbia - 3-2.
    Poland - I'm sorry to say it Justyna, but too much luck for your team is enough. This time the biggest opponent is Puerto Rico. I still remember what was the reason for you to go in Katowice in one group with USA and France and not with Russia and Brazil - money, investments - too many for not letting the home team to went out without playing in the semifinals. Hmm, and now you have to face China, Egypt and Japan :huh: . But don't worry you will qualify.
    Argentina have good opportunity to qualify. They can beat Australia, Korea, maybe this time Japan, Algeria, Tailand. Italy - big problems for them. Australia-Japan will decide who goes from Asia.

• From the three big teams - Spain, Poland, Italy, I think Italy has less chance to succeed.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Time for pain in Spain!!!!!!

Last five matches against Germany = 2W, 3L. Hopefully, the last 2 are the victories for us in 2007 Euro League and Euro Champs with Anastasi on the bench. Very difficult at Dusseldorf. :S

Last match against Cuba = Defeated 1-3 in Preolympic Tournament in Madrid 2004 !!!!. Very bad precedent. An awful memory. ;(

Taipei. Unfortunately, I have no idea about this team. Is it dangerous???????? ?(

Tickets for Beijing Volley are very expensives in Europe. Isn'it????

Not even the european champion has their Olympic Games guaranteed. :down: :down: :down: :down:

• Hm, the teams now and in 2004 are bit diffferent. You saw what Spain did to Italy, Poland Continental Qualification and almost to Serbia.

• LET THE OLYMPICS BEGINS!!!

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Thank you Superbobo for your support but that's part of the problem.

Spanish NT is almost the same team now and in 2004. The only sensible change is the coach. And Anastasi isn't with us. And I think the Serbian NT in Izmir was the weakest (theorically and with all my respect) we can have against. Even Geric was injured in the final match and didn't play. But they had to brave it out and they defeated us with all the honours. Bravo Serbia. :thumbsup:

In Spain we say: "Le echaron más cojones".

• OK, I will write some opinion about the teams
    first is Portugal -
    results from WOQT in 2004(Poland, Portugal, Kazakhstan and Venezuela)
    3:0 vs Kazakhstan (25-21 26-24 25-22)
    2:3 vs Poland (18-25 25-18 29-27 19-25 12-15)
    0:3 vs Venezuela (24:26 25:27 21:25)
    Poland wasn't so good in those years, but... Portugal were at home

at European League 2007:
    1:3 vs Slovenia (23:25 25:19 21:25 29:31)
    3:1 vs Slovenia (25:20 24:26 25:23 25:23)

3:1 and 3:0 vs Czech Republic this time away

2 times 3:0 against Greece (25:22 25:19 26:24, 25:21 25:22 25:23)

2times 1:3 against Greece away(23:25 25:17 25:23 25:19)

0:3 against Czech Republic (19:25 17:25 and 28:30) maybe away and 3:2 against Czechs

3:2 and 2:3 against Slovenia

Portugal had qualified in the Final Four and had reached the final loosing to Spain 3:2
    (21:25 25:18 25:22 19:25 20:18)

didn't qualify for Euro 2007 in Moscow

So Portugal will have chance to beat only Puerto Rico and Indonesia, but Puerto Rico

are very good team.

Puerto Rico - 12th in World Championships 2006, which was biggest place in their

history in such a tournament. If they qualify they will be announced as national

heroes.
    WCH 2006
    vs Poland 0:3 (22-25 22-25 23-25)
    vs Egypt 2:3
    vs Japan 1:3
    vs Argentina 3:2 (19-25 34-32 28-26 21-25 15-13)
    vs China 3:1 (25-17 25-13 25-21 24-26)

WC 2007
    3:0 vs Japan, 3:0 vs Spain, 3:1 vs USA, 2:3 vs Argentina and Korea, 1:3 vs Bulgaria and

Australia, 0:3 vs Russia and Brazil
    If they show the same shape as it was in the WC 2007 they'll have big chance for qualifying.

Poland - what could I say about them, 4th at the WL 2007 2nd a the WCH 2006, even in

the Continental Qualification have showed they are still big team. Only key players

must come back and everything will be OK.

Indonesia of course is full outsider in this tournament.

Now the tournament in Dusseldorf

I don't know what the statistics show, but Spain have beaten Germany 3 or 4 time maybe with 3:1. About Cuba - maybe Barazzo is right. They still show they're very good team. I still remeber how they beat Bulgaria with 3:1 and 3:0 in Varna. And our papers had wrote that Cubans after that have bothered women at the central square in Varna :whistle: . But now..., we will smash them. So, one win against Germany and then Germany wins against Cuba and you may go to Bejing 2008.

• Finally!
    http://www.siatka.org announced who with whom will play.

Poland - I'm sorry to say it Justyna, but too much luck for your team is enough. This time the biggest opponent is Puerto Rico. I still remember what was the reason for you to go in Katowice in one group with USA and France and not with Russia and Brazil - money, investments - too many for not letting the home team to went out without playing in the semifinals. Hmm, and now you have to face China, Egypt and Japan :huh: . But don't worry you will qualify.

That sounds like envy to me.... why is it that Bulgarians always like to be picky when it comes to Poland? Maybe the memories from the WCH 06 are not so good?!

And what good does it do to you to just hope Poland screws up?! Get a life, PLEASE!

P.S: Sorry but I just cannot keep cutting him some slack. This childish behaviour has been going on for weeks now. This post was just THE last straw!

• That sounds like envy to me.... why is it that Bulgarians always like to be picky when it comes to Poland? Maybe the memories from the WCH 06 are not so good?!

And what good does it do to you to just hope Poland screws up?! Get a life, PLEASE!

P.S: Sorry but I just cannot keep cutting him some slack. This childish behaviour has been going on for weeks now. This post was just THE last straw!

I really don't know what's wrong with you, who said that Bulgarians don't like Poland, I admire they way of keeping the volleyball high, making it sport number one, it's just great, and I also like superbobo want Poland to qualify for the OG.

• Ukhm. ukhm! I'm sorry but Poland played in Portugal 4 years ago in the same qualification.

So, we have a replay :lol: Sorry...
    Seriously - our group is weaker. Portugal is a host but not a good team, Puerto Rico :wacko: - this team is capable of playing very well, but they play so-so more often. We have to beat them, and I hope we will. Poland is a favourite in Portugal, but we can't underestimate our opponents. BTW, does anybody know anything about Indonesia :what: ?
    Group in Germany is stronger: Spain, unpredictable Cuba and Germany as an extra :whistle:Three teams can win it (but I hope it will be Spain or Cuba) - Taiwan - no chance.
    In the Asiatic group... In the past years Italy wouldn't have had any problems to win. Now they're not so strong, but... they also don't have real opponents there (maybe Argentina, Australia, Japan... they can caus problems, but it is rather impossible for them to win the whole tournament), so they probably qualify.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I really don't know what's wrong with you, who said that Bulgarians don't like Poland, I admire they way of keeping the volleyball high, making it sport number one, it's just great, and I also like superbobo want Poland to qualify for the OG.

I never said Bulgarians don't like Poland... did I? I said they were PICKY.

And I don't know why some of you keep acting like that?! It just makes people dislike Bulgaria for a stupid reason........

• I never said Bulgarians don't like Poland... did I? I said they were PICKY.

And I don't know why some of you keep acting like that?! It just makes people dislike Bulgaria for a stupid reason........

I am sorry if I understood you wrongly.

• OK, closed issue :drink:

Could anyone tell us about Cuban Men NT ??? :sos: :sos: :sos:

Some references about the possible cuban roster and coach????

The only thing I know is that veteran MB Pavel Pimienta is retired from courts. Great Pavel !!!

Something about Juantorena after his doping positive? Remember that Osmany Juantorena is direct family of former olympic champion "El Caballo" Alberto Juantorena ("The Horse" because his very long stride in 400 and 800 M).

I think honestly that Cubans are made for volleyball.

• the SCHEDULE OF FIVB OLYMPIC WORLD FINAL QUALIFICATION (JPN) AND ASIAN QUALIFICATION
    announced by Japan volley association as follows:

Korea x Argentina
    Australia x Thailand
    Algeria x Iran
    Japan x Italy

Thailand x Algeria
    Argentina x Australia
    Italy x Korea
    Japan x Iran

06.02 Rest Day

Australia x Italy
    Algeria x Argentina
    Iran x Thailand
    Japan x Korea

Argentina x Iran
    Italy x Algeria
    Korea x Australia
    Japan x Thailand

06.05 Rest Day

Algeria x Korea
    Iran x Italy
    Thailand x Argentina
    Japan x Australia

Italy x Thailand
    Korea x Iran
    Australia x Algeria
    Japan x Argentina

Iran x Australia
    Thailand x Korea
    Argentina x Italy
    Japan x Algeria
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FIVB OLYMPIC WORLD QUALIFICATION (POR & GER) to be confirmed after March 8th.....as far as i know

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I can give you some results and opinions.
    Australia is big favourite for winning the Continental Qualification, and why not the overall tournament. Here are results from World Cup 2007
    Austraila - Korea 3-2 (in the 5th set 29-27 after a big battle) - they have huge mentality, against Russia - 0-3 (2nd set 28-26), 3-0 against Japan, 3-1 vs Tunisia
    25-22, 35-37, 26-24, 25-22 - another save set points in the 3rd set, 1-3 vs Argentina - hah and again they will fight with them - Milinkovic against Hardy. In a matter of fact Argentina can win against Australia, Japan against Argentina and Australia against Japan - this can produce merry-go-round. In the other matches from the WC 2007 Australia was ruined by Brazil, although they showed good game against them, after that another 0-3 losses against Bulgaria and USA. The Australian team made big impression, but have clumsy players - they all are tall. In the 4th round they loose against Spain (0-3), won against Puerto Rico (3-1) and :whistle: loose against Egypt 1-3.
    The sure victories for Australia in this tournament are against Thailand, Korea, Algeria, Iran. Questionnaire games - Italy, Argentina and Japan.
    Argentina - Iran, Korea, Algeria, Thailand. Statistics against Japan show 3-0 losses in WCH 2006 and WC 2007. The game will be in Japan and this time for Olympic spot. So both teams will fight till the end. Another question is game with Australia and Italy.
    Japan - at home crowd Japan proved to be hard for every team. In defense they play well they use first-temp attacks. These martial arts
    :D in school are very usable. Sure wins - Thailand, Korea and Iran.
    Italy - Zlatanov and Simeonov can do something for that team, along with Fei, Cernic, Cisolla, MASTRANGELO :D (btw I can show you some his pictures from Playboy :lol: ) . Sure wins are with - Korea, Thailand, Iran and Algeria,. Depends on the injuries in the team. Against Japan and Australia and Argentina will be tough game.

• 30 May - 1 June Espinho, Portugal
    Portugal, Poland, Puerto Rico and Indonesia.

List of Portuguese players which will be prepare for qualification tournament.

Rui Santos (AJF Bastardo)
    João Malveiro (GC Vilacondense)
    Diogo Frada (Esmoriz GC)
    Bruno Gonçalves (AJF Bastardo)
    Hugo Gaspar (Vitória SC)
    Carlos Teixeira (SL Benfica)
    Miguel Costa (SC Espinho)
    Roberto Reis (SC Espinho)
    Nélson Brízida (Vitória SC)
    Frederico Lages (Vitória SC)
    Nuno Pinheiro (Noliko Maaseik)
    Valdir Sequeira (MM Spoleto)
    João José (VFB Friedrichshafen)
    Éden Sequeira (Poitiers)
    André Lopes (SL Benfica)
    Eurico Peixoto (Vitória SC)
    Flávio Cruz (Vitória SC)

• Argentine Marcos Milinkovic has said he will skip the upcoming World Olympic Qualification Tournament in Japan because of family commitments, although the veteran insists he is not planning on hanging up his National Team jersey. Milinkovic, who plays in the Opposite position for Argentina, relayed his decision to miss the May 31 to June 8 tournament over the phone to Argentina Head Coach Jon Uriarte and Argentine Volleyball Federation (FeVA) Vice-President in charge of National Teams Juan Angel Pereyra. "It has been a very personal decision and hard at this point of my life and it has nothing to do with (resigning) from being part of the Argentine Men's National Team," Milinkovic told the FeVA Press Department.
    fivb.org

• List of 17 Spanish players:

Luis Pedro Suela 07/07/1976 Receptor Arkas Izmir (Turquía)
    Ibán Pérez 13/11/1983 Opuesto Drac Palma CV Portol
    Alexis Valido 09/03/1976 Líbero Unicaja Arukasur Almeria
    Manuel Sevillano 02/07/1981 Receptor Drac Palma CV Portol
    Francisco Rodríguez 25/09/1980 Receptor Arona Tenerife Sur
    Alfonso Flores 24/08/1975 Colocador Unicaja Arukasur Almeria
    Miguel Ángel Falasca 29/04/1973 Colocador Drac Palma CV Portol
    José Javier Subiela 22/03/1984 Central Santa Croce (A2 Italia)
    Guillermo Falasca 24/10/1977 Opuesto Gumi Lig Greates Insurance VB (Corea)
    José Luis Moltó 29/06/1975 Central Drac Palma CV Portol
    Julián García-Torres 08/11/1980 Central Drac Palma CV Portol
    Alberto Salas 13/09/1984 Central Ciudad del Medio Ambiente Soria
    Israel Rodríguez 27/08/1981 Receptor Copra Piacenza Volley (A1 Italia)
    Juan Carlos Barcala 25/01/1984 Opuesto Drac Palma CV Portol
    Guillermo Hernán 25/07/1982 Colocador Universidad de Granada
    Enrique De la Fuente 11/08/1975 Receptor Drac Palma CV Portol
    Juan Contreras 25/08/1986 Líbero Universidad de Granada
    rfevb.com