World Grand Prix 2008

• Italian NT for WGP 2008:

Sara Anzanello, Paola Cardullo (Asystel Novara); Valentina Arrighetti, Jenny Barazza (yes, yes- I'm so glade :super:) , Paoletta Croce, Valentina Fiorin, Leo Lo Bianco, Francesca Piccinini (Foppapedretti Bergamo); Nadia Centoni (Cannes – Fra); Taismary Aguero (Tur Telekom - Tur); Francesca Ferretti, Martina Guiggi (Scavolini Pesaro); Manu Secolo (Famila Chieri); Serena Ortolani (Yamamay Busto Arsizio); Antonella Del Core e Simona Gioli (Despar Sirio Perugia); Lubia Bosetti (Unicom Starker Sassuolo); Giulia Rondon (Magic Pack Cremona).

Es ist gut, daß uns ein Hoffen gegeben, ein Selbstbetrug dadurch man vergisst, daß unser Gastspiel in diesem Leben eine tragische Komädie ist

• No surprise at all in the Italian team's roster.

• No surprise at all in the Italian team's roster.

The only thing that surprised me a bit was that they are going to GP with full force. It seems a bit stupid, but who knows...

About Polish roster, it's almost a new team :what:

• All team rosters are on FIVB site now. Germany will not win a single match I expect, many players from the current junior team and the one before. Dumler, Fürst, Ssuschke and Tzscherlich are the only regular players left in the team. I'm surprised that Weiss is not there, she'd rather need more experience than a summer off. Denise Hanke is her substitute in Schwerin (and played a few matches instead of Weiss when she was in a bad shape).

There are also 2 players who are currently playing only in 2nd league after recovering from injuries. One is Birgit Thumm who had many problems and a serious knee surgery in 2007, the other is Franziska Bremer who had actually finished her career when she was 20 years old, also because of many knee problems, but she has restarted playing and it looks like she is doing fine. She was on the same junior team as Fürst and not exactly as good as her but not very far I think.

• natali,aysun,neslihan and çiğdem won'T play...but our young players will show good performance ı am sure

• It seems all the teams who will play the WGP will bring their best players: Italy, China, Brazil, Cuba and USA.

In my opinion, this question of bringing the best players or not to the World Grand Prix has two sides. The advantages are gaining rhythm and confidence before the real competition and the disadvantages are getting tired and giving information to the enemy about how the team plays. The majority of teams chose to bring their best players to the Grand Prix, only Russia decided to act differently.

In 2000, 3 out of the 4 Grand Prix finalists played the OG semifinals and the final match of this competition was had the exact same players of the final match of the World Grand Prix. Even the podium ranking was exactly the same of the World Grand Prix.

In 2004, only Brazil and Cuba played the semifinal matches of both the World Grand Prix and the Olympic Games. In the 2004's GP, the final ranking was 1. Brazil, 2. Italy, 3. USA and 4. Cuba. In the OG the final ranking was 1. China 2. Russia 3. Cuba 4. Brazil.

• Someone know why Piccinini's name is no longer at GP's site?????!!!!!!!!!! ;(

Why is she not gonna play anymore?????!!!!!Pleassseee...some one can explain that?!

Cause she is going to this international tournament of Abu dhadi before right?...but also not to Coumayeur....

so how is she going to preparate for the Olympic games??

?( ?( ?(

• Piccinini will prepare for the OG the same way the Russian team will.

• What does that mean Celso? Meaning, she will try to hide all her energy and tactics until the Olympics Games? I hope it will work again for the Russian Team this year. Athens Olympics was beyond all expectations for the Russian Team.

• Why is that Togut and Reniere are not in the team? Does it mean the main attackers for the Olympics will just be Del Core, Aguero and Piccini? I think if Togut will play Opposite and Piccinini and Aguero will be the receivers, Italy will really be a team to beat with Gioli and Barazaa/Anzanello.

• I think is caus they ask to be out of the team....

I mean I don't know much of why of why Toga is out...

But It seems like Rinieri don't go very much along with Barbolini...so she asked to stay out of NT team...defore was to rest...but I saw that she might come back in 2008....but since she didn't I guess she don't agree with sth of Barbolini's work...as I heard

But I think someone from Italy can answer this better....

• As far as I know, the Russia's team tactics is very wise. We all know that volleyball is a sports in which being aware of the opponents style of playing counts a lot. All teams have a statistics professional whose job is analyzing the opponents plays as the rotation goes by.

Against Russia, the teams which will take part of the OG won't have as much information as they will have against the other teams that will also take part of the Grand Prix. On the other hand, the Russian team will be able to practise and improve as a team, I mean, the players will get used to one another and defense and block will work integrated, the plays will flow more naturally and so on.

As regards the Italian Team. I heard both Rinieri and Togut had retired and that's why they are not in the Italian team roster. I didn't even expect them to be in the Italian's team roster. Besides, with Aguero, who cares about Togut? Piccinini is good, but she's not that important for the Italian Team. Aguero, Lo Bianco and Gioli are for me the most important pieces of the Italian team. Even so, if Piccinini only plays the OG, it will be nice to Italy, cause like Russia, the Italian team's opponents won't have all the information about the Italy's team style of playing. Italy almost surprised Brazil in the 2004 OG, Paola Paggi didn't play the Grand Prix and it was hard for Brazil to be aware of the Italian Team plays with her on court in the OG.

• Then that is good for Russia and other teams that Togut will not be playing for the Olympics. It is true that Aguero, Gioli and Lo Bianco are the core of the team but if Togut will play, I think the offensive options of the team will be greater - Togut doing the opposite, Aguero and del Core/Piccinini doing the receiver-attacker position. So with this development, is it safe to assume that the main outside hitters of Italy are Aguero, Piccinini and Del Core? I hope Aguero will not play as good as in 2007. :rose:

• Umarım iyi ve güçlü olan kazanır tabiki gönlüm ve duygularım Türkiye'den yana ;)

• Umarım iyi ve güçlü olan kazanır tabiki gönlüm ve duygularım Türkiye'den yana ;)

Umarım iyi ve güçlü olan kazanır tabiki gönlüm ve duygularım Türkiye'den yana ;)

In english please.

he means: ı hope good and strong one would win..but sure ı want turkey will become champions... :thumbup:

• Anna Podolec propably won't play in WGP. She has got some healthy problems.

And of cours Mariola Zenik won't play too. Bonitta gave her a little break. Milena Rosner propably won't play too. I don't know how Barańska but i heard, that she won't play too.

• I dont think the Top ranked teams will strut their best teams come grand prix since the other teams might scout for them. So i'd expect that the Grand prix will still be a showcase of top volleyball action but will be missing the top players in the world.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)