World Championship Japan 2010

• I'm so sorry for Korea. They played well in the first round.

Cuba vs Italy is always fun. I'm sorry that Italians could not win. But congrats to the young Cubans. I'm sure that they will improve in the following years. Just do not loose your "pimienta" and two setters system.

• Turkey can not finish a tournament without facing Germany. I remembered 2006 WCH when these two teams played for 9-12 places.There was Grun then. Now they will try to get 5th place. Can we say these two teams stepped up?

• Turkey can not finish a tournament without facing Germany. I remembered 2006 WCH when these two teams played for 9-12 places.There was Grun then. Now they will try to get 5th place. Can we say these two teams stepped up?

4 years ago it was Grün vs Neslihan, now it is Kozuch vs Neslihan and Fürst+Ssuschke vs Eda ;) I think Germany has an advantage because Guidetti knows the most Turkish players very well as Vakifbank coach...

• Tsk tsk. On another website, it is hinted that Destinee Hooker made an inappropriate comment about her teammates after USA lost to Brazil, saying that her teammates need to grow up.

I know a loss is always frustrating but you should still have your teammates' back. :down:

What were her words? I'm surprised as she seems a nice girl. The fact she is the top scorer for the US may have hit her. She should realize she's the best scorer for her team but there are players receiving, digging and setting for her.

• What were her words? I'm surprised as she seems a nice girl. The fact she is the top scorer for the US may have hit her. She should realize she's the best scorer for her team but there are players receiving, digging and setting for her.

From Destinee's Twitter page:

"USA
    is a great team we just need 2 play together & not be on our own
    island then change once a sub is made. Ppl need 2 grow up on this team."

but she deleted it later - drama on womens volleyball, its always good when there is some tension, but to be honest, its not smart to write something like this about your teammates

• I updated the team statistics by skills for the 4 semifinalists of the 2010 WCH.

The 4 teams are ranked by skills according to their performance so far in the tournament.

RANKING - SPIKE
    TEAM SPIKES FAULTS SHOTS TOTAL ATTEMPTS EFFICIENCY
    RUS 450 85 323 858 52,45
    BRA 440 123 355 918 47,93
    JPN 473 117 501 1091 43,35
    USA 443 123 480 1046 42,35

RANKING - BLOCK
    TEAM BLOCKS FAULTS REBOUNDS TOTAL ATTEMPTS AVG. BY SET
    RUS 103 136 232 471 4,29
    BRA 107 139 241 487 4,28
    USA 101 183 302 586 4,04
    JPN 87 145 239 471 3,11

RANKING - SERVE
    TEAM ACES FAULTS SERVE HITS TOTAL ATTEMPTS AVG. BY SET
    RUS 55 58 647 760 2,29
    BRA 49 53 640 742 1,96
    JPN 54 52 683 789 1,93
    USA 28 79 638 745 1,12

RANKING - DIG
    TEAM DIGS FAULTS RECEPTIONS TOTAL ATTEMPTS AVG. BY SET
    USA 387 176 420 983 15,48
    BRA 345 131 321 797 13,80
    JPN 367 198 340 905 13,11
    RUS 294 174 323 791 12,25

RANKING - SET
    TEAM R. SETS FAULTS S. SETS TOTAL ATTEMPTS AVG. BY SET
    USA 342 13 633 988 13,68
    JPN 310 2 742 1054 11,07
    RUS 260 7 572 839 10,83
    BRA 242 13 654 909 9,68

RANKING - RECEPTION
    TEAM R. SETS FAULTS S. SETS TOTAL ATTEMPTS AVG. BY SET
    USA 353 20 232 605 58,35
    BRA 297 26 188 511 58,12
    RUS 279 26 187 492 56,71
    JPN 293 32 289 614 47,72

• Russia should defeat USA in the semis. But I know that Logan Tom will not come down easily. She will bounce back with that forgettable game against Brazil. Im sure the USA ladies will put up a big fight. :thumbup:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I need something to restore my supporter's spirit, killed by Dutch and Serbian teams performance.
    Watching how Russia demolishes USA in the semi-final would be good enough :D
    Go, Russia!! :win:

That will be nice. :) I want Sokolova and Gamova to redeem themselves from their disappointing stint in Beijing :thumbup:

• I'm really excited in the US-Russia match. Can the athleticism of USA beat the experience to the Russian team?

I think Destinee said that as a sign of frustration. The team is young and inexperienced... she's feeling the pressure of winning. I don't see anything wrong about it though but for the rest of her teammates it might be a little negative.

I hope Japan can beat Brazil hahaha.

• I'm really excited in the US-Russia match. Can the athleticism of USA beat the experience to the Russian team?

I think Destinee said that as a sign of frustration. The team is young and inexperienced... she's feeling the pressure of winning. I don't see anything wrong about it though but for the rest of her teammates it might be a little negative.

I hope Japan can beat Brazil hahaha.

I still don't quite understand why Destinee was so sensitive at Logan shown a LITTLE more emotion once Berg subbed. :hit: Logan played poorly and she knew it and I don't think she blamed on Glass. But once Berg subbed, it more like she hope may be Berg can bring sth different helping she out of the poor hits. In fact, Logan's face&body language almost totally the same, only few more chats with Berg, but what's wrong with that!??

Poor Logan, had a bad match and also got blamed on-air by your teammate for showing more emotion :thumbdown: Hope it won't effect in the Russia match.

• Noooo! We can't wait till girls become the 70th years old grandmom's!! :lol:

:P You might have to wait till some players leave the team and other younger players join the team though. You see the thing is, you people (saying this in a very derogatory tone :P) seem to think that consciencely changing things is the way to make things better, because you yourself have analysed that things are going wrong (this is subjective). This is exatcly what is happening in the player's heads on court. They judge the situation as bad (while it is not objectively bad) and try to solve it... the solving makes one think and panic, it introduces fear and doubt about ones abilities (I'm not good enough I must change). This process itself causes you to play bad. If you catch the judging of the situation as bad and see that it is not bad, nor good, that it simply is volleyball, you will not try to fix the situation and you will retain your natural confidence in your game. This is also called patience and it is the best way to play at your own best level imo. So since you guys want 'take action' so badly, try seeing patience as the best course of action. It is not like things will not change, it is inevitable things will change.. your being patient won't make the world stop, you only think this because you enormously over-estimate your own influence on the world. You want to control.. while it is outside of your control. You can think about something for a 100 years and still not perform the way you want to, just let go, accept that you can't always win, this paradoxically is the best way to win. Selinger knows this I believe. That's why he said Kim's pregnancy would be advantageous for the Dutch team, on the long term. And he's right, you just have to see longer term and not demand results from her (Dijkema) now (which I have to say, a lot of you are doing). I think we owe Selinger the same kind of patience that he extends to his players. Even if he never performs (he already has) I'll still be patient with him.

Sorry for getting all emphatic, but like this you may udnerstand better where I'm coming from.

Also, I want to see the Russian vs USA match. Always a good clash, but this time I think it has something special, since both the Russian and the USA team seem to have renewed themselves, the one with a new playing style and the other with lots of new players. As for Detinee saying her team mates should grow up, that's a little inappropriate by normal standards, since she's just joined the team, but I'm sure that things like that can be said in team USA without a massive conflict arising. I think that's how Americans keep each sharp as well perhaps?

• Russia should defeat USA in the semis. But I know that Logan Tom will not come down easily. She will bounce back with that forgettable game against Brazil. Im sure the USA ladies will put up a big fight. :thumbup:

I believe this match will be quite interesting. Russia leads the team ranks in all the scoring skills (spike, block and serve) while USA leads the team ranks in all the non-scoring skills (defense, set and reception). I believe both teams will play the match of their lives and for volleyball lovers it will be a rare opportunity to watch first-class volleyball.

• As for Brazil-Japan match, I hope the story in the Men's Tournament repeats. Brazil faced the hosts in the semifinal match and won and eventually ended up World Champions. It will be really nice if we could be World Champions both in the men's and women's categories.

Go girls!

• This will be a good match.. Good luck to both teams.
    ( ♥ NESLiHAAAAN DARNELLLL ♥ )

I love your banners. You should do some for the semifinals and sell them to the FIVB :)

• I love your banners. You should do some for the semifinals and sell them to the FIVB :)

A banner with Gamova vs Hooker would be nice and maybe Saori vs Sheilla.
    Germany-Turkey game is almost at the same time with USA-Russia, so sad I'm gonna miss that battle. X(