Andrea Garghella

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball?
    I started to play Volleyball here in my city when i was 13 years old

Which is the best memory of your career?
    I have great memories about the last matches of the last 3 years when we saved at the last games of the championship. Also the calling in the national team was one of the best feeling i had!

What is the most important skill to be a good libero?
    I can say that the thing that makes the different is how you menthally approach to this role. You must have good technical skills but also a very strong mind, and you must be patient but very aggressive at the same time.

In your opinion, who is the best libero on the world?
    I think Sergio is still the best becouse of his attitude in the court.
    Anyway i think also Corsano, Farina and Henno must be studied becouse of their technic and sense of position.

What do you like the most in volleyball?
    I like it cos it is a team game: you can't do anything alone, and i like to think that other team mates have to trust on me as i do with them. Then i like very much also the atmosphere u can breath in volleyball: i still think is one of the most sane u can find in sports.

What is your main motivation which makes you fight on the court?
    I like to win if i can, so i always try to do my best when i'm on court.

What is your motto?
    Using mind and working hard can make you reach something u didn't expect to reach.

What do you like to do in your free time?
    I study environmental engineering at university, i still have two years to finish it. in my free time i also like to use internet and to take care of my website (http://www.garghy.it) and my blog (http://www.garghy.blogspot.com, it is in English too)

What three words would you use to describe yourself?
    Rational, responsible, a good friend

Do you have any dream?
    The olyimpics still are one sportman's dream and i'm a sportman :-)

Pictures: garghy.it and semprevolley.com