World Championship Japan 2010

• I know you have nothing against Poland. I just wanted to say my opinion about this situation. Ofcourse it is not fair that POL and JPN have priveleges. But I think it can't be measured the same way... Japan has much more support from FIVB than Poland and lets say also China have much more privelege from FIVB than Poland... I know that like this time Holland should be ranked 9th but it is in only FIVB fault and the thing that they've got some strange rule of drawing in their competitions (I really don't get the point of drawing in WGP for example...)
    And yes probably USA and CUB will get 1st and 2nd spot in their group but I think it is too much hype on this forum about the thing that their group is much more stronger than RUS/CHN group...
    And the subject of Turkey - they played really good this year and then they lost against ITA and GER in EURO easily... I think the same thing will happen next year... or as somebody said they need much more matches in prestigous friendly tournaments - Mountrex, Yeltsin cup for example....to make some good results in WCH

• I know you have nothing against Poland. I just wanted to say my opinion about this situation. Ofcourse it is not fair that POL and JPN have priveleges. But I think it can't be measured the same way... Japan has much more support from FIVB than Poland and lets say also China have much more privelege from FIVB than Poland... I know that like this time Holland should be ranked 9th but it is in only FIVB fault and the thing that they've got some strange rule of drawing in their competitions (I really don't get the point of drawing in WGP for example...)
    And yes probably USA and CUB will get 1st and 2nd spot in their group but I think it is too much hype on this forum about the thing that their group is much more stronger than RUS/CHN group...
    And the subject of Turkey - they played really good this year and then they lost against ITA and GER in EURO easily... I think the same thing will happen next year... or as somebody said they need much more matches in prestigous friendly tournaments - Mountrex, Yeltsin cup for example....to make some good results in WCH

We lost Grmany easly.?? :white: :D :D :D :D You are joking I think..The match finished 3-2.. :obey:

• We lost Grmany easly.?? :white: :D :D :D :D You are joking I think..The match finished 3-2.. :obey:

Ok maybe not easily but you lost anyway. And lost as usual to Germany...

Yeah...I agree with you about Japan recieveing much more privilegde, and about FIvb rules...I really dont understnad....the first thing I dont understand why GRande Prix and World League have different formulas, for me both tournaments whould be like World League!

• Ye ye I will give Turkey 10-11 position in World Championships 2010.

:D are you kidding ?.
    i don't think so. because you should remember that we won serbia at the ECH and poland at the qualifications in poland ... how can we be at the 10-11th place ...

• :D are you kidding ?.
    i don't think so. because you should remember that we won serbia at the ECH and poland at the qualifications in poland ... how can we be at the 10-11th place ...

We will see November 2010 :)

• i don't think so. because you should remember that we won serbia at the ECH and poland at the qualifications in poland

so?? and still Turkey finish 6th on the ECH . Turkey has some wins over strong teams but mostly in matches without such a big meaning when thre's no much pressure on them. but on the major competition their performance is very disapointing. i mean since 2003 they did not have any decent result. last ECH 10 now 6 ,WCH- 10, they qulify to WGP only once if i remeber correctly so to be honest Turkish shouldn't excpect so much of their team. if they will be among best 8 teams i would coinsider it as succes.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• so?? and still Turkey finish 6th on the ECH . Turkey has some wins over strong teams but mostly in matches without such a big meaning when thre's no much pressure on them. but on the major competition their performance is very disapointing. i mean since 2003 they did not have any decent result. last ECH 10 now 6 ,WCH- 10, they qulify to WGP only once if i remeber correctly so to be honest Turkish shouldn't excpect so much of their team. if they will be among best 8 teams i would coinsider it as succes.

not 6th on the ECH 5th .... :) i want to say that we can do good things because we are a good team ... but we do silly things because of this i cant say that we are going to do but i say that we can do ... if serbia did it we can do ...

• not 6th on the ECH 5th .... :) i want to say that we can do good things because we are a good team ... but we do silly things because of this i cant say that we are going to do but i say that we can do ... if serbia did it we can do ...

I agree..We are good team we dont say ''WE ARE THE BEST or WE WİLL BE CHAMPIONS '' We say WE CAN DO!!!'

• I agree..We are good team we dont say ''WE ARE THE BEST or WE WİLL BE CHAMPIONS '' We say WE CAN DO!!!'

Ofcourse Turkey is a good team. All I want to say and some other people on the forum that since 2003 Turkey is playing not so really good in any of the big tournaments - ok 5th in EURO2009 but as somebody said they beat some good teams in 2009 and then in EURO they played not that good. That scenario could repeat again next year - they can maybe beat Russia etc... but also they can lose to Korea or Domenican Republic...
    thats all from me on this subject

• Ofcourse Turkey is a good team. All I want to say and some other people on the forum that since 2003 Turkey is playing not so really good in any of the big tournaments - ok 5th in EURO2009 but as somebody said they beat some good teams in 2009 and then in EURO they played not that good. That scenario could repeat again next year - they can maybe beat Russia etc... but also they can lose to Korea or Domenican Republic...

yes i agree. we do silly things always :( we shouldn't lose to korea or dominican republic ..

• Ofcourse Turkey is a good team. All I want to say and some other people on the forum that since 2003 Turkey is playing not so really good in any of the big tournaments - ok 5th in EURO2009 but as somebody said they beat some good teams in 2009 and then in EURO they played not that good. That scenario could repeat again next year - they can maybe beat Russia etc... but also they can lose to Korea or Domenican Republic...

Yep, you are absolutely right. Our team's only problem is mental instability. Because of this, we can beat Russia or maybe China, at the same time, we can lose to Korea or Dom. Republic. I'm Turkish but I need to be honest, this is it.

• if we keep our hopes so high, we can be disappointed again. Turkey always do silly things

we shoulded won over Germany in EURO2009 for example, if we did, everything would be much more different for us.

Past is past anyway :)

hope we have a good tournament in Japan

• I see that the fivb world ranking is changed on 30 november. Why is this on 30 november insteand of 31 oktober (for example)? It will give huge differences in the pools in Japan 2010! It is annually happening like this?

• i think that turkey should play like this:
    neslihan-seda-esra-eda-gülden-naz-çiğdem
    seda is receiving so good in fenerbahçe acıbadem ... if she can continue like this it will be so good for us

• Why is this on 30 november insteand of 31 oktober (for example)?

cus Japan prefers to play with Poland than with Holland :lol:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Group B is pretty interesting. Brazil,Italy and The Netherlands at the same group. wow. I'm really looking forward to see how they're gonna play up. Castro,Aguero and Flier. The best OPP players amongst the world. well,btw Is aguero going to play or is it unknown yet? Hopefully she will. Because Ortolani doesn't deserve to be main OPP player instead of Aguero yet. of course, Ortolani has such strong spikes and strong servers. but Aguero has more and more. Otherwise, Italy could call Centoni if Aguero doesn't want to join into the national team anymore. anyway, Italy is still strong. There's a big reliance in italian national team I suppose.
    all I'm saying is Group B is interesting! :)

Let's take a topic.
    I think, Brazil definitely needs a better setter than Dani lins for world championship 2010 or should give more lessons how to toss better for her, otherwise Fofao can comeback If she's totally okay with that. I also think Ana tiemi is better at blocking than tossing :D (she might fits better as a middleblocker i guess)
    Pequeno,Steinbrecher,Castro(Carvalho,Pereira and the stuff as well) . Brazilian spikers deserve to be named "the best" in the world. but if the setter isn't good as good as them, they might have some problems like they showed for a while ago in The world grand championship. also Russia showed that how important the setter is a couple of times.

Holland...
    Staelens needs to use the middle more. Visser and Wensink make points highly. this is how to devide all the balls. so I'd say ranking of Holland is up to Staelens. Holland has such great players like Stam C.Staelens and the stuff. (Flier..no doubt. I can say this again XD)