Volley Ball couple?

• congrats :-) , so finally after all that long years the rumours about Kasia are true

• I had no idea about Patch. :white:

There are rumors floating around about Benjamin Patch and his teammate Taylor Averill. It's not been confirmed though. All these photos are from Ben's instagram. Maybe they are just good friends.

• Patch's post if anyone's wondering. I thought he wasn't straight since I saw him for the first time, so it didn't came as a surprise to me. It was still really good to hear about it though!

• I also found one of his posts a while ago rather "suspicious" (in lack of a better word, no negative connotation intended!) but he deleted it after a while. And apparently he's a very religious Mormon, which does not correspond too well with being gay (at least as far as my knowledge about religion goes).

Yep. First time I saw him, it crossed my mind he wasn't straight, so I did a quick Google search and found out about his religion and I thought I was just imagining things regarding his sexuality. The same account from the pic I posted above also has one of his answers regarding religion and he says he doesn't have one though, so I'm not sure what to think. lol I'm inclined to believe his account and what he says.

• It seems female players have no issues of coming out. We've seen some female volley couples - Marianne and Sheilla, Carol and Anne. But most gay volley players are still in closet. Douglas is the only one who openly comes out. Maybe the pressure on gay volley players is higher than that on lesbian players?

I knew Mari was gay, I did not know about Sheilla... But that makes her bisexual as now she`s married to a man. When did they date?

• There are rumors floating around about Benjamin Patch and his teammate Taylor Averill. It's not been confirmed though. All these photos are from Ben's instagram. Maybe they are just good friends.

they are just good friends. Taylor has a fiance, in fact, Ben takes their couple pictures. I also saw these kind of pics of these two but they are just friends. Taylor seems to be a cool guy, i am sure lots of guys would have thought people would think they are gay so they wouldn’t share such pics.

I had no idea Ben was Mormon.

• Congrats to Kasia and Paola!:rose:

That young lady is indeed extremely brave to combat prejudices on multiple fronts at such a young age! As if her talent and efforts on the court were not enough of an inspiration for us all!:obey:

It seems female players have no issues of coming out. We've seen some female volley couples - Marianne and Sheilla, Carol and Anne. But most gay volley players are still in closet. Douglas is the only one who openly comes out. Maybe the pressure on gay volley players is higher than that on lesbian players?

Have Mari and Sheilla ever openly admitted to being together? I mean, there is very little doubt that they WERE together, but I was not aware that they actually admitted to it...

• Congrats to Kasia and Paola!:rose:

That young lady is indeed extremely brave to combat prejudices on multiple fronts at such a young age! As if her talent and efforts on the court were not enough of an inspiration for us all!:obey:

Have Mari and Sheilla ever openly admitted to being together? I mean, there is very little doubt that they WERE together, but I was not aware that they actually admitted to it...

They never admitted it, but there were many signs during at least 5 or 6 years. They were always together, there are many pictures taken from paparazzi and fans. They also used a commitment ring and had matching tattoos. Also, they played during 6 straight years in the same clubs. We all know in Brazil that they were together, there is no need for confirmation.

• Yes, I know. Like I said, there is no doubt that they were a couple; just thought kyle7n1's post implied that they confirmed they were a couple, which I was not aware of.

• Yes, I know. Like I said, there is no doubt that they were a couple; just thought kyle7n1's post implied that they confirmed they were a couple, which I was not aware of.

Yes, "they are a couple but not officially come out" would be more accurate.

• Kasia never hidden it.

exactly...