World Championship Japan 2010

• If 3-2-1 Match Win Points System was used for Matches, this is how the groups would look:

Group E
    Russia 21
    Japan 14
    Serbia 12
    Turkey 10
    Poland 9 (higher pts ratio)
    China 9 (2nd higher pts ratio)
    South Korea 9
    Peru 0

No change in group results

Group F
    Brazil 20
    USA 15
    Italy 13 *
    Germany 12 *
    Cuba 8
    Netherlands 7
    Thailand 6
    Czech Republic 3

Italy would be third instead of fourth, while Germany would be fourth instead of third.

• Today Turkey lost to Poland..I didn't watch the match because of my school! But we will play against Germany in 5-8 semi final! :D If we had won against Poland, we will play against Italy..I think Italy is a harder opponent than Germany! :D Hope we will win against them :D

Congratulation Russia, Brazil, Japan and USA! They all deserved semi final! What happened to The Netherlands, China, Poland! :S This tournamnet is very important for world rankings..

• Seeing that this has basically become a thread about the Dutch NT, I'll say that Stam is the most overrated player ever. If she looked like Lindsey Berg, no one would ever mention her.

I agree, it is not hard to mention 10 to 20 OHs which are quite easily better than her, especially in attack.

• I hope Polish girls will get 9th place. It's worse than I predicted:/

And I'm for Russia in F4. I hope the match will be as good as 4 years ago.

• What happened to The Netherlands, China, Poland! :S This tournamnet is very important for world rankings..

For years ago Poland played much worse than this year, but qualified to Beijing OG. So, I hope we qualify to London 2010 as well.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Schedule for this weekend: http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…duleSF.asp?Tourn=WWCH2010
    Very sorry,but match Netherlands-Poland is 4.30 am :(

Strange...
    On this site: http://sport.onet.pl/siatkowka…mosc.html#tabsTS-824-1681 there is still 10 am... Well, it looks FIVB knows better :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Strange...
    On this site: http://sport.onet.pl/siatkowka…mosc.html#tabsTS-824-1681 there is still 10 am... Well, it looks FIVB knows better :)

Stil two more days to go,then we will know, 4.30 is better time for me, I have to set my alarm,but that's ok,I have to start work at 8, so I hope it will be 4.30 ( never thought I should say this...:D)

• In my opinion there is enough motivation in this team. They lack clearly the extrovert team-spirit/fighting-spirit (body-language) like German team has specifically.

Motivation is a psychological and physiological process, which gives person an aim and the strenth to reach that aim. Are you sure, they have it? Maybe they know the aim in their heads, but definitely there is no inner impulse in them, needed to reach it. It's the coach's job to give that impulse before every game.
    As for the "body language". Dutches are northern people like Russians. I wouldn't expect being extraverts from them. And the lack of expression surely doesn't prevent Russians from wins.

They are too sweet to each other. I think a reason could be they have known each other very well during all those years - have become good friends, they call themselves almost a family - and because of that they can't get angry to each other?

Believe me, you don't want to see them going nuclear on each other after every miss ;)

Teamplay? Do you mean they act as individuals? I think they feel themselves like a real team.

I'm sure, they feel themselves as a team. But this team functions as a car having all systems broken. Just a couple years ago, Dutch NT was the best example of a perfect team interaction. Even commentators on TV pointed, how awkwardly Russian team moves, and how ideally smooth the Dutch girls work altogether.

I think Dutch NT should indeed try to copy the Russian development in playing...quicker sets, more combinations...BUT therefore you need a good/great setter, which we don't have!

Why not train Laura? She's young and I'm sure she easily can learn a few new combinations. Kim isn't old either.

4 Selinger should change his mind, otherwise he shoud leave.

Or maybe it would be good for him to graduate some advancing courses? Sportive psychology and modern volleyball tendencies, for example. Or at least do an upgrade for his own training system.
    It would be really interesting to hear the opinion of other coaches about Selinger's system and players, grown by him.

• I think we should have patience with Dutch team, it'll sort itself out. Panic sucks.

Noooo! We can't wait till girls become the 70th years old grandmom's!! :lol:
    And we have a right for panic, coz we don't affect the result anyway :D
    Help, somebody!! We've lost WGPQT 2011 and WCH 2010!! We almost don't have the world ranking points!! Participation to OG 2012 is in a big danger! Help!!! :sos: 8o :D

Seeing that this has basically become a thread about the Dutch NT, I'll say that Stam is the most overrated player ever. If she looked like Lindsey Berg, no one would ever mention her.

Can't agree with you. Volleyball is a team sport. As a Dutch team member, Debby is one of the best. To understand this, just look how NED plays without her. It's a pure disaster.
    Oh, and let's see, how it's going for her outside NT: Cup of Russia 2008 with Universitet Belgorod. MVP of Cup's Final Four. Silver medals of Turkey Championship with Vakifbank. Not bad for the "most overrated player ever", ah? :lol:

• I'm really excited for the semi-finals between Russia and the US :) Gamova vs Destinee, Sokolova vs Logan Tom

I really hope Russia wins :D

I need something to restore my supporter's spirit, killed by Dutch and Serbian teams performance.
    Watching how Russia demolishes USA in the semi-final would be good enough :D
    Go, Russia!! :win:

• Noooo! We can't wait till girls become the 70th years old grandmom's!! :lol:
    And we have a right for panic, coz we don't affect the result anyway :D
    Help, somebody!! We've lost WGPQT 2011 and WCH 2010!! We almost don't have the world ranking points!! Participation to OG 2012 is in a big danger! Help!!! :sos: 8o :D

So,it wasn't a dream??? ;) :sos: :read: :wall: :evil: :wacko: 8o :thumbdown: Helppppppppppppppppp the Netherlands !!!!! ?( 8| X( :S ;( :D ;)

• Tsk tsk. On another website, it is hinted that Destinee Hooker made an inappropriate comment about her teammates after USA lost to Brazil, saying that her teammates need to grow up.

I know a loss is always frustrating but you should still have your teammates' back. :down:

yeah she did... :down:

I think that's not a championlike behavior. Destinee is one of my favs, but better speak about that things with the team. Comments like this via the Internet are inappropriate and really not good for your team morale :hit:

• what is the GMT for the semis games?

• what is the GMT for the semis games?

Japan to GMT is +9 hours. So...

RUS-USA @ 15:00(Japan) = 06:00(GMT)
    BRA-JPN @ 18:00(Japan) = 09:00(GMT)

for MEZ it's 07:00am and 10:00am

makes sense to me, so the players will get a siutable rest before the finals on sunday

• I'm really excited for the semi-finals between Russia and the US :) Gamova vs Destinee, Sokolova vs Logan Tom

I really hope Russia wins :D

Yeah me too, but the USA will stun the Russians :D

We will see, i expect a hard fought game and a lot of crazy digs and spikes! I'm watch for sure...

two more games! LET'S GO U-S-A!!!

• On the other hand, Germany is the biggest poitive surprise. For a team with such a disticnt lack of individuals, they've done extremely well. Third place in the group and a top 8 finish, ahead of such teams as Cuba, China, Poland, the Netherlands - well done!

I wouldn't say there is a lack of individuals in our team, only in OH position. Kozuch, Ssuschke, Fürst, Tzscherlich are world class players, and also our setter is playing a quite good tournament (yet I don't think as great as Guidetti says all the time, but still...). If only we had at least one OH on international level who can attack and receive well we could perform even better.