retirement of Gortzen

• Naah I don't. He's retiring completely now actually, he played his last match in Germany, awww. Sucks to see him go, even though he didn't play at the level that he used anymore. He used to have ridiculously powerful spikes. I remember while qualifying for the 2000 olympics in France he hit one of his all time best forms ever. It was just ridiculous to see how hard he would hit the ball. Like I remember him hitting the French defenders and the balls bouncing half way across the gym, leavng the the defenders to wonder what the frick just happened.

• Naah I don't. He's retiring completely now actually, he played his last match in Germany, awww. Sucks to see him go, even though he didn't play at the level that he used anymore. He used to have ridiculously powerful spikes. I remember while qualifying for the 2000 olympics in France he hit one of his all time best forms ever. It was just ridiculous to see how hard he would hit the ball. Like I remember him hitting the French defenders and the balls bouncing half way across the gym, leavng the the defenders to wonder what the frick just happened.

Is it a club match in Germany? I think that his top form is between 1998-2000. He's really a top-class all-round player. Apart from spiking, he's also responsible for the team's reception and defense. Indeed, if he could play with another powerful OH on court in 2000, it's possible for the Dutch team to go to the Finals again.

• Yeah true, although Reinder Nummerdor was also a good all-round player, he always did lack a little power in attack. Yeah Gortzen played his last match in the German competition. One thing I think did borhter him was his swing technique in attacking, I always felt that it took up too much time causing him to make contact with the ball while it was no longer on its highest point.

I remember seeing him serve a 118km/h serve once, that was sick.