World Championship Japan 2010

• FIVB confirmed the number of vacancies assigned to each confederation for the WCH2010 as follows:

WOMEN:
    Asia (4) + Japan (host country)
    Africa (2)
    Europe ( 8 ) + Russia (current champion)
    North and Central America (6) ??!!! :thumbdown:
    South America (2).

MEN:
    Asia (4)
    Africa (3)
    Europe ( 8 ) + Italy (host country)
    North and Central America (5)
    South America (2) + Brazil (current champion)

• Japan again? I would love to be seeing the World Championships stage in a different country.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Yuyuppi! WCH in Japan! There haven't been any volleyball event in this country recently!Children shouting: "Nippon!Nippon!" empty halls, no audience (except of Japanese matches) and longer brakes after second set only when host plays... No comment :roll: :white: Thanks God, that OG won't take place in Japan this year...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Yuyuppi! WCH in Japan! There haven't been any volleyball event in this country recently!Children shouting: "Nippon!Nippon!" empty halls, no audience (except of Japanese matches) and longer brakes after second set only when host plays... No comment :roll: :white: Thanks God, that OG won't take place in Japan this year...

I totally, wholeheartedly agree with you. I'll just add that it's a pleasure to wake up at 3 am to watch the matches or even better not to watch them at all because you actually have to get some sleep as you're going to have to go to work in the morning. Oh, the joy!

• During last WCH,i was preparing for uni exams.Matches generally began early(at school time).That's why i run away from school sometimes even from tutors.I have said so many lies to my parents.It seems i'll run away from uni too :D

• even

Here in Bulgaria the matches from WCH 2006 were at the "pleasant" time of 3.00 am or 4.00 am, but it was worth wakinf up and seeing this matches... i remember the awful match (the one which i still hate :D ) with poland on the 1/2 ...it was something like 8.00 am but i had english course at this time which of course missed because of the match. Despite the loss from poland i didn't sorry then. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Japan's okay for me because of the one-hour difference. Unfortunately, no station is expected to broadcast this tournament. It's all about that shitty game called bastketball that dominates TV. X(

• It would be understandable if volleyball was popular in Japan, but apparently it's not as the arenas are pretty much empty except when Japan plays. They sure love their NT, but not the sport itself. So why they insist on organizing so many tournaments is really beyond me.

Though I'm a Chinese,I'm sorry to tell you that Japan's organization level is higher than China.

And Chinese female volleyball team is a special significance to the Chinese people.....

So,,,the peoole in China prefer to see their mother-land team rather than other team,,,so are the Japnease. :)

Lukily,I hear that the volleyball ticket sells hot~~~I try my best to get a semi-final tickets....

I don't know if I can watch China's match..but I think it'll be an exciting match!!! :drink:

• Too bad the World Championship will be held in Japan again. The matches here are broadcast at dawn too, especially those that take place in the afternoon in Japan.

I prefer the dawn matches rather than the morning matches though, I am allowed not to sleep, but I am not allowed to miss a working day. :lol:

• I totally, wholeheartedly agree with you. I'll just add that it's a pleasure to wake up at 3 am to watch the matches or even better not to watch them at all because you actually have to get some sleep as you're going to have to go to work in the morning. Oh, the joy!

:lol: :lol: You're totally right. The last WCH has been the death of me, I woke up at 3 in the morning to see the matches...I don't want to do it again!! ;(

I didn't know Italy would host the 2014 WCH (how informed am I...). Great! :dance6:

• Yes, women WCH 2014 will take place in Italy. That probably means no broadcast in the rest of Europe because either Rai or Sky will have the exclusive TV rights :thumbdown:

I hope they won't have the exclusive rights, because WCH is an important competition and they can't block the view to other countries. It's not fair. I think they will probably make some agreements.

• They will probably not show it here in USA.... grrr.... :cursing: TV channels here will probably be too cheap to buy the rights and show the games. ;(

• i know it's too early. but what are your speculations on who would be in the lineups?

• i know it's too early. but what are your speculations on who would be in the lineups?

yeah its definitely too early.
    We have to wait for 2009 to see some indicators, cos for many NTs its still not clear who will continue and who will retire.

So i dont think it makes much sense to speculate already