World Grand Prix 2009

• I believe I've mentioned this already in an other post, but it will be hard to get used to a WGP without Cuba and Italy.

The teams which will take part of this tournament will be: Brazil, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and USA (representing the American continent), Poland, Russia, the Netherlands and Germany (representing the European continent) and Japan, China, Korea and Thailand (representing the Asian continent).

I believe the teams which will fight for the title will be Brazil, the Netherlands and China. I also believe Russia will be the 4th strongest team of this tournament. Anyway, this is a long and tiring tournament, and anything can happen. But if I were to name the strongest candidates for the title in this tournament, I would say these four teams are the favourites.

• 1. Fabiana
    2. Ana Tiemi
    3. Dani Lins
    4. Paula Pequeno
    5. Carol Gattaz
    6. Thaisa
    7. Mari
    8. Adenízia
    9. Natália
    10. Sassá
    11.Joycinha
    12. Jaqueline
    13. Sheilla
    14. Fabí
    15. Regiane
    16. Fernandinha
    17. Fabíola
    18. Camila Brait
    19. Fernanda Garay

Let's see who ZR will use at this tournament, since there are new girls on the squad :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm also very surprised about USA team. Only the liberos are experienced.... and Metcalf! It will be nice to see this new players!

"No time for losers 'cause we are the champions" :whistle: :dance6:

BRASIL, Gold in Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!!! :obey: :dance4:

• Brazil looks really strong, but it is not a surprise.

P.S. Biancamc, I love your avatar :cheesy: :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• This is scary. :)

• It's a shame that Poles does not play USA this year. We could get some revenge from the previous defeats. I only know 4 or 5 players from the US squad.

• Thanks for the info Bianca! It is nice to see Fernanda Garay in the roster. She was one of the besst spikers and blockers of the last season of the Superliga. I'm afraid she won't be given a chance to play for the NT unless a player gets injured. The same will happen to Fernandinha and Fabíola. I am not sure if Paula will play.

As for the t-shirt numbers, I believe there will be a few changes, just like it happened in the Montreux Volley Masters:

#01 - Fabiana
    #02 - Ana Tiemi
    #03 - Mári

#04 - Paula (will she play this tournament???)
    #05 - Carol Gattaz
    #06 - Thaísa
    #08 - Dani Lins
    #10 - Sassá
    #11 - Natália
    #12 - Jaqueline
    #13 - Sheilla
    #14 - Fabi (L)

#15 - Adenízia (will she play this tournament?????)
    #16 - Regiane (will she play this tournament????)
    #17 - Joycinha
    #18 - Camila Brait (L)

I believe the players in bold will play this tournament for sure. The last spot will be either of Paula, Adenízia or Regiane.

• Is the #7 jersey kept only for retired Fofao?So this number will not be worn by any other players? :what:

• I don't know if this is the case, cause Dani Lins was with #7 in the Montreux roster, but she actually played with the #8.

Anyway, she merits such a hommage.

• It's a shame that Poles does not play USA this year. We could get some revenge from the previous defeats. I only know 4 or 5 players from the US squad.

:lol:

Most of the US squad members may sound new to everyone, but trust me, this is a good bunch of young players for Hugh Mccutcheon.

Anyway, there's still Japan. Im sure Poland also wants to get some revenge on that team :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• We revenged the losts from Japan in Montreux and Torino this year - 3 : 0, 3 : 0, 3 : 1

And for the matches POL - USA we will probably have to wait till 2010...

or Maybe final six in Japan this year :)

• Is the #7 jersey kept only for retired Fofao?So this number will not be worn by any other players? :what:

The new Olympic cycle in Brazil is almost set. The question will be who will assume the position to raise the team's owner: Dani Lins 1.85 m, Ana Tiemi 1,88m; Fabiola 1.85 m, Fernandinha 1,72m and the possible return of the experienced Carol Albuquerque 1.82 m where the young raised the expected performance can not :sos: .
    We have three powerful middle: FABIANA 1.93 m; THAISA 1.96m; CAROL GATAZ 1.91 m
    The strong trio: PAULA PEQUENO 1.85 m; MARI 1.89 m, SHEILLA 1,86m :obey: .
    The "big" FABI
    Jaqueline 1.86 m, NATALIA; SASSA 1.79 m, JOYCE 1,90m; ADENIZIA 1.86 m; CAMILA BRAIT (2nd best libero in Brazil at present) and we still have the promise IVNA MARRA 20 years and 1.85 m, she surprised the country last year, but has surgery. Await the news they saw there, the NATALIA ZILO so was the beginning....

Excuse my English (Google translator) :thumbsup:

• What system will be in this edition? For match win 3-0 2 points or 3?

Good question Bartek! I believe this new system will be implemented. Just like it happened in the World League. I believe that we'll find the answer in the competition formula session of the World Grand Prix page in the FIVB website.

The World Cup will be thirlling from now on! And also the finals of the WGP if they were played in a round-robyn system, just like it happened in 2005, 2007 and 2008.
    Just for the sake of curiosity, if this system had been applied in the WGP 2005, Italy would have been the Champions, not Brazil.

• Brazil looks really strong, but it is not a surprise.

P.S. Biancamc, I love your avatar :cheesy: :D

hehe :D it is certainly a nice pic! :cheesy: :cheesy:

About Mari using the #7 t-shirt, i heard she chose this one now ... :call:
    if i am not wrong, she played with #7 long time ago ... :teach:

• I didn't watch her playing for Pesaro but, i think, in Brazil, Finasa Osasco times, she was number 7. But i can be wrong.

I am no Mari expert :wavy:

• Mari in national team she is wearing #3 and sometimes #5 but she used to wore #7 not on NT but in sao caetano

• Maja Tokarska will replace Ela Skowrońska in roster.
    I think (and I've hear) that Ela quit of NT.

What do you mean exactly? She doesn't want to play in NT or Matlak don't want her in the squad :?:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D