World Grand Prix 2008

• congratulations to mari. she deserves the MVP award. i just like the way she plays. very serious and focused. she does not open her mouth like paula opens her mouth when she gets a point or "reacts" the way jacqueline "reacts" when she scores a point. she made me like the brazil team and sheila too. she is very unstoppable and rarely commits mistakes. paula-mari-sheila should be the combination for brazil, similar to gamova-sokolova-estes(godina) of russia.

• Congratulations BRAZIL!!!

Flawless performance in the finals. Hoping to sustain in the OG. As ive said before, other than USA, i want Brazil to medal in the Olympics. Im happy about Mari.

Congratulations USA!!! 4th place isn't Bad. Im happy that Logan has been continuously improving. Hoping to see them podium finish in the OG.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• i want russia and brazil to win the medal. i do not want cuba, italy and china to win a medal. cuba because they got so many olympics medals already. italy because i do not like the idea of aguero playing for the italian team and i do not like gioli. :D china because they defeated russia in the athens.:box: so maybe the last medal shall go to usa, poland or serbia. :super:
    anyway, time for the olympics. as celso said, the grand prix is history already.

• Team Japan having 4 players with awards??? that is sooo confusing...but they are only 6th!

Fofao should have been the best setter, Mari should have been the best scorer. i mean Kurihara?

• Team Japan having 4 players with awards??? that is sooo confusing...but they are only 6th!

I'm surprised, that you are surprised with that...Japan is always awarded with many things in volleyball world :roll:

P.S. Nastja, your new avatar is just perfect :thumbsup:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Well it is fact that Kurihara scored the most points, but I agree about Fofao...but Takeshita always wins best setter when tournaments take place in Japan.

Video interview with Perdomo about the fight between Calderon and Ramirez: http://www.followmeandreazorzi…p/video/perdomowomen.html

Could any of the Spanish-speakers tell what he says? My Spanish is barely enough to understand half of what he says...

• The awards were based on statistics so i guess that explains why Japan has 4 awards though placing last. I was a bit surprised as well but its okay. After all, Grand Prix 08 is now history. Moving on for the OG!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Well...Russia has many olympic medals too :D

Yes but i am biased for russia. :D russia has not won the gold since 1988, right? isn't it that in 1984, china won then in 1988, russia won. there is a trend. :lol: in 2004, china won so MAYBE this 2008, russia will win. it is not so logical and i am just thinking non-sense. i cannot wait for the olympics. i hope olympics will be held tomorrow. can they move it to earlier date even for the volleyball games only? oh i am so non-sense. Hahahaha :win:

• Well it is fact that Kurihara scored the most points, but I agree about Fofao...but Takeshita always wins best setter when tournaments take place in Japan.

Video interview with Perdomo about the fight between Calderon and Ramirez: http://www.followmeandreazorzi…p/video/perdomowomen.html

Could any of the Spanish-speakers tell what he says? My Spanish is barely enough to understand half of what he says...

He said what happened was a consequence of the heat of the game. He said latin players tend to react and express their feelings that way and what is important is the cause of the fight, not the fight itself. He also said it is necessary for the players to be professional and care about the group, not about themselves. He said it is important to focus on the cause of the fight (he didn't mention which was) and he's already working on it. He also said this is not the first time it happens but unfortunately this time it happened before the cameras. He said he talked to the two players already and this problem is overcome already. He told in the end of the interview that men volleyball players are more rational, while women volleyball players are more emotional and that it is very complicated to deal with women (big news, LOL!).

• Congratulations USA!!! 4th place isn't Bad. Im happy that Logan has been continuously improving. Hoping to see them podium finish in the OG. [/quote]

I think the first 2 sets logan performed more well. The rest of the game is just usual. But it is already well than previous matches .

I also hope she can improve more before olymics game. I think recently she lost confidence.

GoGo my TomTom :super:

• Brazil was awesome in the final round of the Grand Prix!

We slipped a little during the last game against Japan, but that's understandable. And even so, 3 X 0. When they were to announce the MVP of the tournment, I totally jumped when the guy said "Number 3...". I knew it was Mari. And she really deserves it after her recovery from that 2004 olympic semi-final against Russia. I realized the team has grown.

Russia worries me. A lot. But I believe Brazil is game. :box:

Love the Russian girls, though. I cheered for them in that final back in 2004. Just hate to see Gamova crying. :P But Godina is my favorite.

• we both love brazil and russia team ... unfortunately, we have to choose one come the olympic games.

yes i think that brazilian team has grown a lot and has corrected some of its weaknesses. it is really a team to beat. but the team will be heavily guarded and observed by other teams so they have to make sure to still bring something new and different in the olympics.

what i noticed about the team is their back row attacks which they have been using a lot in the grand prix. that is a good sign because fofao has lots of options now. and i think when jacque was somehow injured, it was a blessing in disguise because mari was given a chance to shine. had jacqui not been injured, i think mari will not be given that chance to be part of the starting six and roberto would not have found the best combination for the olympics.

• wondering how that will work against a big russian block... hehehe... unless those back attacks will be as quick as those of their male counterparts (Men's NT), I think the other teams can neutralize it...

I love the Russian NT too... I hope they improve in their setting... *sigh*, I would love to see Gosya, Katya, Artomanova and Sokolova get the gold as the other three except gamova would retire after Beijing i guess.

• Just one thing; Sheilla and Mari this year really improved a lot in Pesaro, especially Mari.

But not just them, everyone there, don't really know why; but think also at Martina Guiggi, she has been for sure the best for Italy in the final six.

Congratulations to Brazil, even though I know everyone knows Beijing will be different.

• italy because i do not like the idea of aguero playing for the italian team and i do not like gioli. :D

Come on, we never won anything at the Olympics! It would be great to win at least one medal! :D
    As for Aguero, I know many people don't like the fact that she's playing with us...everyone has their own ideas about it and it would be pointless to discuss it...but...how come you don't like Gioli? I love her!! :love:
    :)

• Come on, we never won anything at the Olympics! It would be great to win at least one medal! :D
    As for Aguero, I know many people don't like the fact that she's playing with us...everyone has their own ideas about it and it would be pointless to discuss it...but...how come you don't like Gioli? I love her!! :love:
    :)

I like gioli,molto gentile supermamma,

• In the OG 2008 are another history..
    Cuba played against Brazil without Carrillo and Calderon, two pieces very important of the Cuban team.
    Italy was without Simona Gioli and Del Core.
    China played completly but they aren't on best state.
    USA played good but they will aprimorate many things.
    and Russia and Serbia are missing and will do very good championship.
    Russia have the return of Estes (Artamonova) and the best spikers of the world Sokolova-Godina-Gamova and the very good middle-blockers (Alimova and Merkulova). Is a great teame strong too.
    Serbia have a Nikolic-Djerisilo-Brakocevic..great spikres too.

On my opinon of my predictions the quarterfinals are:
    China 3-2 Serbia
    Cuba 3-2 Brazil
    USA 1-3 Italy
    Japan 0-3 Russia

Semifinals:
    China 3-2 Italy
    Cuba 2-3 Russia

Bronze Medal:
    Italy 2-3 Cuba

Final:
    China 2-3 Russia