2008 transfer news

• The press begin to leak some informations about 2008 transfers.

The most interesting one is that Cannes's opposite Gundar Celitans who made a very impressive season his rumored to join Treviso next year.

Other rumors:
    - Czech international opposite/wing spiker Ondrej Hudecek (currently playing with Rennes) could be playing with French Cup winner Beauvais next year.
    - French international wing spiker Bojidar Slavev (Toulouse) will probably leave for Montpellier.
    - Cannes and Poitiers are fighting to sign french international wing spiker Florian Kilama (currently playing with Poitiers).
    - Poitiers also want to sign French International libero Jean-François Exiga (Cannes) but he could be heading to Italy and perhaps Cunéo.

In Cannes, Dutch international wing spiker Jeroen Trommel , Finnish international wing spiker Oli Kunnari and Letton international center Vladislav Hotulevs will probably leave the team as well.

Czech international opposite Filip Rejlek (who has been out most part of the season because of a knee injury) could be going to Paris. He was playing with Toulouse and made a great season last year. His teammate Ondrej Boula (setter) his rumored to go to Poitiers. In this case this mean that US international setter Kevin Hansen could be leaving Poitiers.

• News from Tours today:

The Spanish International middle blocker and European Champion, Julian Garcia-Torres will be back in Palma Mallorca despite having a 1 year remaining contract with Tours. (I think that both the team and the player agreed to part)
    And the young wing spiker Guillaume Quesque (19) Youth European Champion with France last summer, and MVP of the tournament, signed his first pro contract (a 3 years one) with Tours.

• Oh are you sure that Torres is comming back to Mallorca or just leave France? and why if he has a contract he wants to come back?
    thanks for the info by the way!!

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• It has been announced by a local TV . I did not see the broadcast so I don't know if Julian himself said it on the TV.

I think he's leaving because he's not playing much with Tours. He has been a substitute the whole year, because Vincent Montméat and Sergiu Stancu are better blocker than him. (though I think Julian was the better spiker of the three, but he's definitely not as skilled as them when it comes to blocking).
    I think there has been an agreement between Tours, Mallorca and him. He's not playing much with Tours, Mallorca is probably happy to have him back, and Tours must have some solutions to replace him (and Tours always let players go when they no longer wanted to be in the team)

• Ah I see, i won`t discuss of who is better blocker cause i don`t know this Stancu at all. But Torres is a very good middle-blocker so if it is like you said and he is not playing much - better for him to come back to Mallorca. I will always "love" him for this block on Poltavski in Moscow :D :D

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Sergiu Stancu is a Romanian international. He is 25 years old. Last year he struggled in Tours and played very little, but this year he is one of the very few players to play well.

Two years ago, when playing with Roeselare, he was fourth best blocker of the Champions League.
    This year he is the third best blocker of the French Championship.

He also has a devastating smashed-floating serve. Without a doubt the best I ever saw. He does not scores many aces, but the receiver often have many difficulties to control his serves, and the opponent's setter often has to set the ball very far from the net.

• News from Tours.

All players are leaving the team excepted: Loïc Le Marrec, Vinvent Montméat and Kristian Knudsen.

Therefore the following international players will leave:

- current Serbian NT libero Marko Samardzic
    - Bulgarian Oppostie Danail Milushev
    - former Serbian (and Yugoslavian) NT wing spiker Slobodan Boskan
    - Romanian middle blocker Sergiu Stancu (see above)
    - former French NT setter Mathias Patin and wing spiker Sebastien Frangolacci
    (and of course, Julian Garcia-Torres as announced previously)

Slobodan Boskan was playing with Tours since 4 seasons, he was the only Champion's League winner remaining in the team ... ;(

• How come so many people are leaving? Did they play such a bad season? Did they not get along? I thought Trommel was doing quite well over there?

• Polish rumours about transfers:

Skra Belchatów is close to sign a contract with Miguel Angel Falasca (Palma de Mallorca). Polish press anounced that Skra is also interested of Dawid Murek (Jastrzębski Węgiel), Piotr Gacek (AZS Częstochowa), Bartosz Kurek (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn), Marcin Wika (AZS Częstochowa).

Resovia Rzeszów is interested of Marcin Możdżonek (Mlekpol AZS Olsztyn), Paweł Woicki (AZS Częstochowa) and Łukasz Kadziewicz (Sparkling Milano)

Plamen Konstantinov

• How come so many people are leaving? Did they play such a bad season? Did they not get along? I thought Trommel was doing quite well over there?

Tours played a very bad season. That's why player are leaving.
    And Cannes played too good this season. Players like Jeroen Trommel will probably have opportunities to get more money in others teams...

Today news:

- In Paris, French international middle blocker Romain Vadeleux, French international opposite Ludovic Castard, and Brasilian setter Rafael Redwitz (considered the best setter of French Championship) are leaving.
    - Canadian International Opposite Dallas Soonias (who was playing with Sète since February) will leave to Russia.
    -
    US international setter Kevin Hansen and Spanish international libero Jose-Luis Lobato will leave Poitiers as well.

• Tours announced today that Czech international opposite David Konecny (currently playing with Ostrava) had signed a two-years contract.
    Former french international wing spiker Marc Schalk (Montpellier) will play with Tours for two years as well.
    And the Czech middle blocker Petr Konecny (Sète) signed a two years contract too a few days ago. He is one of the top blocker of the French championship for the 4 last years.

• Boyan Yordanov is leaving Olympiakos for an unknown destination. Krasimir Gaydarski probably will also leave Olympiakos.

Plamen Konstantinov said that he probably will stop playing after the Olympic games. ;(

• Mikko Esko (Finland) signed 3-years contract with Montichiari.

Plamen Konstantinov

• French international middle blocker Romain Vadeleux (Paris) has not decided yet where he will play next year. He has contacts in Italy and Poland, and with Cannes (and he could be staying in Paris).

• French international middle blocker Romain Vadeleux (Paris) has not decided yet where he will play next year. He has contacts in Italy and Poland, and with Cannes (and he could be staying in Paris).

Poland? which team? :what:

Plamen Konstantinov

• not any clue ... :white:

But maybe you know of a team looking for a middle blocker of his level ?

Anyway, as I said, he has not take any decision right now.

• not any clue ... :white:

But maybe you know of a team looking for a middle blocker of his level ?

Anyway, as I said, he has not take any decision right now.

Well Skra has too many foreigners now and all of them will play in starting six and besides they have Heikkinen and Pliński . Olsztn hmmm they have Grzyb and they are interested of Kadziewicz. Jastrzębi has 3 middle blockers under contracts (Ivanov, Jurkiewicz, Czarnowski) and Czestochowa... that could be Czestochowa, they have one good middle blocker, one also good but young. American middle blocker who play there - Phil Eatherton is leaving... there is also Rzeszów - they will have big money for the next season.
    But i don`t know why i would say that it was Jastrzebie`s idea. There are rumours Treviso is going to rent Pujol to Jastrzebie for 2 years so he would have a friend :D anyway all i wrote - nothing sure.

Plamen Konstantinov

• There are rumours Treviso is going to rent Pujol to Jastrzebie for 2 years so he would have a friend :D anyway all i wrote - nothing sure.

Hey thanks for the info ! That could make sense . Pujol and Vadeleux played together in CNVB (and of course in NT)...

• Tours's coach will be Eric N'Gapeth.

He was a French International in the 80's and has been coach of Cannes, Poitiers and Paris (2 french cups, 1 french championship and 1 Champion's league final 4)

His son Earvin N'Gapeth, youth French international opposite/wing spiker (he was the fifth scorer of the Youth World Championship last year at 16 and one of the very few players born in 1991 to compete) will come in Tours too. He is expected to have a very bright future.