Personal FORECAST: Who do you think are the players who would compose your favorite women's national team for the coming Olympic Games?

• My favorite women's team is Russia and I think the team's line-up for the Olympic Games would be like this:

1. Sheshenina
    2. Akulova
    3. Gamova
    4. Sokolova
    5. Godina
    6. Merkulova
    7. Alimova
    8. Borodakova
    9. Safronova
    10. Kabeshova
    11. Kulikova
    12. Fateeva (Artamonova if she is available)

How about you? :)

• Italy:

Lo Bianco, Ferretti, Piccinini, Rinieri, Del Core, Aguero, Ortolani, Gioli, Guiggi, Barazza (I hope), Paggi, Croce(L)

Brazil:

Fofão, Dani Lins, Jaqueline, Paula Pequeno, Sassá, Nathalia, Sheilla, Mari, Walewska, Fabiana, Thaísa, Fabi(L)

Serbia:

Ognjenovic, Simanic, Spasojevic, Nikolic, Molnar, Nesovic, Djerisilo, Brakocevic, Citakovic, Veljkovic, Krsmanovic, Vujovic(L)

• Russia:

Setters:
    Sheshenina, Akulova

MBs:
    Merkulova, Borodakova, Alimova

Hitters:
    Gamova, Sokolova, Godina, Artamonova, Kulikova, Andrushko

Libero:
    Kabeshova

Just wondering, how old is Kirilova, the former setter of the Russian team and wife of Caprara? I heard she is one of the greatest setters of Russia. Is it possible for her play again for the team just for this coming Beijing Olympics?

• I agree with you.

• Kirillova is 42 or 43 years old. Some time ago there were rumours that she wanted to play in Beijing but it is not possible because in the 90s she changed nationality from Russian to Croatian and FIVB rules do not allow to play for the old national team again.

• My Brazil's team would be:

outside hitters: Paula Pequeno, Jaqueline Carvalho, Natália Pereira and Marianne Steinbrecher
    middle-blockers: Walewska, Fabiana and Adenízia
    opposites: Sheilla and Joycinha
    setters: Fofão and Carol Albuquerque
    libero: Fabi

• for me i want the karpol team..but i think that is so impossible...but dis is my new lineup...
    MB.Merkoulva,Borodakova,Alimova

Setter.Akoulova,Sheshenina

Oh.Godina,Gamova,Safronova,Artamonova,Kosheleva....i really hope that Artamonova will play..

Opposite.Sokolova

Libero.Kabeshova

• Poland:

Setters: Sadurek, Skorupa
    OH: Glinka, Barańska, Podolec, Rosner, Mirek
    MB: Liktoras, Dziękiewicz, Gajgał
    O: Skowrońska
    L: Zenik

If all will be healthy there are only 2 question-marks: Mirek and Gajgał. In my opinion all places on the other positions are booked :P

• Italy (alphabetical) :win::

Taismary Aguero, Sara Anzanello, Jenny Barazza (I hope so and I'll keep my fingers crossed for she), Leo Lo Bianco, Paola Croce (L), Stefania Dall' Igna, Antonella Del Core, Simona Gioli, Martina Guiggi, Paola Paggi, Francesca Piccinini and Manuela Secolo

Brazil:

Carol, Fabi (L), Fabiana, Fofão, Jaqueline, Mari, Natália, Paula, Sassá, Sheilla, Thaisa, Walewska

Cuba:

Arredondo, Barros, Calderon, Carrillo, Herrera, Gonzales, Mesa, Ortiz (L), Ramirez, Ruiz, Sanchez, Santos,

Russia:

Akulova, Alimova, Borodakova, Gamova, Godina, Kosheleva, Kryuchkova (L), Merkulova, Safronova, Sedova, Sheshenina, Sokolova,

U.S.A:

Ah Mow-Santos, Berg, Bown, Busse, Davis (L), Haneef-Park, Hunter, Joines, Klineman, Metcalf, Nnamani, Tom

Es ist gut, daß uns ein Hoffen gegeben, ein Selbstbetrug dadurch man vergisst, daß unser Gastspiel in diesem Leben eine tragische Komädie ist

• My personal forecast :P

Italy
    Lo Bianco, Ferretti, Aguero, Del Core, Piccinini, Togut, Ortolani, Gioli, Guiggi (or Barazza if she recovers), Anzanello and Cardullo...

Brazil
    Fofão, Fernanda, Sheilla, Renatinha, Mari, Jaqueline, Paula, Sassá, Walewska, Thaisa, Fabiana and Fabi

USA
    Ah-Mow Santos, Berg, Haneef, Tom, Glass, Metcalf, Busse, Dani Scott, Bown, Joines, Davis and Sykora

• TURKEY:
    setter: naz aydemir,elif ağca
    OH:natali hanikoğlu,gözde kırdar,esra gümüş,seda tokatlıoğlu
    blocker:aysun özbek,eda erdem,ciğdem can rasna,gökçen denkel
    opposite: neslihan demir,neriman özsoy
    libero:gülden kayalar

SERBIA:
    Setter: Ognjenovic, Simanic
    OH: Spasojevic, Nikolic, Molnar, Tomaseviç
    opposite: Djerisilo, Brakocevic
    blocker:Citakovic, seculic Krsmanovic
    libero: Vujovic

• Team Brasil:

Libero: Fabi
    Setters: Fofao, Fernanda (or Carolina)
    Blockers: Walewska, Fabiana, Caroline, Thaisa
    Hitters: Jacqueline, Mari, Paula, Natalia
    Opposite: Sheilla

• Nice team jaden! Mine is pretty much like yours! Seeing your roster you gave me an idea and I changed mny previous roster:

Setters: Fofão and Carol A.
    Opposite: Sheilla
    Outside hitters: Jaqueline, Mari, Paula and Natália
    Middle-blockers: Walewska, Fabiana, Thaísa and Adenísia
    Lìbero: Fabi

• The Russian Team of my dreams:

Setter: Vassilevskaia
    Opposite: Gamova
    Outside hitters: Sokolova and Artamonova
    Middle-blockers: Borodakova and Alimova
    Libero: Morozova

Coach: Nikolai Karpol