World Championship Japan 2010

• This is the only game in this World Championship where Sokolova made several running attacks and yes, she is still unstoppable.

One more victory and you can finally redeem your bad performance in the Beijing Olympics.

Hats off though to Hooker. I don't think the Russians were able to stop her. Also, to Berg. This is her first game and yet she manages to give a lot of beautiful sets especially to the middles.

I agree with you. I never saw Sokolova doing it in the first and second rounds. I love her. she's a player russia can lean on with needed aside from, of course, Gamova and Kosheleva. Btw, was Gamova crying after the game?

• congratulations to Russia well deserved place in the final. they are in fanastastic shape now they have the best wing spikers trio in the world right now, such a brutal force espiecially by young Koszeleva who is aiming at MVP of tournament award.
    IMO the veterans of USA let the team down, i mean Tom and Bown-they both didn't contribute as much as they should. on the other hand Hooker was superb, amazing player she is. where has she been all the time?? she's 23 and she just appeared from nowhere this year and she took the volleyball world by storm.

I agree mateo. Russia is very deserving and will give Brazil (or Japan) a lot to handle. :box:

Bown and Tom made more errors. I don't know what is wrong with Tom's shoulder or arm but it has clearly been bothering her this entire World Championships. In this match again, she was grabbing her shoulder and wincing in pain. It has really limited her on the attack.

Alicia Glass just did not connect well with her hitters and Berg did a good job, I think.

They need to recover and prepare for the bronze medal match. Who will set in the next match for USA? Berg or Glass?

• trully pathetic match to watch at 3 am. Poland did everything to lose this match

I wouldn't be so cruel to Poland. The number of mistakes was high, but defense was really amazing. Holland had a hard time trying to hit the ground.
    Gameplay of Dutch gils haven't changed to better, unfortunetaly. Losing the ends of the sets and decisive moments, just like all matches before. Also, the individual levels were lower than usual. Manon, Maret and Chaine were hardly noticable on the court. Alice Blom was the best, imo, but comitted too many serve faults, which isn't typical for her. Something wrong in the Dutch kingdom...

Btw, was Gamova crying after the game?

Yep.

Great game by Russia today. Most of all I'm glad, that girls managed to tame the nerves and continue playing at good level. Winning the spirit fight against USA is very important for tomorrow. Get ready, Brazil, we're coming for ya!!! :box:

• Turkey-Germany 3-2 :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

• Congratulation Russia..... though I was rooting so hard for the young USA team but I think its not their time just yet. The game was very intense, I was really hoping for the US to catch with up in the 4th set but the Russians are all for it and never let their guards down. I notice that the US blocks aren't working in this game even if the Russians lack combination plays and uses the predictable high sets. Hooker and Larson are great and I enjoyed their performance so much.

Okey next is Japan and Brazil..... I do hope Japan will beat Brazil and spoil their chance for the finals.... I really love Ebata and Saori like crazy and their out of this world defense is astonishing to watch. Go JAPAN!!!!!! :dance4:

• Russia 3-1 USA :drink: Turkey 3-2 Germany Neriman rocks %100 in 5th set :super: 2 crazy blocks from Eda :lol: Hope Serbia can beat Italy today :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• holy crap Japan is INSANE !!!!!!! what a fantastic 1st set !!

Go Nippon !!

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Wow! The athmosphere in the hall is incredible! The audience drives the Japanese team forward! Really entertaining match! :thumbsup:

• Japan is AMAZING! Awe-INSPIRING!!!!!! :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

• :obey: JAPAN!!!!!! I heart U

Keep that ball flying!!!! and then bury it in BRAZIL's court!!!!

• :obey: JAPAN!!!!!! I heart U

Keep that ball flying!!!! and then bury it in BRAZIL's court!!!!

• oh my god this is the best game japan played in this w.c...gooooooooooooooo japan beat brazil in 3 sets......my heart is falling....the games is at its best :dance6: :super: :drink:

• oh my God! I thought Russia-USA game was the best. I was wrong. Japan-Brasil game is amazing. Japan leads 2 sets to 0!

• Brasil cannot cope up with the Japanese speed! Go Japan!

• i have no words i'm absolutly speechless. you are the best no matter what will happen :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.