World Grand Prix 2008

• I really do like the American team and I'm so excited that they'll be playing so close to me here in Poland! :) Of course I will be cheering for our girls, but I like the American girls as well :) BTW, is Stacy Sykora ever coming back??? I love this girl!

yup..Stacy Sykora is back and she played in worldcup 2007 too...i met her in 2004 WGP(HK), she is very nice :thumbup:

• I really do like the American team and I'm so excited that they'll be playing so close to me here in Poland! :) Of course I will be cheering for our girls, but I like the American girls as well :) BTW, is Stacy Sykora ever coming back??? I love this girl!

Sykora is back ;)
    She played a bit at the World Cup already, who knows maybe she will be 1st Libero at the GP 2008 and Olympics then.

and Ania,
    Rzeszow was too far away for you? Halle not? :lol:

• Sykora is back ;)
    She played a bit at the World Cup already, who knows maybe she will be 1st Libero at the GP 2008 and Olympics then.

and Ania,
    Rzeszow was too far away for you? Halle not? :lol:

If you count the kilometers, it might sound funny to say so. BUT just think about the shitty Polish roads leading to Rzeszow versus the beautiful German highways leading to Halle :D So maybe technically it's not farther, but it would take muuuuuch more time to get there :D

I'm so glad Stacy is back, I would looove to see her in Wroclaw!! :)

• it really sounded funny.

you went to Germany because roads are better huhu

maybe say simply that Rzeszow is a big village and you didn't want to go there ? :D

• I know it may sound weird, but it's true - I didn't go to Rzeszow because due to the condition of Polish roads, I would never be able to go to Rzeszow and come back in one day. The distance to Halle is bigger, but the roads are a lot better, so I was able to make the trip faster. I'm sure anybody who traveled on Polish and German roads will agree with me! LOL

As for the tickets, last year it didn't look like there was a full house in Rzeszow, so it probably wasn't that hard to get tickets. Not sure about this year, because I don't know how big the Wroclaw venue is comparing to the Rzeszow one. I still hope it won't be that difficult to get tickets. I would hate to miss the US team in Poland :D

• hehe no doubts

don't worry euro 2012 is coming :D

Yeah, it is! Just the roads aren't! LOL

• Neither changing nor hiding the game, but simply SAVING their physical strenght/condition. If Russia was there, I am sure the girls wouldn't give it 100%. Sokolova and Godina - and to a less extent Gamova - aren't 20 years old anymore.

You may have a point, cause all the teams will be focusing on the OG. Anyway, no one can deny the WGP is a nice opportunity for the teams to test new plays and tactics. So I think there's a compromise between gaining rhythm of play and confidence and being prepared to be at the best of one's physical form in the OG. Anyway, my point is... all the teams that will play both competitions will be finishing their preparation for the OG in this year's WGP, which is not Russia case, and I personally reckon it was a wise decision.

• I did chat with her a little, telling her that she has many fans in hk and how great she is in volleyball

she was quite happy to know about that and being quite nice, some other players are quite nice and chat as well

btw, do all the teams live in the hotel next to the stadium? because thats where I saw the US players

2004, I didn't go to watch ar :mad: Actually I start to watch volleyball from 2004 WGP. From that time, I like Tom very much.

Did u chat or take photo with Tom? Is she nice or are other USA players nice?

• Hey polish users,
    anybody of u already bought tickets for the GP?

Edit: I just did :whistling:

Unfo - in present year tournament is far away from my home and add. I was (two years ago) in local WGP.

Therefore I bought today tickets for World League 2008 Poland - Egipt ! I'm quite sure you will find some forum members from south Poland ;)

• Group F (Hong Kong, China)
    Italy, China, Japan, Cuba

why poland NT don't come HK this year ;( they came last year..I miss the chance to see them

however, I plan to go to support the Italy NT :thumbsup: or may be China :P if I can make the tickets

any other Hong Kongers brought the tickets before? Is it easy to get one?

• i also want to know where can u get the tickets? Can I get them online or in a package?

• guys, to you who will be this years winner ?

will the GP Queen Brazil take the title as usual?

or the new World Title Winner italy take the honor?

or the new Rising Force of poland?

or the offensive usa will come back again?

will cuba retore their honor for the 3rd time?

or china will step further to take the lead?

which team will be your favourite? ^^

• ı think non of them :P

coz all of them will go to beijing and they don t care about grand prix.ı think turkey or germany will win this honor.grünand pachale won t play again with NT.if so germany wouldnt strong as turkey.

think of that, turkish NT play very well in European olimpic qualifications in halle.they beat netherlans and almost beat poland.

even without pregnant neslihan demir and natali hanikoğlu, retired from NT bahar mert,and injured players:eda erdem,gökçen denkel,gülden kayalar.

they will turn back NT and turkey will be very strong team with other risinh young stars(naz aydemir,neriman özsoy,gözde kırdar,duygu bal,seda tokatlıoğlu...)

so ı believe we will be winners :win:

• well, if the other teams like italy etc wont try to get the title and turkey will play like at the quali. tournament it can happen that turkey wins.

Poland can win, if they dont qualify themselfes for the OGs. If they do qualify, im pretty sure that they will try to rest the players, because they played the most (in comperison to other nationalteams)... And we can see already now that many players like Rosner, Liktoras, Skowronska are pretty tired.

The big nations like Brazil and Italy wont have the aim to win the GP, they will test around to create the best team for the Olympic Games. But even with such an attitude they can win the GP easily

• FIVB has demanded that at least 9 players that played the WC (If I'm not getting nuts) also have to play the WGP08. So even if teams like Italy and Brazil are not interested in the competition, they are obliged to send their best players.