REQUEST:translate

• In fact, I don't know where should this topic belong to, so I post it here
    can any body translate the following paragraph in to english?

I can only understand some parts and I want to know more details

thanks for your help :)

Milena Rosner: Włosi zadzierają nosa
    seniorki 10.02.2008 13:00:17

Życie w słonecznej Italii to zdawałoby się marzenie każdego człowieka. Jednak nie Mileny Rosner. - Włosi zadzierają nosa. Poza tym lubią plotkować, wiedzieć o tobie wszystko. Kim jesteś, z kim sypiasz, co jesz...- skarży się polska siatkarka, która od ponad pół roku reprezentuje barwy Foppapedretii Bergamo.

Przyjmującej reprezentacji Polski przyzwyczajanie się do włoskiego stylu życia nie przychodzi łatwo. - Włosi wszystko odkładają na później. Nawet głupią antenę telewizyjną musiałam wymienić samemu, bo im sie nie śpieszyło - mówi Rosner. - Denerwujące jest to, że na wszystko mają czas. Nie mogę się odnaleźć w sytuacji, kiedy oni ciągle mówią: jutro, jutro... - dodaje siatkarka.

Opieszalstwo mieszkańców Półwyspu Apenińskiego wcale nie jest zdaniem Polki ich największą wadą. - Nie podoba mi się u Włochów przede wszystkim to, że chodzą z zadartym nosem, mają bardzo wysokie mniemanie o sobie. To denerwuje. Odrobina skromności nikomu nigdy nie zaszkodziła - uważa pani Milena

• I'll try :)

Italians give themselves airs

Living in sunny Italia seems to be a dream of every man. But not Milena Rosner's. - Italians give themselves airs. After all, they like to gossip, know everything about you. Who you are, who you sleep with, what you eat... - complains Polish volleyball player, who has been representing Foppapedretti Bergamo for one and a half year now.
    For Polish NT's receiver getting used to Italian style of life is not easy. - Italians postpone everything. I had even to change my stupid sattelite by myself, cause they didn't want to rush - says Rosner. - It is annoying, that they have time for everything. I can't find myself in the situation in which they're always saying: tomorrow, tomorrow...- adds player.
    In Rosner's opinion, indolence isn't the worse disadvantage of The Apenin Peninsula inhabitants. I don't like especially, that Italians give themselves airs, feel self-important. It's irrytating. A bit of modesty has never been harmful to anybody- thinks Milena.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Are the spaniards so much different? :roll: (i mean this easy way of living...)
    When i read this quote i felt kinda uncomfortable. Ok, she says what she thinks but she should be careful anyway.

I do agree with her on some aspects, but she is generalising and her tone (which might be edited by the publishers of course) sounds kinda rude too...
    She is playing in italy and has fans there, she shouldnt risk to lose this support by saying such.

Im actually curious to read what sambaplayer thinks of it

• Maybe she doesn't like Italy after all, or it was edited, but anyway, I kinda agree, she shouldn't have said that -- if she said.
    But on the other hand maybe she doesn't care about the repercussion of it...

• Haha, yeah, it's true, we Slavs are so much different from western people. I like her sincere attitude, but I do agree she should respect the people from the country she lives in - and where she gets her paycheck. It is hard to tell though, because the way the news is published is not always the most accurate one - and this is a translation after all.

• I'm pretty sure her interview was edited. I can't believe a sensible person would ever say that to the press, even if that's exactly how this person feels. Saying that to a close friend or to the family is one thing, but saying such words to the press is no less than being stupid. After all, Italian teams pay (on average) the best salaries to volleyball players and such a speech can make it difficult for her to renew her contract with Bergamo or any other Italian Team.

In addition to this, such interview contradicts her. If she claims that the slav way of behaving is the correct one, she should act accordingly and be a reserved person rather than spreading her thoughts about the Italian people behaviour to a magazine or a newspaper or any other means of communication.

In addition to this, such interview contradicts her. If she claims that the slav way of behaving is the correct one, she should act accordingly and be a reserved person rather than spreading her thoughts about the Italian people behaviour to a magazine or a newspaper or any other means of communication.

To be fair, she didn't say the Slavic behaviour is the "right one". But of course it's hard for her to adapt herself.

By the way, Slavs are reserved but are also very straight forward and sincere about things, so there is no contradiction in her behaviour.

• I'm pretty sure her interview was edited.

Edited by who? I haven't heard Rosner's objections about this interview. I'm sure it was authorised.

The most important 3:

• As far as I'm concerned, journalists ask for authorization in order to be given the interview. Once the interviewed person speaks, journalists can distort the whole thing by cutting off some parts of the interview and giving more emphasis to others. That's why I think this interview was edit. I doubt she said only bad things about Italy. The journalist might have asked about the positive and negative aspects of living in Italy but decided to remark only the negative ones.

I totally agree that Slavs are straight-forward, even when it comes to a subject that is controversial or can hurt other people's feelings. Anyway, I wasn't referring to Milena's ability of being objective when I said the interview contradicted her, but to the fact that saying what she said to the press was far from behaving like a reserved person. For me, this is another evidence that the interview was edited.

My point is, Milena might have said all that, but inside a context which was not portrayed in the interview.

• As far as I'm concerned, journalists ask for authorization in order to be given the interview. Once the interviewed person speaks, journalists can distort the whole thing by cutting off some parts of the interview and giving more emphasis to others. That's why I think this interview was edit. I doubt she said only bad things about Italy. The journalist might have asked about the positive and negative aspects of living in Italy but decided to remark only the negative ones.

I totally agree that Slavs are straight-forward, even when it comes to a subject that is controversial or can hurt other people's feelings. Anyway, I wasn't referring to Milena's ability of being objective when I said the interview contradicted her, but to the fact that saying what she said to the press was far from behaving like a reserved person. For me, this is another evidence that the interview was edited.

My point is, Milena might have said all that, but inside a context which was not portrayed in the interview.

Ah... Now I understand what you mean :) In this meaning - the interview was edited. I just translated that, what has been put in this forum by one of the users(Milena Rosner #13). This is only a little part of the whole interview, which was published in Polish main sport newspaper "Przegląd Sportowy" about two weeks ago. I read it in details: Rosner was asked about good and bad impressions from Italy. Here, on the forum, we have just that, what she didn't like. If the user had put the whole interview here, we wouldn't have had these interpretation problems here :huh: I wasn't able to do this, because I don't have the newspaper with the interview anymore. :huh:

The most important 3:

• To be honest, I don't believe this interview. We all know what journalists are capable of. I just don't see Milena using such words. :down: I mean, maybe another player, but not Milena!

About Slavs being straight forward and Italians easy living, that is just stupid generalization. We know that evey person is different. I know people in my neibourhood who are some reserved and other open. Others who are workers and other who are lazy. And so on and so forth. And they are of the same nationality.

And me, that I'm half Italian and half Slav, how can be categorized? :whistle:

BTW, it can be that Milena is not feeling well in Italy. Some players such as Jaqueline also was unconfortable last year. Some players befriends other do not. Other players made a lot of friends here in Italy for example Spasojevic and Sokolova. So it also depends on the player personality.

• Samba... as a half Italian half Slav person, you can be categorized as a straight-forward and open person or, if you prefer, as a lazy and reserved person!

I did my best to give you options! Now it's up to you to pick one of them! LOL!