Volley Ball couple?

• Seems like Egonu is a groundbreaker on all levels. Happy for both of them!

She is very popular right now. Everybody expected the men's NT to win a medal - many were thinking about the gold - and considered it as the best team since the Generazione di Fenomeni. Then men's team had an epic fail at the very first real obstacle and the women's team reached the final out of nowhere and the girls became very popular: they're on cover of magazines, on media, interviews and so on.

At first there was a lot of talking about Paola being black and italian, because Italy is generally a racist country (now more than ever, since there's on government a party which made of the migrants' expulsions its must; in the past they used to be racist to the people of the south of Italy too).

Then she had another intwrview where she said she had a girlfriend and talked to her to get through the world championship final lost (and she was very brave, 'cause Italy is homophobic too).

Now she revealed who her girlfriend is.

• She is very popular right now. Everybody expected the men's NT to win a medal - many were thinking about the gold - and considered it as the best team since the Generazione di Fenomeni. Then men's team had an epic fail at the very first real obstacle and the women's team reached the final out of nowhere and the girls became very popular: they're on cover of magazines, on media, interviews and so on.

At first there was a lot of talking about Paola being black and italian, because Italy is generally a racist country (now more than ever, since there's on government a party which made of the migrants' expulsions its must; in the past they used to be racist to the people of the south of Italy too).

Then she had another intwrview where she said she had a girlfriend and talked to her to get through the world championship final lost (and she was very brave, 'cause Italy is homophobic too).

Now she revealed who her girlfriend is.

She's freaking awesome and ridiculously brave for her age. It makes me happy to have someone like her on worldwide volleyball.

• I had no idea! Paola must be insanely strong to openly defy so many forms of prejudice at such a young age. It really is amazing. :flower:

Props to Skorupa as well, she doesn't come from the most gay-friendly country, either.

It makes me a bit sad that this kind of public coming out is still completely unthinkable in Serbia and I'm fairly sure there are a few players that would fit the mold.

• Congratulations to Paola and Kasia! I am so happy for them!

• So happy for them :love: Egonu is a gorgeous black beauty :super: that body of hers... Kasia is a lucky one :D

I can't wait untill Ebrar announces her girlfriend to us sometime in the future :lol:

• I can't wait untill Ebrar announces her girlfriend to us sometime in the future :lol:

Me too! She was posting lots of pictures with other lesbian players during the WCH (or the VNL, can't recall) and it was adorable.

• Wait. Maybe she's not lesbian at all. :aww:

I didn't decide that just because she has short hair and a masculine personality btw if that's what you're trying to say... :wavy: I already posted about that a while ago and feel no need to repeat myself.

• Bu the age difference is enormous . 34 vs 19 . Not your ideal relationship

She is very popular right now. Everybody expected the men's NT to win a medal - many were thinking about the gold - and considered it as the best team since the Generazione di Fenomeni. Then men's team had an epic fail at the very first real obstacle and the women's team reached the final out of nowhere and the girls became very popular: they're on cover of magazines, on media, interviews and so on.

Yes ı'm following. Bye bye to Zaytsev's charisma :) Epic failure :)

• Bu the age difference is enormous . 34 vs 19 . Not your ideal relationship

Yes, upon further reflection I find it a bit icky as well. Though it's funny how one's perspective changes over time; when I was 19, I was definitely into 30-something guys and didn't find anything unusual about that. Now, such relationships gross me out a little.

But it's entirely possible that Egonu is mature beyond her age, so it's somewhat less of an issue.

• I didn't decide that just because she has short hair and a masculine personality btw if that's what you're trying to say... :wavy: I already posted about that a while ago and feel no need to repeat myself.

We don't know till she says it.

• I didn't decide that just because she has short hair and a masculine personality btw if that's what you're trying to say... :wavy: I already posted about that a while ago and feel no need to repeat myself.

well, I don’t think Ebrar is hiding in the closet. I saw her in the street, holding hands of her girlfriend.

• Yes, upon further reflection I find it a bit icky as well. Though it's funny how one's perspective changes over time; when I was 19, I was definitely into 30-something guys and didn't find anything unusual about that. Now, such relationships gross me out a little.

But it's entirely possible that Egonu is mature beyond her age, so it's somewhat less of an issue.

It is kinda gross indeed, but I've lost count of how many lesbian relationships with a huge age gap I've seen over the years lol at this point it doesn't surprise me anymore.

• I`m pretty sure this started last season and this explains why Skorupa left.....If I remember correctly Skorupa said things start to change towards the end of the season and she was feeling somehow uncomfortable and they were looking at her with the side eye and she had no clue what was going on...but up to that everything was fine and they were ready to renew with her, probably their relationship grew as the season went on and they did not want to have them together as this could cause some distraction especially for Egonu.

• Ebrar is already out and about shame... It is already public and she is not hiding it. Are u waiting for her to make a public statement to Turkish media? L O L

I like her ways, a world where you never have to hide in the closet in the first place is ideal :*

Edit: btw coming out in Turkey doesn't have consequences in that way! Lets not spread false info, sure making your family accept you will be tough most times... There are many many famous gay people in Turkey and that are loved by the public, way more then even some of our western neighbours.